Rex has hot takes on his 2 exes, the Bills and Jets

YoloinOhio

Getting drubbed by the Patriots and then showing up 3 days later on TV at the World Series doesn't exactly paint a picture of commitment and dedication, does it? His well-oiled team surely didn't need an extra day of preparation -- it was only Seattle on Monday night coming up.

That was a scouting trip. Weeks had proposed a significant baseball card trade, and some of the subjects of that trade were playing in that game.

Seriously ... Rex became a caricature. He once was a good football coach. But his ego, lack of preparation, and uncontrollable mouth destroyed all of that. I'm thrilled that he no longer is on our sideline.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it was mid Aug. But in any event I think he is just trying to make himself look better with that comment. You know, because he was such an amazing player and he lost him to injury which is the reason his defense was putrid.

August 5. Pretty early in camp. Wonder if his heart issue was a factor as well, enlarged aorta? Wasn't there an interview with him saying it was still painful and having to 'trust' the knee. May just have been one of those ACL's that's just never right.

Edited by Shamrock

Possible. Gilmore has gotten a bit full of himself as "the Gilly Lock". Secondary coaching in B'lo last season was poor as far as results showed.

Against that, Gilmore is in New England where saving your body by avoiding a physical tackle will not be tolerated. So he might shape up.

Gillys problem is not saving his body, it is poor technique. He throws his shoulder at the runner/receiver rather than wrapping him up.

Rex and Whaley, two complete idiots. Rex was right that Wales messed up a no-brainer tender situation with Hogan. Whaley was TERRIBLE at doing anything beyond scouting - he was just a garbage GM.

But Rex's own statements in that article demonstrate what a buffoon he is, as well - he didn't even know which tender had been assigned. He was half checked-out the entire time he was in Buffalo.

Good riddance to both of those guys. Really, their incompetence was staggering.

To be fair to Ryan, it may be the case that in the case of Hogan, Whaley never told him what was going down. If that was the case, that's on Whaley. Regardless, it was a very stupid move. I ended up drafting Hogan last night for my fantasy team. Curious to see how he does with Edelman down.

@mlombardi

Rex Ryan: Chris Hogan was the one player I didnt want to lose--and they took all of one day to not match...

He was the "one player" you didn't want to lose out of all the players on that team? Sammy, shady, TT, Dareus, Kyle, Hughes, Glenn, Gilmore, etc? But you choose Hogan? Then you're just stupid Rex. Hogan had 7 catches in his last 5 games. He's a good player now with the Pats. He's an ok WR playing with the best Qb of all time.,He was never a premier player in Buffalo.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@mlombardi

Rex Ryan: Chris Hogan was the one player I didnt want to lose--and they took all of one day to not match...

He was the "one player" you didn't want to lose out of all the players on that team? Sammy, shady, TT, Dareus, Kyle, Hughes, Glenn, Gilmore, etc? But you choose Hogan? Then you're just stupid Rex. Hogan had 7 catches in his last 5 games. He's a good player now with the Pats. He's an ok WR playing with the best Qb of all time.,He was never a premier player in Buffalo.

Rex said Hogan was their best receiver (yes, better than Sammy and Woods) and Ragland was our best player.

The dope is the ultimate revisionist historian.

@mlombardi

Rex mocked him when he was here calling him a lacrosse player. Rex is full of crap and forgets facts like the one about us declining the match so quickly. Whaley was far from perfect but i have no doubt he was somewhat cornered by Rex's abject stupidity.

@mlombardi

? - those other guys were under contract and there was no real concern about "losing" them. Hogan's contract had expired, hence the concern about losing him.

Edited by dave mcbride

Rex is going to love seeing the Jets and Bills combined win less games than the Pats. Then he can say see it wasn't my fault I'm a great coach!

oh, he will definitely say it

This just gives me more motivation to want the Bills to make the playoffs this year.

Rex and Whaley, two complete idiots. Rex was right that Wales messed up a no-brainer tender situation with Hogan. Whaley was TERRIBLE at doing anything beyond scouting - he was just a garbage GM.

But Rex's own statements in that article demonstrate what a buffoon he is, as well - he didn't even know which tender had been assigned. He was half checked-out the entire time he was in Buffalo.

Good riddance to both of those guys. Really, their incompetence was staggering.

I agree.

Whaley was good at scouting pro personnel, and decent (to good at times) at scouting college players. But he was poor at most other aspects of running and assembling a team. I can't remember where I read it but I also remember reading after he left that there were players on the team that questioned how truly dedicated he was. They said he would sit and play on his phone during important meetings and stuff like that.

And Rex, for all his talk of "all in" was the last guy in the building in the morning and the first one to leave. I think he liked the idea of being able to say he was a head coach and all the publicity that came with it but I don't think he actually liked putting in all the meticulous work that it entailed.

I think these quotes also go to show that Rex and Whaley were never working anywhere near in lockstep together like this new GM and coach are. McDermott and Beane seem to discuss every little detail.

For Rex to obviously not even have been part of the discussion as to what type of tag to apply to Hogan, that tells me that they likely didn't even sit and discuss it together. Whaley just made a decision on his own is the way it appears to me. Whether that was because Rex didn't care to be involved or Whaley didn't care to involve him (or both) I don't know.

Find it intersting the only thing that suprised him was the Ragland trade. With him on the KC injury report he isnt healthy and the trade now makes sense. Imo Rex is watching Buffalo games. He is concerned Buffalo will make a turn around and Mcdermott makes Rex look bad.