Howard and Jeremy amateur hour

BLZFAN4LIFE

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are easily the 2 worst people on any sports related show in the country. Neither one of them know a thing about sports. The one guy tries to be funny or edgy, but knows so little about sports it's painful. Then the other guy Howard, makes Steve Urkle look like Steve Austin. When Jeremy says anything that is his idea of an interesting fact, Howard will just say oh wow I would have expected it to be blank...when it's clear to everyone that neither guy has watched a sporting event in 20 years. How can that station not do better then these guys ? When they do the trivia, some of the answers they miss and give are fireable offenses in their line of work.

I would argue that point Schopp and the Bulldog have them out classed for worst,although todays show was completely unlistenable (if thats a word) and I turned on 96.9 for some good ole classic rock :)

Then that's not saying much for the medium.

You're not wrong. I went to work for WFNX in Boston in the early 2000s. Turns out, that wasn't a great time to be getting into commercial terrestrial radio.

But Howard and Jeremy aren't even the most amateurish show on WGR, by far. Believe me, I'm kind of a snob about production values. But nowhere else can we hear as much Bills radio content, so I suck it up and deal because I like hearing about my team.

I tune in early this morning for some Bills coverage to hear Jeremy say this, and I quote "This offense is exactly what we thought they probably might be". Wow, with insight and analytical capabilities like that, I'm shocked that ESPN hasn't gobbled him up!

please explain how they are wrong? Bills got rid of watkins who was the one wr that made tyrod look like a good passer.... Bills have a bunch of possession wrs that cannot get separation.

I am surprised your "insight and analytical" capabilities cannot see that

Instigators is great. I don't even like hockey and I listen because it's fun and I love hearing them joke with each other and give inside stories from their playing days. Why can't we have a football show like that? Darryl Talley is so broke that we have to have fundraisers for him so why not give him a job? I'm sure there are others that could use the paycheck.

Everyone else at WGR is completely expendable to me. Sal gives good insight but I prefer him reporting on the team rather than taking calls. Murph and Brown spinning their propaganda is getting tiresome. Schopp is the most miserable person I have ever heard in my life. How does that guy still have a job? I prefer the night crew because at least it sounds like they are having fun and want to be there. Schopp sounds like he sits at home in a dark room wondering if he should jump out the window or go into work, decides to go to work, kicks his dog on the way out, gets into road rage on the way, then we have to listen to how miserable he is for 3 hrs.

I didn't know that this board is a bastion of positivity. Are you the block captain?

Just pointing out that Howard and Jeremy have to be the worst radio show covering professional sports in the country. Their talent level is on par with college radio.

Then why come on here and give them free advertising?

When people talk about radio shows on public forums like this - it makes the show producers happy and makes them want to keep doing whatever it is they are doing because it is getting people to talk about it.

So outside of WGR guys, what experience do you have with sports radio to disagree? I've also lived in the Carolina's and those guys are pretty garbage too.

Columbus 97.1 is not bad. They are generally a lot better with college football but that's expected. Also I'm not in Cleveland anymore but that's interesting, haven't heard of that guy.

Dustin Fox actually played for the Bills about 10-12 years ago. I think he was one of the last white CB in the NFL.

Edited by YoloinOhio

They are easily the 2 worst people on any sports related show in the country. Neither one of them know a thing about sports. The one guy tries to be funny or edgy, but knows so little about sports it's painful. Then the other guy Howard, makes Steve Urkle look like Steve Austin. When Jeremy says anything that is his idea of an interesting fact, Howard will just say oh wow I would have expected it to be blank...when it's clear to everyone that neither guy has watched a sporting event in 20 years. How can that station not do better then these guys ? When they do the trivia, some of the answers they miss and give are fireable offenses in their line of work.

So, you listen every day and to every segment it sounds like...but they are awful

I couldn't disagree more. I live in the range of NYC and I can't stand most of those guys, but when you grow up with professional sports radio stations...it's pathetic to listen to the WGR morning show. They literally know nothing about sports . They don't even watch the games that they talk about. I can't speak first hand about Indy or Cleveland, but Howard and Jeremy are the 2 worst I have ever heard.

and you get to say how you hate all the NYC guys as well, and talk again about you hate listening to the morning show at GR, even though you still do

Instigators is great. I don't even like hockey and I listen because it's fun and I love hearing them joke with each other and give inside stories from their playing days. Why can't we have a football show like that? Darryl Talley is so broke that we have to have fundraisers for him so why not give him a job? I'm sure there are others that could use the paycheck.

Everyone else at WGR is completely expendable to me. Sal gives good insight but I prefer him reporting on the team rather than taking calls. Murph and Brown spinning their propaganda is getting tiresome. Schopp is the most miserable person I have ever heard in my life. How does that guy still have a job? I prefer the night crew because at least it sounds like they are having fun and want to be there. Schopp sounds like he sits at home in a dark room wondering if he should jump out the window or go into work, decides to go to work, kicks his dog on the way out, gets into road rage on the way, then we have to listen to how miserable he is for 3 hrs.

and another..GR is awful, but I listen all day everyday.

Y'all are funny.

And BTW, Jeremy has been saying since the Watkins trade the Bills are setting up Taylor to fail, he is mismatched with the offence. TT strength is downfield, vertical throws, this offence is timing, horizontal throws. He said the Jet game was an extended preseason game, and lets see if this offence can operate against a team built to win now. His thought was it would stall out. He has been saying this stuff since August.

He was proven 100% right on Sunday, and yet he is the idiot..not those who listen to him everyday professing how they hate him.

WOW

no, son. I'm just young silent majority. You make this board on readable, and others do as well when this type of rubbish is constantly posted. There was no need for your individual thoughts to trash something that does no good by discussing. If this is even remotely about the bills then that would have been acceptable perhaps if it was worded correctly. But this thread is a joke

Ahh, the young silent majority. Wish they would stay, you know, silent.

Jeremy is a pretentious dbag. I feel like WGR knows it but they never fire anyone so he feels like he can do whatever he wants. He comes off like such a prck. Him and Mike Schopp are the worst. They have little to no football knowledge yet they act like they know all and cut anyone off who disagrees with them. I even prefer the stoners at 7pm over those guys. At least they converse with people and let the fans put their 2 cents in. The other guys just ram their ideas down your throat and God forbid anyone ever disagrees. WGR is almost completely unlistenable at this point.

Imo,you calling someone a dshbag is like the pot calling the kettle black. Getting really personal there, buddy. Do you know him?! I don't know you, but you seem like a REAL dshbag! This is subjective, of course.

So, you listen every day and to every segment it sounds like...but they are awful

and you get to say how you hate all the NYC guys as well, and talk again about you hate listening to the morning show at GR, even though you still do

and another..GR is awful, but I listen all day everyday.

Y'all are funny.

And BTW, Jeremy has been saying since the Watkins trade the Bills are setting up Taylor to fail, he is mismatched with the offence. TT strength is downfield, vertical throws, this offence is timing, horizontal throws. He said the Jet game was an extended preseason game, and lets see if this offence can operate against a team built to win now. His thought was it would stall out. He has been saying this stuff since August.

He was proven 100% right on Sunday, and yet he is the idiot..not those who listen to him everyday professing how they hate him.

WOW

What the heck are you talking about? This is a small town, we don't have choices. The choice is don't follow the Bills at all or follow them but have to deal with terrible radio personalities and terrible posters on forums. We don't have a choice. Are you going to start a thread too about how we should get a new team? We can't, we have the Bills. How dare we demand better from our team and our media! That's like a 300 pound guy that is like oh well I'm fat, too bad it is what it is. Actually you can improve. You can demand more in life and actually achieve it. As Bills fans it's ok to demand more. We don't have to settle for second rate.

What the heck are you talking about? This is a small town, we don't have choices. The choice is don't follow the Bills at all or follow them but have to deal with terrible radio personalities and terrible posters on forums. We don't have a choice. Are you going to start a thread too about how we should get a new team? We can't, we have the Bills. How dare we demand better from our team and our media! That's like a 300 pound guy that is like oh well I'm fat, too bad it is what it is. Actually you can improve. You can demand more in life and actually achieve it. As Bills fans it's ok to demand more. We don't have to settle for second rate.

Except GR isn't awful, not even close.

I vote that they remove the John Murphy show and replace it with a show starring Sal,Chris B, and Kelso. I think all three are well informed and bring something to the table. John Murphy is way too over the top with optimism. I like Donald Jones but just don't think he is cut out to be on radio.

Edited by Finkle Is Einhorn

Ahh, the young silent majority. Wish they would stay, you know, silent.

Imo,you calling someone a dshbag is like the pot calling the kettle black. Getting really personal there, buddy. Do you know him?! I don't know you, but you seem like a REAL dshbag! This is subjective, of course.

That's fine, I'm not a public figure. When you work in the public and act like a jerk people will call you out for it. If you don't want to hear the opinion of former listeners then don't put yourself out there. Lots of other jobs in this world. Lots of know it all jerks at the dmv

Except GR isn't awful, not even close.

There's a whole thread about it so people in here must think so. It's not all bad, just 2 people that drive me nuts. 1 on each show. Maybe put them together so I can just skip that 1 show instead of tuning in thinking today might be better, getting frustrated, and turning it off

The only alternative is blasting away at the mistakes made like Dickerson and Wander did every day on WGR during the steep decline of the Kelly years and the misery after his retirement. Quite entertaining but would cause many on here to get the vapours.

Sadly that seems to be the winning formula for Buffalo fans. Vitriol by the bucketfull.

I vote that they remove the John Murphy show and replace it with a show starring Sal,Chris B, and Kelso. I think all three are well informed and bring something to the table. John Murphy is way too over the top with optimism. I like Donald Jones but just don't think he is cut out to be on radio.

Yeah, Murph is hard to listen to. I don't mind Donald Jones. He's getting better with experience. If you are going to have "state radio" Chris Brown, Kelso and Sal is a better combo.

It's a one sports radio station town I can't stand them but I still will listen hoping it's when they check in with Sal Howard is an embarrassment plays the nice guy role he's too nice to fire. I'm surprised Schopp and Bulldog don't know more about football as long as they've been doing this but they don't. Gates show The nightcap as good as any show I've ever heard them have insightful funny on the money entertaining really good. I wish it was Bob Gaughan and Brad Riter we deserve better but a lot of us haven't heard other post game or local sports talk shows. I. Short WAR is brutal

It's a one sports radio station town I can't stand them but I still will listen hoping it's when they check in with Sal Howard is an embarrassment plays the nice guy role he's too nice to fire. I'm surprised Schopp and Bulldog don't know more about football as long as they've been doing this but they don't. Gates show The nightcap as good as any show I've ever heard them have insightful funny on the money entertaining really good. I wish it was Bob Gaughan and Brad Riter we deserve better but a lot of us haven't heard other post game or local sports talk shows. I. Short WAR is brutal

haha when I listen I'm always hoping for the "Sal" segment to come on as well. He at least knows what he's talking about. I do listen to the Nightcap sometimes when I work out. The "kids" that host the show arent bad and I like that they replay Coach/player media sessions or interviews from throughout the day because I usually don't hear them live. Edited by YoloinOhio