Does This Time Feel Different?

We have had head fakes before. Trentative and Fitz off to fast starts. JP deep balls.

This time feels different to me. We looked like an organized, professional football club. 50 yards in penalties? Rex teams could have that in one drive. It seems the guys want to play for each other - the early stirrings of a real "team" approach.

Time will tell, but it really feels to me like we are on the right track. I am sure there will be setbacks, but I like the direction we seem to be headed in. Team plays hard. Pretty amazing.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was just the Jets so overall not really. Need to see some more games play out. You did touch on some things I agree with though. The team seemed much more composed than it did under Rex. Other than Incognito still getting stupid holding calls, there werent any really bad penalties.

Also this team seemed to play more as a team instead of a couple individual stars. I think everyone contributed to this win. Thats a good thing.

Edited by Scott7975

Not meaning this to be a "passing game is pedestrian" thread. Certainly have seen those threads and we are not Air Coryell -- I get it. Focused here, however, on the team vibe and approach. Seems legit different to me, regardless of opponent. Past Bills teams are not above losing to bad teams or imploding when the ball bounces off Clay's hands. Focused effort. Organized. Not stupid. These are the most promising things to me. Roster may take some time.

It was just the Jets so overall not really. Need to see some more games play out. You did touch on some things I agree with though. The team seemed much more composed than it did under Rex. Other than Incognito still getting stupid holding calls, there werent any really bad penalties.

Also this team seemed to play more as a team instead of a couple individual stars. I think everyone contributed to this win. Thats a good thing.

Took the words out of my mouth.

Not to dismiss what you are saying but Tyrod was the 8th highest rated QB this week. There are 12 playoff teams. Carry on though....

His numbers looked decent but to sit there and watch that performance and think yeah Tyrod can lead this team to the playoffs.. I don't see it

It is early.. just one game but he still looks like the jittery timid passer hes always looked like.

Edited by PABillsfan23

I don't even know what that means. I am not jumping up and down. I understand the Bills fan instinct is to see the glass half empty. And for good reason. But does it not seem we are on the right track?

A little early to draw that conclusion. The best thing I saw yesterday was that the D was set before the snap and you didn't have guys running all around looking at the sideline to figure out what to do. A refreshing change from Rex.

We will beat the Panthers. Heard it here first. I think Cam will make some big mistakes and our offense will do enough. Perhaps then there will be a shred of optimism.

I also believe we can beat the Panthers.

A little early to draw that conclusion. The best thing I saw yesterday was that the D was set before the snap and you didn't have guys running all around looking at the sideline to figure out what to do. A refreshing change from Rex.

and they could tackle!