Watching New England lose in New England fans territory!!

Wednesday 4:30pm I was called to go work in Lake Placid. Watched the game at Smoke Signals BBQ, the most popular bar in town, in a sea of Pats fans openly cheering for KC. When I stated I was a Bills fan I was thanked for MG and Hogan. Most said it has been so long since we have been relevant they feel sorry for us and hope we make the playoffs soon. Every single NE fan there completely gave up on that game when KC went up by 8 with just under 10 minutes left! It was not just feeling the D could not stop them without Hightower either :)! Was a great feeling, hope it is a sign of times to come.

Edited by Sandy McFiddish

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not what I'd expect from that fan base. Down 8 with 10 minutes left and they gave up on the almighty Brady and Belichick?

Can't believe that's representative of the core fan base who I'd expect to be just the opposite with a sense of "winning" entitlement and expectation.

Either way, eff em, lets start the season with a win in Sunday!

Go Bills!

And then what happened?

They all left the bar right after KC made it 35-28 and I walked down the street and took some touristish pics including me wearing a 1980 USA Hockey sweatshirt in front of Mike Eruzione's game winning jersey, walked back to the Marriot, took final pic I needed for work of the server room and tossed the old server in the box. Nothing overly exciting I was so tired.

Not what I'd expect from that fan base. Down 8 with 10 minutes left and they gave up on the almighty Brady and Belichick?

Can't believe that's representative of the core fan base who I'd expect to be just the opposite with a sense of "winning" entitlement and expectation.

Go Bills!

That is what I thought too, I would not give up if there was 30 seconds left if it was the Kelly days. They were so obnoxious and loud during the pre game ceremony

Wednesday 4:30pm I was called to go work in Lake Placid. Watched the game at Smoke Signals BBQ, the most popular bar in town, in a sea of Pats fans openly cheering for KC. When I stated I was a Bills fan I was thanked for MG and Hogan. Most said it has been so long since we have been relevant they feel sorry for us and hope we make the playoffs soon. Every single NE fan there completely gave up on that game when KC went up by 8 with just under 10 minutes left! It was not just feeling the D could not stop them without Hightower either :)! Was a great feeling, hope it is a sign of times to come.

I would of bragged about shutting them out last year before promptly breaking down to tears of jealousy.

That is what I thought too, I would not give up if there was 30 seconds left if it was the Kelly days. They were so obnoxious and loud during the pre game ceremony

Cool that you saw casual Pats fans in misery, I'd like that too.

But give me the pain of the hard core fan, as Bills fans we deserve that.

I have a college friend from the Boston area who is a hard core Pats fan. I give him credit for two things: he was on Brady's greatness early and he has fueled my hatred (jealousy?) of Brady/Pats ever since.

I remember calling/torturing him from a vacation in Steamboat Springs after the first SB loss to Eli. I was brutal to him, it was enjoyable.

In fairness he has not been a d*ck to me about the Bills because all he cares about is Brady/Pats.

So maybe I'm the d*ck here. Oh well.

Go Bills!

They all left the bar right after KC made it 35-28 and I walked down the street and took some touristish pics including me wearing a 1980 USA Hockey sweatshirt in front of Mike Eruzione's game winning jersey, walked back to the Marriot, took final pic I needed for work of the server room and tossed the old server in the box. Nothing overly exciting I was so tired.

Nice.

I love Lake Placid. I have two high-peaks under my belt and I want all 46 someday!

I would rather focus on what our team will do on this Sunday. We take care of business on our side, we will be there at the end of the road. Let us cherish the Journey called the 2017 Season of the Buffalo Bills !!!

Nice.

I love Lake Placid. I have two high-peaks under my belt and I want all 46 someday!

Every lake and mountain was so beautiful there. I feel lazy when I go there, most people are just as fluent in French as English there and I barely know more than Eiffel Tower lol.

I would rather focus on what our team will do on this Sunday. We take care of business on our side, we will be there at the end of the road. Let us cherish the Journey called the 2017 Season of the Buffalo Bills !!!

I hear that :)!

Go Bills!

When you think about it "No Days Off" doesn't mean they can't give up early 🤔

Brady was 16 of 36. Watched the game with a Pats fan who threatened to kick me out at end of 3rd qtr. He was practically in tears and then said he is not really a fan at the end. Hilarious. The despairing look on the fans faces when they were only down by a point was priceless.

Edited by Turk71