Peterman wins the game by the game by 10.

PinOak

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://twitter.com/Cover_1_/status/909614498998362112

I agree with Erik's analysis here. Gotta get the ball out on the quick crosser.

That was the play that even on the broadcast you could see Clay was open and TT never left his first read until it is to late.

There were others like this with McCoy slipping out into the middle of the field.

I think Cordy Glenn is banged up, Charles Clay looks extremely slow, and our wide receivers are among the worst in the league.

The Bills offense is among the worst in the league. We're going to struggle immensely due our lack of talent at the WR position and the fact that we're going to face 8 and 9 man fronts for the duration of the season because we have zero speed or play making ability on the outside.

You're not understanding. We had a lack of talent at WR last season and still led the league in rushing. Glenn is struggling but I don't think one lineman is the difference between a top half offense and one of "the worst in the league."

If the offense is one of the worst in the league then Dennison should be fired and/or Taylor should be replaced.

I tend to agree. He at least gets the ball out on time. There is some semblance of timing to the offense with Peterman slinging it.

I can't remember one time Tyrod hit his back foot and let the ball go yesterday. He was awful. A D+ effort at QB wins us the game yesterday, unfortunately Tyrod went out and laid out a big fat F. But that's what he is.....one of the worst passing QB's.

McDermott had a pretty bad game too, which was probably more disappointing since he's going to be here long after Tyrod is gone.

Edited by Estro

I am not a big TT fan, but I don't see TT as the real problem this game. Even Shady's stats were crap today. Got to wonder if the O-Line just is THAT bad when you can't effectively run, or pass, for over a whole half of football. And our D was great in the game. Reminds me of a few years back in TT's first year.

You're not understanding. We had a lack of talent at WR last season and still led the league in rushing. Glenn is struggling but I don't think one lineman is the difference between a top half offense and one of "the worst in the league."

If the offense is one of the worst in the league then Dennison should be fired and/or Taylor should be replaced.

No, I get it.

The Bills had receivers with speed last year who actually commanded safety attention. This year they don't. The result is relentless 8 and 9 man fronts who are keyed on stopping the run and forcing us to pass, and the results are going to be atrocious.

I've said for a while that I don't think the Bills will score 20 points a game this year. After watching the first two weeks, that number might have been high. We might be looking at something closer to 17 or 18 points per game which would likely result in 12 or more losses.

Our offensive talent is nowhere close to good enough. Just take away McCoy and make the other 10 guys beat you.

Edited by jrober38

I agree that NP would have given them a better chance to win. But I think the margin for loss would have also been higher. TT is less likely to turn the ball over, but also less likely to sustain drives. I could see NP leading the offense to 10-13 points but I could also see him having a pick somewhere in there, so who knows. But I do feel he is a better QB option against defenses like Carolina. TT doesn't process things that quickly, nor does he try to stick throws in tight windows and when the pressure is getting there fast, that is what you need. I think NP, even as a rookie is pretty far ahead of Tyrod in that regard. There were a lot small plays (like the one in the Cover 1 tweet) left out on the field. Those are the type of plays NP makes routinely. Tyrod locks on for too long, then has to take a sack, scramble or check it down.

absolute nonsense, he doesn't help us run the ball better and likely turns it over. Nothing is saving the team this year, time to tank.

I am not saying it would have been better with Peterman but a threat of a QB throwing would have loosened up the run. We ran every first down throughout the whole first half and you can plan for that. They got too regimented and that hurt, maybe it was because the QB couldn't complete a pass

I am not saying it would have been better with Peterman but a threat of a QB throwing would have loosened up the run. We ran every first down throughout the whole first half and you can plan for that. They got too regimented and that hurt, maybe it was because the QB couldn't complete a pass

Nothing about Peterman' preseason suggests he would have done any better yesterday. Odds are he'd have turned the ball over a few times and we'd have been blown out. That's what you get from unprepared rookie QBs.

Show me the proof this one is on TT. And please don't point to one throw. How about the putrid offensive scheme or the numerous breakdowns in protection. Or the fact that we didn't move the ball on the ground for ****. Even Shady, in all his glory, was not a factor. But this one is on TT. Some fans have chosen a scape goat. And that's okay, I get it, I'm mad too. But don't put the game on TT. He did exactly what he was asked to do.

McCoy was not a factor because Carolina knew we couldn't throw consistently and stacked the box. Taylor was doing what he CAN do not what was asked of him. The lack of a passing threat at QB got you what happened yesterday. I find it hard to believe it wasn't obvious by the end of the first quarter what Carolina was going to do on D and yet the Bills kept trying to run. The key missing piece is competent QB talent.

I agree that NP would have given them a better chance to win. But I think the margin for loss would have also been higher. TT is less likely to turn the ball over, but also less likely to sustain drives. I could see NP leading the offense to 10-13 points but I could also see him having a pick somewhere in there, so who knows. But I do feel he is a better QB option against defenses like Carolina. TT doesn't process things that quickly, nor does he try to stick throws in tight windows and when the pressure is getting there fast, that is what you need. I think NP, even as a rookie is pretty far ahead of Tyrod in that regard. There were a lot small plays (like the one in the Cover 1 tweet) left out on the field. Those are the type of plays NP makes routinely. Tyrod locks on for too long, then has to take a sack, scramble or check it down.

Thats also how I see it. Assuming D opened up his playbook for NP, there would be a greater risk/reward profile. Exactly how much more risk or reward? Hard to say.

Where are people coming up with this narrative that Nathan Peterman will open up the passing game?

Did anyone actually watch him play in preseason? 54.4% completions, 5.7 YPA, QB Rating of 75.... against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Edited by jrober38

Where are people coming up with this narrative that Nathan Peterman will open up the passing game?

Did anyone actually watch him play in preseason? 54.4% completions, 5.7 YPA, QB Rating of 75.... against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Those are his stats. But if you actually watched him play you'd understand why people are hopeful about him. He trusts what he sees and isn't afraid to pull the trigger.

I don't think he's ready to replace Tyrod yet but I also don't think the difference between the two is that wide.

Those are his stats. But if you actually watched him play you'd understand why people are hopeful about him. He trusts what he sees and isn't afraid to pull the trigger.

I don't think he's ready to replace Tyrod yet but I also don't think the difference between the two is that wide.

I think it's still pretty wide.

Taylor takes care of the ball and has proven he can make plays in the passing game from time to time. He can avoid pressure and move the ball with his legs when his protection breaks down.

Peterman is a complete unknown. He was an okay college player who had a mediocre preseason. He looked okay in some respects, but this notion that he'd improve our pass game when we have pass protection issues and no one to throw the ball to seems far fetched at best.

My guess is that the production would have been identical with turnovers mixed in. He'd have been a sitting duck in the pocket and despite his willingness to get the ball out faster, without any open targets he'd either have been taking sacks or forcing the ball into coverage.

The Bills passing game is simply outmatched vs an average NFL defense. We don't have enough talent.

Edited by jrober38

Agree you have to look beyond the #s. He was also for the most part playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers. While the numbers don't shine he not only made quick decisions and had better chemistry with his WRs (esp Zay) but he also made some throws that Tyrod does not. Mind you I dont disagree with the decision to not start him against that Panthers front.