Bills Sign LB Jelani Jenkins and Release CB Greg Mabin

26CornerBlitz

@buffalobills

LB Jelani Jenkins has been signed. We have released two players and added one to the practice squad: http://bufbills.co/smOUY7

DJjG-giXkAEaczB.jpg

@SalSports

Bills also sign WR Malachi Dupre to the team's practice squad & released WR Daikiel Shorts.

@BuffaloBillsPR

New @buffalobills LB Jelani Jenkins has racked up 219 tackles since entering the @NFL in 2013. That and more about the Bills new LB:

DJjIc4QVAAI6N_u.jpg

Sweet , always liked Jenkins. Heard of Duprey so he must be good right?

Why not keep Mabin and release one of the thousands of DLs this team has. Seriously, dude worked his tail off in the preseason and showed flashes that he could be good. Instead, we release a healthy player and sign someone who is hurt. That doesn't make much sense to me.

I also feel McBeane is in my head. Literally, every player I like on the Bills they have gotten around to getting rid of recently, except McCoy.

McD believes in the lines above all.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills also sign WR Malachi Dupre to the team's practice squad & released WR Daikiel Shorts.

I like Shorts jmo

Dupre sounds good though. Was the top 2 WR's in the nation coming out of high school. 5 star recruit. There's talent there. Let's see what we can do with him

Our backup LB's may very well be better than the starters. The starters have been playing well though, I just think it's interesting that we have Jenkins and Hodges on the sidelines and we have 2 journeymen special teamers as starters

Hodges was cut.

Our backup LB's may very well be better than the starters. The starters have been playing well though, I just think it's interesting that we have Jenkins and Hodges on the sidelines and we have 2 journeymen special teamers as starters

I was gonna make a thread about this cuz i also questioned why we are like this at quite a few spots. I have a solid theory the preseason special teams penalties, and bad plays really made McDerm take special teams more seroously as a unit. Why the are starting, IDK but, i know why players loke banyard n Webb made the team over JWill and others.

He probably sat down with April, asked him what the problem was, April said something aming the lines of "these guys are gpod depth players but i need good SPECIAL TEAMS players to get this unit where it needs to be.

So he made surprising cuts and dresses better STers in gameday to strengthen STs, which goes with his philosophy of winning the game thru all 3 phases, offense, defense, AND special teams.

The End. All hail cyborg McFly.

Edited by Marty McFly

As my debate teacher taught me "Exaggeration is the first tool used by those mentally unprepared for a battle of wits."

Always attributed that reference to Churchill 'Never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.'

​"All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right, and who is dead...You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders---the most famous of which is 'never get involved in a land war in Asia'---but only slightly less well-known is this: 'Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!' Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..."

- Vizzini

I was gonna make a thread about this cuz i also questioned why we are like this at quite a few spots. I have a solid theory the preseason special teams penalties, and bad plays really made McDerm take special teams more seroously as a unit. Why the are starting, IDK but, i know why players loke banyard n Webb made the team over JWill and others.

He probably sat down with April, asked him what the problem was, April said something aming the lines of "these guys are gpod depth players but i need good SPECIAL TEAMS players to get this unit where it needs to be.

So he made surprising cuts and dresses better STers in gameday to strengthen STs, which goes with his philosophy of winning the game thru all 3 phases, offense, defense, AND special teams.

The End. All hail cyborg McFly.

I am pretty drunk (alright I'm hammered) but I coulda swore Bobby April hasn't been our special teams coach since '09?! You are referring to Danny Crossman, right??!!!!!

I am pretty drunk (alright I'm hammered) but I coulda swore Bobby April hasn't been our special teams coach since '09?! You are referring to Danny Crossman, right??!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

Yeah thats right. I fell out of a time warp. My deloreans on the fritz rite now, the timelines are getting convuluted. Mandela effect and bleh bleh blah.

I didn't make that point but how about the fact he was flying around the field, lead team in tackles and was at least average in coverage?

I guess I must have misread it then. I was just saying that bringing up his interception as a way of defending his coverage ability is a bit misleading.

He did play a very good game, but from what I saw and read his coverage skills were not his strength in that game.