DT Ahtyba Rubin visiting

YoloinOhio

So long as it's not in anticipation of Kyle Williams' retirement.

Kyle Williams retiring would be bittersweet. He's my favorite active Bill and I'd like to see him play for as long as possible. But after the moves of the last few weeks this team is at least 3 years minimum away from competing for anything and it's unlikely Kyle will still be playing at that point, so the cap space today is probably more valuable to the team moving forward than KW this year.

That said, I think Kyle has committed to this season and don't see him retiring until at least next year.

Read it again. "Visited." Past tense. In that he already visited. And the Bills signed Thornton instead.

Free agent DT Ahtyba Rubin visited the Bills this week.
On his last legs at 31 years old, Rubin likely wants to join a contender after being released by the Seahawks following the Sheldon Richardson acquisition. The Bills don't qualify as that. Rubin will likely try to find another team.
Sep 6 - 3:41 PM

On his last legs at 31 years old, Rubin likely wants to join a contender after being released by the Seahawks following the Sheldon Richardson acquisition. The Bills don't qualify as that. Rubin will likely try to find another team.

Every time I read a quote like this it makes me hope the impossible happens and the Bills go on a 14-2 tear without the need for trophy hunting old guys like rubin and boltin' boldin.

Kyle Williams retiring would be bittersweet. He's my favorite active Bill and I'd like to see him play for as long as possible. But after the moves of the last few weeks this team is at least 3 years minimum away from competing for anything and it's unlikely Kyle will still be playing at that point, so the cap space today is probably more valuable to the team moving forward than KW this year.

That said, I think Kyle has committed to this season and don't see him retiring until at least next year.

i feel much the same. the only difference being, i could see the bills as a competitive team as early as next season. if we do not package all those picks, and use them for young talent, i think this team could absolutely be a force. with the right picks, and a few nifty signings, it could definitely happen. and kw would look really nice on a team of young, hungry talent that doesn't know they are supposed to suck!

me too

why?

I love it!

pffht

i feel much the same. the only difference being, i could see the bills as a competitive team as early as next season. if we do not package all those picks, and use them for young talent, i think this team could absolutely be a force. with the right picks, and a few nifty signings, it could definitely happen. and kw would look really nice on a team of young, hungry talent that doesn't know they are supposed to suck!

like your attitude Sir !

Has anyone told him the MJ is good for pain and inflammation?

not likely. He is just a recreational user millionaire , kinda.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

I do not know who you are quoting here but it is actually a pretty stupid statement. I am sure that after being cut on the eve of the season with rosters already set, he will play for whoever offers him a paycheck, which is not the Bills apparently

I do not know who you are quoting here but it is actually a pretty stupid statement. I am sure that after being cut on the eve of the season with rosters already set, he will play for whoever offers him a paycheck, which is not the Bills apparently

Well he could wait it out a few weeks and hope for a contender to have an injury need to fill also. Said he is 31 so he has probably made some money

Also I doubt he even makes the visit if he doesn't atleast have some willingness to sign with them

Edited by apuszczalowski

Only jersey I have now is his.