Sammy watch

dave mcbride

That's the impression they are giving off. Even if Watkins was still here, our offense would still be bad. It would be just a little less bad.

But the way people are talking on here, he is sorely missed. Yes he would have an impact but not enough to make a huge difference.

We have bigger problems that what Sammy can fix.

I'm not saying Sammy isn't a good WR, he is.

Ok. We'll see what tune you're whistling in a few weeks.

Sometimes I think Bills fans get what they deserve.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are a lot of hills to die on. Trying to prove that San Fran's defense doesn't suck is not one of them. How about last year's rankings when they were dead last in opponent points scored per game? Who did they add that they are suddenly just an average defense? They are awful. That isn't up for debate at this point.

Yes, last year SF's D was awful.

This year, they played well against Seattle and Carolina.

Everything else is up for debate, because last year is over.

As for who they added, well, they did draft Solomon Thomas No. 3 overall and get Navorro Bowman back from injury, plus getting a new DC

Remember when Julian Edelman got a concussion on the game-winning drive in the Super Bowl?

What a pansy.

You mean the same Julian Edelman who had the same Jones fracture as Sammy and is currently out for the season with an ACL injury. Funny how the Patriots have stuck with him.

That's the impression they are giving off. Even if Watkins was still here, our offense would still be bad. It would be just a little less bad.

But the way people are talking on here, he is sorely missed. Yes he would have an impact but not enough to make a huge difference.

We have bigger problems that what Sammy can fix.

I'm not saying Sammy isn't a good WR, he is.

How did getting rid of the most talented young offensive player we had help in the process of improving?

Remember when Julian Edelman got a concussion on the game-winning drive in the Super Bowl?

What a pansy.

What's your stance Bandit? Everyone knew the trade made the Bills worse in the short term. Even I was pissed the day the trade went down, that meant we now had one of the worst WR groups in the NFL.

Nothing has changed. We still do.

Watkins showed his elite talent and then got injured, again. Wasn't that the concern with him? Didn't everyone already know what he could do while healthy?

The new guys didn't believe in Watkins or didn't want to pay him what he wanted. It could end up being a bad trade, we knew that right? Watkins could continually get hurt and never have the impact his talent would allow. In that case they would have avoided another colossal disaster of a contract.

Nothing changed last night. Maybe it just brought some

folks back to the day he was traded? You are a level headed guy, Rams won the trade for 17' or more importantly the Bills lost it. Lets see where it ends up. This was going to happen.

However, when he does get targeted and shows how effective he is, it's because the defense sucks.

You're taking my posts way too far. All I'm saying is one game against a bad defense doesn't prove anything (as Commonsense pointed out, they were even worse than usual because Reid was out). That's my whole point about the concussion. If one 100 yard game is proof of anything then so is one concussion. Or we can just agree that it's too early to make any judgments at all about the trade.

You're taking my posts way too far. All I'm saying is one game against a bad defense doesn't prove anything (as Commonsense pointed out, they were even worse than usual because Reid was out). That's my whole point about the concussion. If one 100 yard game is proof of anything then so is one concussion. Or we can just agree that it's too early to make any judgments at all about the trade.

The problem is that it isn't about one game; it's about the same theme emerging over his career (performance-wise): when he gets targets, Jean undeniably elite production-wise.

Sustaining a concussion is a single occurrence; putting up numbers when given the opportunity isn't (when it comes to this player I mean)

No but you said "what else do you expect" after the last 17 years.

Well, I've been here and 99% of the board doesn't complain anywhere near the level you do.

I have my complaints, I post them but I add other things as well....you don't.

You've been here? Funny but I don't remember you being here when the Bills traded away the best left tackle in the game and we were bombarded with "he wasn't resigning here anyway" and "he's a selfish diva" takes...

How did getting rid of the most talented young offensive player we had help in the process of improving?

Because we weren't competing this year and I believe (just my opinion) Sammy would have walked after this year so we got something for him.

I believe (my opinion) Sammy wants to be a great WR and he wasn't getting that in Buffalo when we've been the bottom of the league passing the last 2 years and the 3rd year looks to be the same.

Why would a very talented WR want to stay in a run focused team? When we draft a QB next year, he will be a rookie. That's 4 years in his prime with shaky QB play.

I simply post about the Bills. The Bills suck and prove me right countless times over.

I HATED the Watkins trade and it will go down as a bad trade in due time.

Remember it's a BILLS message board. The Bills have the longest playoff drought in all of sports. I'll complain all I want.

Trust me...we all know. We definitely know.

Because we weren't competing this year and I believe (just my opinion) Sammy would have walked after this year so we got something for him.

I believe (my opinion) Sammy wants to be a great WR and he wasn't getting that in Buffalo when we've been the bottom of the league passing the last 2 years and the 3rd year looks to be the same.

Why would a very talented WR want to stay in a run focused team? When we draft a QB next year, he will be a rookie. That's 4 years in his prime with shaky QB play.

Trust me...we all know. We definitely know.

There's a little something called a Franchise Tag.

You've been here? Funny but I don't remember you being here when the Bills traded away the best left tackle in the game and we were bombarded with "he wasn't resigning here anyway" and "he's a selfish diva" takes...

I wasn't here but what difference does that make?

Peters contract wasn't paying him top LT money because the previous extension. He had a legitimate complaint.

Are you trying to say every situation is the same or something?

The simple fact is that the team could've held his rights through the competition of the 2020 season with his option and 2 tags.

And could've leveraged the threat of successive one-year deals to get him to sign an extension. Especially given his injury history, he wasn't going to take that risk. Few players do.

And that is there even if you're a moron and decline a much easier 5th year option.

Sammy wouldn't have had the opportunity to do jack **** if they logically picked up his team option.

Why is that hard to comprehend?

Yep. The whole narrative of we needed to get something for him because he wouldn't sign here is flat out bogus. The team had control of the situation for the next two years on his rookie deal and beyond if they wanted it.