Who is our wildcard competition this year?

HappyDays

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire AFC West outside of San Diego.

Other than that, too early to really tell who else.

Was about to say we could maybe win the division until Brady just threw that TD pass to Cooks.

This game was a must-win, I am assuming Chiefs and Raiders both make it. But now we have the advantage over the Broncos.

little early for this dont ya think?

OP started this thread last week. Kudos for the foresight because today was a big win in terms of the wild card battle should it come down to it. We are so used to the Bills losing these big in conference games. Think Oakland and Pittsburgh last year. Kansas City the last couple times we have played them.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m bumping this thread after a week that couldn’t have gone much better. Only downside is Miami winning but if we can’t beat them we have no business in the playoffs anyways.

If we assume the Chiefs and Broncos are both in, that leaves:

AFC North:

Steelers 4-2

Ravens 3-3

Bengals 2-3

South:

Texans 3-3

Jaguars 3-3

West:

Raiders 2-4

Bills need to keep winning the games they should and we have the fast track to a wildcard spot. That’s assuming we can’t catch up to the Pats and Denver’s tough remaining schedule doesn’t wear them down.

Right now. The Bills are the 5th seed.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Can TT deliver and keep them their? Before the BYE they were the #2 seed.

Had he not gotten 6 sacks against Cincy and produced better .... The Bills would still be the #2 seed and tied for 1st in the AFCE.

we need to win our next two to start feeling secure in my opinion.

Agreed. If we take care of business gaianstg he Bucs and Oakland we are on our way. I know Oakland has dropped a few here but that's going to be a tough game.

I hope Winston is out so Fitz can put up 300 plus in yards against us but still throw the int at the end of the game to Hyde.

Looking around the AFC we are still in pretty good shape. A close NFC loss means nothing in the grand scheme of things. You have the Chiefs/Raiders winning the West and taking the 1st wildcard spot, Steelers winning the North, Pats winning the East, and who-gives-a-crap winning the South.

So what about the 2nd wildcard? think competition for that 2nd spot is between the Broncos and the Ravens. Hard to tell who the Ravens are right now because they've only played the Bengals and Browns. Next week is a must-win IMO. Hard to find a scenario where the Bills lose at home to Denver and still end up in the playoffs. But if we win next week we are EASILY in the hunt. And honestly that was probably true whether we won today or not.

Tough loss today but go Bills.

Raiders aren't winning anything this year...Carr looks like a dumpster fire right now...Amari Cooper is playing Waldo in "Where's Waldo".

Right now. The Bills are the 5th seed.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Can TT deliver and keep them their? Before the BYE they were the #2 seed.

Had he not gotten 6 sacks against Cincy and produced better .... The Bills would still be the #2 seed and tied for 1st in the AFCE.

Bills would be in 1st place right now (I believe) had they won last week. And yeah, Taylor didn't play well, but why put the loss on him only? The offensive line was offensive, and the WRs are poor. And poor officiating effected the final score as much as the plays left on the field did.

Bills would be in 1st place right now (I believe) had they won last week. And yeah, Taylor didn't play well, but why put the loss on him only? The offensive line was offensive, and the WRs are poor. And poor officiating effected the final score as much as the plays left on the field did.

I believe that would be correct based on the seeding from before the BYE.