Week 3: Broncos' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

You don’t have to be so simple and reactionary. Have some depth in understanding the situation. That turning around a franchise that’s been adrift for 18 years doesn’t happen overnight.
I’m fine, I’ve known this was going to be a brutal season given the schedule and that Tyrod was going to be the starting QB. What I look forward to is watching the development of the team and the roster. I’m psyched because I’m almost 100% sure that this team will have their franchise QB in place 7 months from now come draft time. I’m pumped to watch Peterman play because there’s always that small chance that he could be a franchise QB.
Unless they clearly aren’t playing hard, booing this team is ridiculous.

There isn't one thing here that anybody can disagree with.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where I am. Nice to get my Sunday afternoons back so early in the season but this team isn't built to overcome adversity, or, you know, score points against NFL level competition. We'll still have a couple highpoints, maybe beat Miami or something, but i told myself a long time ago, if the product is boring Jauron like football, there is zero reason to watch. It's the season for fall colors, hiking, apple picking, seriously, why waste more time watching run run pass punt? Having said that, i'm not sure I have any faith that the new regime will spend their 379 draft picks wisely, but i guess tune in again this time next year to see!

You stick with them so when they actually do start kicking butts and taking names you can say you were there when the dynastic turnaround began ... AND NOT BE LYING.

This is where I am. Nice to get my Sunday afternoons back so early in the season but this team isn't built to overcome adversity, or, you know, score points against NFL level competition. We'll still have a couple highpoints, maybe beat Miami or something, but i told myself a long time ago, if the product is boring Jauron like football, there is zero reason to watch. It's the season for fall colors, hiking, apple picking, seriously, why waste more time watching run run pass punt? Having said that, i'm not sure I have any faith that the new regime will spend their 379 draft picks wisely, but i guess tune in again this time next year to see!

So we see one game where the team gains 400+ yards on offense and probably could have put 30+ points on the board if not for a couple bad bounces and one game where our offense was pitiful but our D was fantastic and you think the season's over?

Pump the brakes people.

It's a long NFL season and the narrative changes every single week.

@SalSports

Broncos officially list LT Garett Bolles as QUESTIONABLE for game at Bills Sunday. Reserve CB Brendan Langley is OUT

DKWS7pMXkAAzMrr.jpg

@SalSports

The Broncos are traveling to Buffalo today (as opposed to normal Saturday travel). Will practice in the area tomorrow ahead of Sunday's game

Another underestimated factor here is that the Broncos/Cowboys game last week was a 5+ hour game because of the weather delay.

I just think there are a lot of factors at play here for Denver that are, at the very least, going to make this a MUCH closer game than most expect.

If you suspect that, I wouldn't bet on Peterman doing any better.

oh I don't. Just don't think anyone can survive behind that line right now.

Hasn't Dawkins played well at LT when he's been in?

he has but he's still got some issues with his slide step for pass protection. He stands up to tall and rushers get under him and drive him back.

At least that's the review on him I saw from cover1 or rumbling.

Edited by The Wiz

oh I don't. Just don't think anyone can survive behind that line right now.

Dawkins will be okay I suspect in lieu of a hobbled Glenn. Nothing much will matter if they can't establish the run game because I can't see much success for the BUF WR group against the excellent trio of DEN CBs.

If they played flawlessly - yes I think it makes the win look very easy. Bills would look dominant and would be dominant. (of course assuming the defense shows up).

Even with these receivers and even with the seemingly lackluster passer Tyrod at QB - yes I still think they would make it look easy.

Or I could be batcrap crazy and totally wrong. :D

I can agree with the latter....

I don't think we have much of a chance in this game even if Glenn and Dareus were playing but at least we aren't sticking hobbled guys out there.

For what few Dareus supporters left, now they can use this latest lingering injury as an excuse as to why he ends up doing pretty much nothing this year once again.

As for Glenn might as well sit him a few weeks and see if he can get healthy but I suspect it's only a matter of time before he is sent to IR.

If Glenn is out for an extended amount of time (rest of season?) and Dawkins does well I wouldn't be surprised if Dawkins stays at LT and they move Glenn to RT or even guard.

Dareus will be here at least through 2018. I don't think they will give up on him. They could easily rationalize that his underachieving in '17 is due to injury and coupled with the onerous cap hit if they release him try to see if he can turn it around next year.

Even if they land the QB of the future next year that will not transform them into a playoff team in '18. If they finish with a poor enough record and don't have to trade much/any of their draft capital they could restock big time, but if they end up picking 8-10 they will have to spend a good deal of it to move up and take the QB.

Stadium will be more than half empty by end of 3rd

What do you mean? We arent that bad. We beat the Jets didnt we. And everybody knows the Jets are the greatest. And if you dont think the Jets are the greatest then you clearly have an agenda. So if we beat the greatest then that means we are greater than the greatest and the Broncos have zero chance in this game.

Billsmovinup: I have loved my Bill's since 1965. I don't go back the second time. You keep buying $7 pizza? Drink water. Beer before and after. Your big and fat you guess?? Give everything to the church- you will feel better. Eat a Snickers.

You couldnt have possibly missed the point any more than you did. Not even in the same universe.

I feel the loser mentality comes from the Kool Aid drinker types who are "positive". They aren't nearly as frustrated as the perfectionist winners who B word about the team and who are not used to tolerating failure in their personal lives.

The more failure you accept as "no big deal" on a personal level, the easier it is to "just have fun" with the Bills despite their lousy history.

Or you could just be a casual fan of course...someone who doesn't particularly give a crap one way or the other. Most of those types tend to be "positive" as well.

😆

You talk about the Bills as if they're your underachieving middle child.

Good thing we have true perfectionist fans like you..,

Just enjoy the ride, dude. And stop spending money on the Bills, since its obviously such a burden.

Dawkins will be okay I suspect in lieu of a hobbled Glenn. Nothing much will matter if they can't establish the run game because I can't see much success for the BUF WR group against the excellent trio of DEN CBs.

I think he will be alright also but still think they are going to stack the box and take shady it if the game like Carolina did.

Not gonna fault him for having 8 guys coming in on every play.

Edited by The Wiz