Wired for Sound: Sean McDermott

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to go back and watch it...it looked like McDermott was the one who didn't slap Marcell's hand...if you go back and watch, it appears Marcell went to slap McDermott's hand but he had already pulled it away...hard to tell....

If you turn the volume up very loud you can hear a faint "Too Slow"

Definitely agree with this. He's encouraging players, yelling out screen while they're on D, giving instructions, and getting fired up when there's a big play.

In terms of the adversity, I wish they would have shown him during/after the interception.

I would have liked to have seen that too.

Love the enthusiasm and his approach.

Man, I thoroughly enjoyed watching that. I love his intensity, his enthusiasm, how he encouraged his players, how he gave his OC props after calling a good play. He definitely carries a sense of authority about him, like he just demands respect, but not like a control freak type of authority. I love how towards the end of the game you can tell he's starting to lose his voice a little bit from shouting the whole game...

Man I'm really starting to like McD. I'm getting the feeling we may have found something special in our HC guys...

*Please disregard entire post if we go to Carolina Sunday and get throttled.*

I'm a visiting Carolina fan and can tell you he was well respected by the players and fans here. He is his own man but I think one thing he can take from Rivera is how well he relates with players. Some coaches tend to "lose the locker room" when things get rocky but McD. can probably hold it together and overcome adversity better.

Was interested to see his sideline demeanor, and I gotta hand it to him. I like it. Good mix of cheering without being clownish about it. Lots of encouragement. So far, so good. Next thing to check will be how it goes when we arent winning or playing well. But for now, Go Bills.

Anyone else notice everyone slapped McDermott's hand, except Marcell?

They just missed each other. It was like he saw Marcel too late behind the other dude. Not much to read into here.

I'm a visiting Carolina fan and can tell you he was well respected by the players and fans here. He is his own man but I think one thing he can take from Rivera is how well he relates with players. Some coaches tend to "lose the locker room" when things get rocky but McD. can probably hold it together and overcome adversity better.

That's good to hear. I think it is a talent to be able to relate well with your players, but not to cross the line of being "their friend". Rex tried to be friends with the players, and the result was undisciplined, sloppy play, and no sense of accountability.

Again, seeing that video and listening to McDermott really impressed me. As another poster mentioned, I would've liked to hear him after the int to see how he dealt with his first sign of adversity.

Count me in the group who was excited and impressed with Sunday's win over the Jets. To me it absolutely felt different from years past, and I haven't been this hopeful for a season in a long while.

Go Bills!

Hows your defense without derm this year? You had McDermotts defense for a few years, what type of gameplans expose it.

"Finishing plays, good job, good job" and he gives Wood an encouraging smack on the head. That had to be after the INT and Wood realized the Jet was only knocked down by his own teammate and was still live.

Wood's entire play on that was great. It's in the highlight video on bb.com. There was a guy trying to block Wood and he knew he wasnt going to get to the runner, so he threw his blocker a good 5 yards into the runner and used his own teammate to knock him down! :lol:

edit: Found the play. Watch at about 30 seconds in...

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/New_York_Jets_vs_Buffalo_Bills_highlights_Week_1/55938468-52e2-46c3-a454-49233c26ffc8

Edited by DrDareustein

Wood's entire play on that was great. It's in the highlight video on bb.com. There was a guy trying to block Wood and he knew he wasnt going to get to the runner, so he threw his blocker a good 5 yards into the runner and used his own teammate to knock him down! :lol:

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/New_York_Jets_vs_Buffalo_Bills_highlights_Week_1/55938468-52e2-46c3-a454-49233c26ffc8

I totally missed that but heard Wood talk about it on WGR. He also mentioned how when they watched the film, you saw Mills and then Dareus get in #58's face after he hit Wood. He was happy to see guys rally around the late hit. Although I can kind of see why Lee went after Wood, it did look late but it was a good play by Wood.

There's an end zone shot of Tyrod's pick. If he had thrown the ball right after Clay's break, he could have had him, but he waited too long. Those are the throws I need to see Tyrod start making for me to believe he's more than a stop gap QB. I like a lot of what he does, he's just not quite good enough to where I don't need to see them continue to try and find an upgrade.

Ha, good call! That was great. "Here, have some teammate!"

That's awesome, I didn't see that was Wood when watching it live. His shove saved a Jets TD on that play..

Anyone else notice everyone slapped McDermott's hand, except Marcell?

Certainly did...watched it a couple times...they r definitely not comfortable with each other...probably because he's not a McD type of guy...I have no doubt they drop Marcel like a bad habit asap

Edited by JaCrispy