Hall Of Fame - Most deserving/Most likely

BuffAlone

A lot of fans conflate and confuse TO's off the field antics, Diva personality, and even after the play antics in the stadium. Most guys like that didn't try every play to the whistle like TO did, didnt block his ass off like TO did, etc. On the field, during the play, TO was amazing and a great teammate.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

T O...no brainer..

Tasker deserving as arguably best STer of all time.-All depends on ones view of STs importance.

Other guys mentioned great players but not great enough.

Biscuit had the talent to be one of the best of all time...But he didnt have the drive/work ethic.-He was flashing Lawrence taylor-like talent his rookie year.

Edited by Tcali

A lot of fans conflate and confuse TO's off the field antics, Diva personality, and even after the play antics in the stadium. Most guys like that didn't try every play to the whistle like TO did, didnt block his ass off like TO did, etc. On the field, during the play, TO was amazing and a great teammate.

Couldn't agree more. And his year in Buffalo was purely positive, IMO.

The fact that people like Joe Namath and Terrell Davis (average stats at best) are in the HOF and T.O. is still waiting is a crime.

Chuck Knox should eventually get in. Great coach. Though his playoff winning percentage of .389 is probably what hurts his case.

I agree. Don Coryell didn't make it (yet) but he has a lot of support out there. There couldn't be 2 more different offensive philosophies among the "near-great" coaches, but both were very successful over a long time frame. It would be nice to see them go in together.

Tasked will get in eventually. I think it is one of the reasons he is doing TV. The HOF is political to a point. Yes a player has to have the numbers, but they also need to be someone the voters can relate to another player being in already. That's one of Taskers big obstacles. Tasker is trying to overcome it by being visible as a TV analyst.

I thought that knock on the Bills D during the SB years was being soft. Bruce is arguably one of the best defensive players ever. It made the job of everyone else much, much easier. I just remember hearing the Biscuit could have been a much more dominant player if he cared more. I could be wrong.

And I don't know if the rest of NFL values STs enough. It's a third of the game but then that might open a Pandora's box about other ST guys over the years. Like Matthew Slater is a great ST. Should he be in the HOF?

That said, for Tasker do what he did in the NFL is amazing. When you meet him, he is the poster child of dad bod and most ordinary looking man.

You were misinformed. Bennett was well on his way to the HOF during his Bills years. No OLB in the League -including Derek Thomas- was quicker or faster than Biscuit and always brought 'the Boom!' Nobody could track down a RB sweeping right from the LOLB position and tackle the guy BEHIND the LOS! When Conlan went down with a knee injury, Biscuit moved to MLB where he took a real beating all year enroute to a deserved Pro Bowl spot. I was as sure he would make the Hall as I was Kelly & Bruce. We routinely had nationally televised games so the Country was recognizing him too. But, IMO, he fell off the national radar when he bolted to Atlanta and finally the Colts. He still made Pro Bowls and a 5th SB w/ the Dirty Birds, but the spotlight wasn't on him nearly as much.

He & Tasker are the lone remaining Bills of that era i was sure would be enshrined that haven't yet. Honorable Mention to Kent Hull -who unfortunately didn't have enough Pro Bowl invites to warrant serious consideration.

Brown went to nine Pro Bowls. I wonder how many guys went to that many but aren't in the Hall.

He needs a champion from the local media that has a HOF vote. I forget who that would be from here, but most likely they remember how overrated he was and especially the end of 2003.