Peterman wins the game by the game by 10.

PinOak

Yup. Peterman, on the road...against the Panthers defense, without a running game, in his first ever NFL game, without much of an o line blocking for him would have absolutely lit it up. Appearently we have a new legend of Kiko type player...

Peterman is fully Bill Brasky-esque! :beer:

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yup. Peterman, on the road...against the Panthers defense, without a running game, in his first ever NFL game, without much of an o line blocking for him would have absolutely lit it up. Appearently we have a new legend of Kiko type player...

it would have been hard to do worse then the guy who actually played so..maybe it's not a terrible idea to try.

Show me the proof this one is on TT. And please don't point to one throw. How about the putrid offensive scheme or the numerous breakdowns in protection. Or the fact that we didn't move the ball on the ground for ****. Even Shady, in all his glory, was not a factor. But this one is on TT. Some fans have chosen a scape goat. And that's okay, I get it, I'm mad too. But don't put the game on TT. He did exactly what he was asked to do.

So, basically you're saying everything has to work for Taylor to be successful. Great run game, great pass protection, wide open receivers, perfect game plan, and shut down defense. Got it.

Or, maybe, here's a wild idea....a QB that can keep defenses honest, hit receivers in tight windows, make quick reads and quick decisions, and hit receivers in stride, maybe that would work too.

I don't know. That's just what I see.

Like I said, I like TT, but he's just not a very good passer for the NFL game.

Edited by dubs

So, basically you're saying everything has to work for Taylor to be successful. Great run game, great pass protection, wide open receivers, perfect game plan, and shut down defense. Got it.

No, basically I'm saying that he did exactly what he was expected to do. He got zero help. Although the modern NFL offense is all about the QB, no great QB is successful without competent help. I.e. Andy Luck.

But ignore the obvious. Ignore that we had zero run game. Ignore the fact that we didn't throw the ball past 15 yards down field. Pin point your criticism and see what you want. Base your opinion on who is blame to the loss on one play, in which the receiver ran a poor route. Yep, everything has to work.

Peterman gets the ball out about as quickly as a QB can.........but man can he kill a drive FAST.

That was the issue in preseason. Quick throws and high completion % would be good........but his 50% completion rate was putrid.

Tyrod holds the ball but in the process he makes big plays........I believe he was 8 for 9 passing on the run against NYJ and of course he makes big plays running with the football and extends drives........and USUALLY scores a lot of points.

Or, maybe, here's a wild idea....a QB that can keep defenses honest, hit receivers in tight windows, make quick reads and quick decisions, and hit receivers in stride, maybe that would work too.

I don't know. That's just what I see.

Like I said, I like TT, but he's just not a very good passer for the NFL game.

So what your saying is that an elite (or top tier) QB would be an upgrade for this offence. I think every team is looking for that, but there are only so many to go around and not easy to obtain.

But like you said, TT is not a great passer, its why they are a run heavy offence and if it doesn't work your not going to win many games or score alot of points.

The Bills played a really good defence today and it made their offence look even worse then it normally would. Alot of the blame can be put on the QB for not being better or getting things going, but its not like he had help from the rest of the offence who were just as bad. The o-line stunk, WRs dropped balls, the RBs couldn't get anywhere. They were shut down by a good defence, lets not make this out to be like this was last week and the Jets did this to them

How would you like to be a Seahawks fan right now watching them in a tie against the 49ers scoring only 6 points so far?

No, basically I'm saying that he did exactly what he was expected to do. He got zero help. Although the modern NFL offense is all about the QB, no great QB is successful without competent help. I.e. Andy Luck.

But ignore the obvious. Ignore that we had zero run game. Ignore the fact that we didn't throw the ball past 15 yards down field. Pin point your criticism and see what you want. Base your opinion on who is blame to the loss on one play, in which the receiver ran a poor route. Yep, everything has to work.

I mean, I completely disagree with you. Don't you think that perhaps Carolina wasn't worried about TT so they focused on the run? And the fact that TT didn't look beyond 10 yards is his fault! You're honestly saying receivers were not running routes past 15 yards?

Come on. Also and Plus, Luck has been extremely successful from a passing standpoint despite the fact the Colts are a gross team and have zero running game. If we just switched Luck for Taylor this team would be a 10 win team, easy.

I mean, I completely disagree with you. Don't you think that perhaps Carolina wasn't worried about TT so they focused on the run? And the fact that TT didn't look beyond 10 yards is his fault! You're honestly saying receivers were not running routes past 15 yards?

Come on. Also and Plus, Luck has been extremely successful from a passing standpoint despite the fact the Colts are a gross team and have zero running game. If we just switched Luck for Taylor this team would be a 10 win team, easy.

Who would he be throwing to? Jordan Matthews? I respectfully disagree and will await the all 22 to see what options he had down field. If he missed the deep routes, I will gladly eat crow. But it appeared to me he was in run the ball/manager mode.