Week 3: Broncos' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very simple to me. Against Denver they need to hit some passing plays early. If the can get those down the field it will open up everything they want to do. Stretch left stretch right third and 7 plus will not work again. The analytics are there to implement first down PA and they could be very effective. A littlle pistol formation would help imo as well. Seems like every coach wants to go ball control with Taylor. Hes got arm and ability to make big plays. They need to give him the ability to do so.

I made an account just so I could get a few things off my chest. I don't get why everyone is so concerned right now with Tyrod when we can't even protect him. The guy was sacked 3 times and rushed 8 times on what 25 pass attempts last game? Mills literally gets destroyed by any DE he is matched up against giving Tyrod no time to throw and usually feels the pressure and has to scramble, how about we worry about pass protection because it's a joke. Also I know we have solid run offense by why when passing is a question mark do we run so much? We need questions answered on passing, I have faith in Tyrod but we need more pass attempts per game and not just in the final drive. Why don't we go out and throw 3 downs in a row, take shots down field looking for pass interference calls, we know we can run, defenses stack the box on us, let's go out and throw 3 downs in a row, make some defenses respect the pass and open up more holes for McCoy that way. Mills will need help on his side but let's throw the ball and answer some damn questions. The last drive when Tyrod had to throw the ball we actually moved down field, an arguable pass interference, and a 35 yard toss that was off the hands of Jones, with some nice accurate completions, it was a nice drive, open up the playbook boys lets air it out and at the minimum have questions answered at the qb position. End rant.

@TheBillsWire

Bills' pass rush needs to exploit weak Broncos OL for Week 3 victory

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/21/bills-broncos-shaq-lawson-melelik-watson-nfl-week-3/

@JoeBuscaglia

Marcell Dareus in jeopardy of not playing Sunday? That and more in my 5 takeaways from #Bills practice today: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-5-takeaways-from-buffalo-bills-practice-9_20_17-

@JoeBuscaglia

Joe Buscaglia Retweeted Joe Buscaglia

Practice is about to begin for the #Bills. To get up to speed... here are the full practice notes from Wednesday:

ERIC WOOD: "SUSTAIN DRIVES" (4:44)

Bills Center Eric Wood addressed the media inside the locker room topics include; moving the ball on the ground, winning one on one battles, and facing the tough Denver Broncos defense.

JORDAN MATTHEWS: "CONTINUE TO GROW" (4:34)

Bills Wide Receiver Jordan Matthews addressed the media in the locker room topics include; the passing attack, chemistry with Quarterback Tyrod Taylor, and facing another tough defense.

@ChrisBrownBills

Marcell Dareus (ankle) will not be participating in practice here again on Thursday. #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

Cordy Glenn has returned to practice today #Bills

Dareus still has that protective brace on his right ankle #Bills

Shaq Lawson has also returned to practice today. Sat out Wednesday with a nerve contusion. #Bills

@JonScottTV

Marcell Dareus not practicing again today. LeSean McCoy and Lorenzo Alexander back after rest day. #Bills

@mikerodak

First Jerel Worthy sighting in 3 weeks: Bills DL is walking out to practice, not in pads, on Thursday.

@SalSports

As media was walking in from practice field, Jerel Worthy was walking out. Gave me a "you good?" and thumbs up when I responded. Good sign.

I think as well Bronco's have a great run game as well

Two words.

Mike McCoy! created a scheme fit's players. I think pretty much lot of same talent and doing much better then Dennison year before.

You have just nailed why the Bills O sucks and will suck until Rico is replaced. Sunday night would be fine with me.

A key rule for anyone in management is that, once a problem is identified, the quicker steps are taken to fix it, the better. Dennison is Rex reborn, stubbornly wedded to his approach even if it doesn't fit the personnel and even if it isn't working. So will McD do what's clear he must do to fix this? If he doesn't, if he lets this go on for 14 more weeks, I have to question his ability to be a HC.

After the second game of Rex's 1st season here, I called for his firing. The general response here was that I was out of my head. But the problems that would eventually cost him his job were already clear, it just took 2 years for the FO to gather up the courage to do what could have been done much sooner. The Bills essentially wasted 2 years because of Ryan's ineptitude and I think they're on the verge of doing it again.

This game feels a little bit like Arizona last year. No one gave us a shot and we rolled them at home. Not saying we'll do that again here, but don't underestimate the home field advantage and a team on the road for the first time this season. It will be closer than people think and we can and may win.

I don't agree because the Cardinals didn't look that great coming into Buffalo despite being pegged as a SB contender. They also went on to have bad year.

Broncos have been dominant in all three phases of the game so far and have been near unbeatable in Sep/Oct the last 3 years even when they've cooled off down the stretch like last season.

I made an account just so I could get a few things off my chest. I don't get why everyone is so concerned right now with Tyrod when we can't even protect him. The guy was sacked 3 times and rushed 8 times on what 25 pass attempts last game? Mills literally gets destroyed by any DE he is matched up against giving Tyrod no time to throw and usually feels the pressure and has to scramble, how about we worry about pass protection because it's a joke. Also I know we have solid run offense by why when passing is a question mark do we run so much? We need questions answered on passing, I have faith in Tyrod but we need more pass attempts per game and not just in the final drive. Why don't we go out and throw 3 downs in a row, take shots down field looking for pass interference calls, we know we can run, defenses stack the box on us, let's go out and throw 3 downs in a row, make some defenses respect the pass and open up more holes for McCoy that way. Mills will need help on his side but let's throw the ball and answer some damn questions. The last drive when Tyrod had to throw the ball we actually moved down field, an arguable pass interference, and a 35 yard toss that was off the hands of Jones, with some nice accurate completions, it was a nice drive, open up the playbook boys lets air it out and at the minimum have questions answered at the qb position. End rant.

Great first post! You should join the discussions more often. This is exactly how I see it too. People want to give up on the whole offense because Tyrod leaves a few plays on the field. In my opinion as many plays as he leaves on the field, he makes an equal number of plays that almost no other QB could make. And the rest of time he's a pretty average passer. That's a QB you can win with, especially if the defense is as good as it looks. But we can't be so conservative. I think the average OC sees that they have Shady McCoy and Tyrod Taylor and decide they need to play a conservative run-first offense. Against defenses/front 7s like Carolina we can't operate like that. That last drive was a sign of what our offense could be if we opened it up a little. I'd like to see us build on that because we know we can look that good when we're passing the ball and the defense knows it. We CAN'T look good when we run the ball and the defense knows it.

Nice first post. I agree 100%. Tyrod is very effective in favorable down and distance situations; much less so when the defense knows he has to pass. It's why the first down runs don't make much sense.

Nice first post. I agree 100%. Tyrod is very effective in favorable down and distance situations; much less so when the defense knows he has to pass. It's why the first down runs don't make much sense.

What was the percentage of first down runs this past week?

Did we run it 50%? 70%? 20%? Do you know?