ESPN *tried* to take Jemele Hill off the air...and failed.

dpberr

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why did it have to be an "african american" host to fill in? sounds pretty racist

Can you imagine the twitter firestorm if they got two white dudes to fill in?

Does anyone really watch anything on ESPN that isn't a live sporting event?

College Gameday is still pretty good.

So ESPN stands by somebody critical of Trump but fired Hank Williams for criticising Obama

word is that Disney ceo Bob Iger wants to eventually run for president and in the meantime is pushing his liberal agenda on all of his networks. my wife watches the View on abc and i just have to laugh because the show exists to empower women and to give them a voice but then they set women back 100 years with how stupid they sound. hearing how ignorant and uninmformed these ladies are makes me second guess whether we should still allow women to vote. Susan B Anthony is probably rolling over in her grave. i say that in jest because i know there are extremely intelligent women out there, much more so than myself, but they certainly do not exist on that show and if i was a femanist i would demand they cancel it immediately

I read an opinion piece in my local rag by the "sports editor" who often comments on a lot of things non-sporting. In my opinion, he's one of those I'm smarter than any of you kind of guys. He was ranting this morning because in his mind, ESPN tried to fire her for doing her job. What? Here's what I don't get, she is a supposed "sports journalist", stick to sports, why does everyone have to drag up politics? Would there be outrage if some "sports journalist" came out in support of white supremacists? Of course! Would they get fired? Of course! These "sports journalists" need to just stick to sports.

I read an opinion piece in my local rag by the "sports editor" who often comments on a lot of things non-sporting. In my opinion, he's one of those I'm smarter than any of you kind of guys. He was ranting this morning because in his mind, ESPN tried to fire her for doing her job. What? Here's what I don't get, she is a supposed "sports journalist", stick to sports, why does everyone have to drag up politics? Would there be outrage if some "sports journalist" came out in support of white supremacists? Of course! Would they get fired? Of course! These "sports journalists" need to just stick to sports.

100% agree. STICK TO SPORTS! people say that to sports reporters on twitter and they get mad but it's true. we come to you for our SPORTS. we don't care what your thoughts are on politics or social issues. we don't care about your family or personal life. we aren't your fans. you aren't a celebrity and you are easily replaceable. we just want our sports news so please give the customer what they want or they will move on to someone else who will