If the Colts really suck, would they trade Luck to Buffalo?

BADOLBILZ

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one in the NFL, simply because I don't think anyone worth trading for will be available. If a franchise guy somehow was available in a trade scenario, sure, lets explore...just don't expect that to be an option.

I really like some prospects to target in the draft. Specifically Darnold, Mayfield, Hubert, and Rosen. We should be in position to draft or trade to draft one of those guys assuming they are all in the draft. And if we do need to make a trade to get into position to get the one we want, it wont cost us nearly as much as it would to get Luck IMO in draft assets and cap room. And there are other intriguing QB prospects as well that easily can rise into top 10 consideration by the time the Combine is over. This draft class has 1983 type potential depth in it.

We are rebuilding, lets do it with draft assets and not a bloated contract of a turnover prone QB who is a legit injury concern. I know many will not agree, and thats fine, this is just what I would do with a GM. People fail in love with totals and lose all site of effectiveness, reliability, and what makes an overall better team. Again, if totals mattered, Bress would be the winningest QB in the NFL, yet he hasn't had a winning season in 5 years.

Which prospect? Pick one. Unless you'd like to grab several. Edited by jmc12290

I needed a good laugh thank you Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWhat's funny? The fact that you have no rebuttal? Or do you contend that Luck has played against a tough schedule?

Cherry picked stat. Ignoring 11-5 seasons and all the stuff. Luck is legit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@BleacherReport

The Colts are a mess, and @mikefreemanNFL says NFL execs believe it’s time Andrew Luck demands a trade http://ble.ac/2x5LrBi

....as if dopey Irsay would ever agree to a trade......he is solely responsible for the Luck extension and he ain't back peddling now no matter what he has in his glove compartment................

Which prospect? Pick one. Unless you'd like to grab several.

Why would I pick one? We have incomplete information on all the prospects. They still have most of their season left to play for starters to get more film on them, not to mention the combine and whole post season draft analysis and process.

I literally listed the 4 guys who intrigue me the most right now, and there are several others who could by seasons end be high on the list too. We don't even know all the QBs that will declare for the draft yet.

So respectfully, I don't see any point in picking one at this stage. But to play along, if I was forced to have my pick of any guy based on only what we know at this moment in time, I would take Darnold. However, I also don't think we will be in position to take him and I don't think the teams that need a QB will trade away the chance to draft him as I see him as the first pick in the draft if the draft was today.

The guy I actually think is a real contender for being on the Bills roster next year is Mayfield. We may not even need to trade up if we have a losing season as I still suspect Darnold and Rosen will be the first 2 guys taken. Now there is a LOT of football left that can completely change things, but we are only going on what we know today. Meaning if we had like the 8th pick, we may not need to trade up to get Mayfield depending on who is in front of us.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Why would I pick one? We have incomplete information on all the prospects. They still have most of their season left to play for starters to get more film on them, not to mention the combine and whole post season draft analysis and process.

I literally listed the 4 guys who intrigue me the most right now, and there are several others who could by seasons end be high on the list too. We don't even know all the QBs that will declare for the draft yet.

So respectfully, I don't see any point in picking one at this stage. But to play along, if I was forced to have my pick of any guy based on only what we know at this moment in time, I would take Darnold. However, I also don't think we will be in position to take him and I don't think the teams that need a QB will trade away the chance to draft him as I see him as the first pick in the draft if the draft was today.

The guy I actually think is a real contender for being on the Bills roster next year is Mayfield. We may not even need to trade up if we have a losing season as I still suspect Darnold and Rosen will be the first 2 guys taken. Now there is a LOT of football left that can completely change things, but we are only going on what we know today. Meaning if we had like the 8th pick, we may not need to trade up to get Mayfield depending on who is in front of us.

Because in order for your point to hit home, you'd have to draft a good QB. Pick who'd you want.

Cherry picked stat. Ignoring 11-5 seasons and all the stuff. Luck is legit Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hah! You said the Colts are a disaster without Luck and I simply pointed out that in the only extended stretch without him, they performed very well, thank you. Thus directly refuting your point. How is that "cherry picking"? Edited by mannc

maybe...He is already 28 and they have largely squandered his talent with terrible drafting. He was surrounded by remnants from a talented but aging roster from Manning's days for the first 2 years but after that it's been abysmal.

By the time the Colts are ready to seriously contend, Luck will probably be in his early 30s...might make sense for the Colts to see what they can get and take a young QB if they are bad enough this year.

Because in order for your point to hit home, you'd have to draft a good QB. Pick who'd you want.

So ridiculous. His point is that we would be stupid to trade for Luck and he is correct whether there are 10 hall of fame QBs in this draft or zero.

People falling over themselves to give up gigantic $ and multiple first round picks for a guy that has Luck's results borders on creepy.

Hah! You said the Colts are a disaster without Luck and I simply pointed out that in the only extended stretch without him, they performed very well, thank you. Thus directly refuting your point. How is that "cherry picking"?

Kim Jung QB has gone 16-0 and won the Super Bowl every year.

@BleacherReport

The Colts are a mess, and @mikefreemanNFL says NFL execs believe it’s time Andrew Luck demands a trade http://ble.ac/2x5LrBi

Luck would be perfect here with McD's emphasis on a strong O-LINE and running game,it would be like Stanford all over again.

We screwed up with not going after Brees after his shoulder injury, so if there is any chance we can get Luck we should.

Luck for Marcell

I wish

i think we got a slighted flutie situation here with tyrod we can win with the guy but it will take work i think the dude is better than say trent dilfer...elvis gerbac all who had some success....definitely better than matt leinart if tyrod would go back and look at what mike vick had to do at the end of his career to get better and implement those skills now it would help him as well again we can win with the guy. let stop killin the guy while the season is on till he really flops at least...that int was bad but lets see if he can overcome it in a offense hes supposed to know.

Long way to g but I'm not sure Mayfield will be a 1st round player. I haven't really looked at him at all so I am only going on the buzz in draft circles but most people seem to think he will still be there on day 2.