Is this the new "normal" for Dareus

San-O

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he is so damn disappointing. The Haynesworth analogy is spot on. Tub o' shite is collecting more money than this entire board makes collectively. That sucks. Guaranteed money is the kiss of death. No one should get it anymore. There is no incentive to work hard. He knows he has the Bills by the balls and is milking it. I can't stand that crap.

Edited by BillsRdue

Mr. Big Stuff (a/k/a Mr. Tub-o-goo) is collecting checks until he gets traded to a coach that will coddle him for another big contract. Thanks Doug!!!

Marcel's big payday is over. I hope he was able to take care of his family, buy his mom a nice home, purchase a few big time things that can appreciate with time, and had someone help him invest his money wisely....

Because I see ZERO chance another team is blind to what he's doing here at One Bills Drive, and that's mailing it in, week to week, with the occasional, no, scratch that, RARE appearance where he gives 100% effort. Money means more to Marcel than the game does, and once he cashed in on his 100 million dollar payday, game was over.

No one, I repeat NO-ONE is going to offer Marcel any fat contract once he's done with the Bills. He may get a one or two year deal, loaded with incentives...at least that's my humble opinion.

Edited by smuvtalker

Marcel's big payday is over. I hope he was able to take care of his family, buy his mom a nice home, purchase a few big time things that can appreciate with time, and had someone help him invest his money wisely....

Because I see ZERO chance another team is blind to what he's doing here at One Bills Drive, and that's mailing it in, week to week, with the occasional, no, scratch that, RARE appearance where he gives 100% effort. Money means more to Marcel than the game does, and once he cashed in on his 100 million dollar payday, game was over.

No one, I repeat NO-ONE is going to offer Marcel any far contract once he's done with the Bills. He may get a one or two year deal, loaded with incentives...at least that's my humble opinion.

That two year deal will be more than most of us make in a lifetime. And I think teams will be lining up to sign him.

He's playing for a coach who pretty much outwardly hates him and doesn't hide the fact that he'd rather he not be there.

They're both wrong, if you ask me.

Can I just say that I love the nicknames that you guys have given Dareus in this thread?!

1) mr. Big snack

2) tub-a-goo

3) dime bag dareus

4) pork chop

5) fat Al 2.0

I gotta admit, I do greatly admire the creativity and sense of humor on a great many posters on here, you included JR...

Come on, throw one out there! I know you have one in ya...here I'll start it out...

"Mikey" ...... just Mikey! From that commercial, you Millenials are way too young to remember it...its a cereal commercial, and these kids are staring at a bowl of cereal, but no-one will eat it. So one of the kids says, give it to Mikey, he'll eat anything...so they give it to Mikey, and he starts eating it, and they're all like, heyyy he likes it!!!

Mikey! What do yall think?

I gotta admit, I do greatly admire the creativity and sense of humor on a great many posters on here, you included JR...

Come on, throw one out there! I know you have one in ya...here I'll start it out...

"Mikey" ...... just Mikey! From that commercial, you Millenials are way too young to remember it...its a cereal commercial, and these kids are staring at a bowl of cereal, but no-one will eat it. So one of the kids says, give it to Mikey, he'll eat anything...so they give it to Mikey, and he starts eating it, and they're all like, heyyy he likes it!!!

Mikey! What do yall think?

Haha-- I am digging Mikey.

I feel like there may be another similar 80s reference lurking in here-- like from those old stovetop stuffing commercials:

Pretty sad watching the rapid decline of this guy as a player. He's gone from the most important piece on the D to being almost irrelevant. I think the guy has some mental issues, and football just isn't that important to him anymore. Maybe I'm wrong but he just doesn't seem happy.

Haha-- I am digging Mikey.

I feel like there may be another similar 80s reference lurking in here-- like from those old stovetop stuffing commercials:

Love it! Yeah that commercial was right in my wheelhouse..."Hello, mom?" 😅😅

On a serious note though, do you believe ANY team out there is going to be willing to sign Dareus, er, Mikey to a multi-year contract? Me thinks if they do, it's gonna be peanuts compared to his last one, and I don't see Dareus sitting down to a slice of humble pie and agreeing to a contract that's laughable compared to his original fat payday...i can see him pricing himself out of the league...

We can't cut him, and this is silly. Two weeks from now he could own defensive player of the week... every other week for the rest of the year. He has that kind of talent. Let's calm down and see if he can get healthy and let it kick in. The negativity is amazing! We've seen great and very disappointing from him, I'll hope for more great. (Since we have no other reasonable option.)

Pretty sad watching the rapid decline of this guy as a player. He's gone from the most important piece on the D to being almost irrelevant. I think the guy has some mental issues, and football just isn't that important to him anymore. Maybe I'm wrong but he just doesn't seem happy.

That pretty much sums it up...that contract is a killer for the Bills. He doesn't seem motivated...I have seen guys have more emotion over popping a zit

Marcell Haynesworth

Only plays well when he cares. Was funny to hear one of the announcers Sunday say he had "one of the worst outings in the NFL week 1". Just about sums up the state of the franchise right now, when our supposedly elite all-pro doesn't care at all. Worst of all, this is not his modus operandi. It's relatively new.

Gotta say when they said he was hurt figured he wouldn't return. I look at it as he's was hurt and sucked it up and tried to help the team. He was out there fighting to the end. But I usually look at the glass half full. And 90% of the posters are the glass is half empty people!!!😳

Our run defense through two games had been outstanding. The front four including the rotation guys have been outstanding. Was at the game Sunday and watched dareus. Have no idea what his grade was but he was constantly swallowing up 2 guys and letting the LBs roam. Sorry haters he is playing well.

So wish we got JJ WATT instead. He has been banged up lately but guy was a 3x defensive player of the year and should have won NFL MVP. He seems to be back to his old self so far this year. Would have loved to see him next to Kyle all these years.

Agreed... Dareus need to start taking more steroids.

Our run defense through two games had been outstanding. The front four including the rotation guys have been outstanding. Was at the game Sunday and watched dareus. Have no idea what his grade was but he was constantly swallowing up 2 guys and letting the LBs roam. Sorry haters he is playing well.

After the first drive he was only in 17 plays. How much could you have possibly watched him?