Rex has hot takes on his 2 exes, the Bills and Jets

YoloinOhio

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

big, if true

That's better/funnier than your initial response......."I think everyone knows that" came off as dismissive of the fact that we sometimes irrationally make a habit of bashing proven-idiotic decisions by the owner and then giving unconditional love and acceptance to subsequent decisions from the same brain matter.

And by "we" I mean....other people. :flirt:

Rex is paid to do what he does best now, run his mouth. He sure as hell squandered the talent he had on his teams as a coach.

...he is a perennial squanderer....his ONLY claim to fame was the Ravens defense and then the drool started, just like the old man, Bloviating Buddy.......Wrecks did squat with the Jets (those in favor will cite his AFCE prowess) and then stained OBD....Buddy's claim to fame was the Bears "46" and then moved on to Eagles HC spot for squat...his claim to fame was punching out Gilbride.....and Rob?...good Lord, won't go there....coattail useless....Poker Network in the PERFECT landing spot....

Based just on that information, I would agree. But there's more to it, as I suspect you know.

The team never looked well-prepared under Rex. From Game 2 of the 2015 season against the Pats, where we gave up 140 yds on 14 penalties - including on Rex, it just never got better. Then there was the D.

OK, he tried to run a hybrid (or so he said), he needed his own guys, etc etc. - shame they didn't hire a HC who could have worked with the D we had, but that's water under the bridge now. Season 2.

I turned from "Hopeful" to "Hapless Bills Fan" during Game 1 against the Baltimore Ravens. The team simply did not look prepared and from 10 men on field to 12 men on field, it never got better. Meanwhile excuse city was going down in Rexland. Flip the channel to NE** vs Ari and there's NE, star QB suspended, best D player out, handful of other injuries, going after AZ like a bulldozer after a cowdozer, never say quit.

I think the simple truth is that Pegula grew to see that Rex was no longer committed to coaching and didn't have either the skill set or the will to fix the undisciplined play and field a team that was sharp and ready to play every week.

Oh I agree that the team looked sloppy and ill prepared, and it really drove me nuts to see the random game where the defense looked great (such as MNF in NE when they had Brady totally rattled for most of the game). That told me that Rex tried that week, and more than anything else the idea of the coach not really grinding the way he needed to bugged me.

I don't think Rex forgot how to coach defense. His defenses were great in Baltimore and in NJ. I think the issue was that he wanted to be the face of the team and let other people do the heavy work, hoping his coaches were talented enough that the team would break the drought and he would practically be un-fireable for the duration of his contract.

So I'm glad he is gone, but I was still shocked when it happened. How ironic that Rex had a good offense and a crappy defense. That's a first in his career. That alone tells you that he wasn't really working. Great defenses always work, just ask Wade Philips, who has been "done" for the past decade and recently won his first Super Bowl after being out of the league for a while because he was yesterday's news.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Based just on that information, I would agree. But there's more to it, as I suspect you know.

The team never looked well-prepared under Rex. From Game 2 of the 2015 season against the Pats, where we gave up 140 yds on 14 penalties - including on Rex, it just never got better. Then there was the D.

OK, he tried to run a hybrid (or so he said), he needed his own guys, etc etc. - shame they didn't hire a HC who could have worked with the D we had, but that's water under the bridge now. Season 2.

I turned from "Hopeful" to "Hapless Bills Fan" during Game 1 against the Baltimore Ravens. The team simply did not look prepared and from 10 men on field to 12 men on field, it never got better. Meanwhile excuse city was going down in Rexland. Flip the channel to NE** vs Ari and there's NE, star QB suspended, best D player out, handful of other injuries, going after AZ like a bulldozer after a cowdozer, never say quit.

I think the simple truth is that Pegula grew to see that Rex was no longer committed to coaching and didn't have either the skill set or the will to fix the undisciplined play and field a team that was sharp and ready to play every week.

distilled truth

I think he is on the drugs. and not the good ones i take

Here is more from Rex on Hogan, Gillislee and Gilmore -

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/9/6/16263410/rex-ryan-bills-jets-patriots-julian-edelman-chris-hogan-mike-gillislee-stephon-gilmore-belichick

RR: “Let’s just say I wasn’t real happy. You know at first, here’s what happened, this is how uninformed I was at that time. I’m thinking, okay, well we get a second round pick. So I was disappointed, but I’m like, anyway we’ll get a second round pick so that’s pretty cool. No, the tender wasn’t high enough. So that’s when I left the office, was not happy. Let’s just put it that way. Then the fact that you gotta go against the guy. That was, but that’ sit. That’s what he does. He’ll make a team worse and make his own team better.

i thought it was a "good" team too. Then 10 men on the field happened and I lost all faith I had left in Rex. That was when I finally said he had to go. Then the interview after he was fired and that made me nauseaus because he couldn't be more classless in addition to not putting in the effort to make the team a winner.

I totally agree with this. And the other thing for me were the penalties. So many penalties. It seemed like every play there was a flag. It culminated in a game against NE where Rex managed to draw a 15 yarder himself. He simply could not bring any discipline to the team and I think that if he had remained things would only have gotten worse.

I totally agree with this. And the other thing for me were the penalties. So many penalties. It seemed like every play there was a flag. It culminated in a game against NE where Rex managed to draw a 15 yarder himself. He simply could not bring any discipline to the team and I think that if he had remained things would only have gotten worse.

Dude u really still blaming the penalties on Rex? So by that logic all the penalties we had in preseason are McDerms fault right? Say it. Be fair.

Couldnt possibly be the players fault could it?

:lol: :lol:

Dude u really still blaming the penalties on Rex? So by that logic all the penalties we had in preseason are McDerms fault right? Say it. Be fair.

Couldnt possibly be the players fault could it?

:lol: :lol:

I get that it is on the players. The point I am trying to make is that the penalties increased throughout the Ryan era. Looking at the preseason I believe our penalty count decreased in every game. I just don't think Rex ever really addressed the issue and it hurt us in so many games. So for me Rex must accept a large chunk of responsibility for the penalties because he did not take enough action to reduce them. It will be interesting to see how we do in this area this year but I liked the fact that Sean brought experienced referees in after that first preseason game to talk with the team.

Here is more from Rex on Hogan, Gillislee and Gilmore -

https://www.patspulpit.com/2017/9/6/16263410/rex-ryan-bills-jets-patriots-julian-edelman-chris-hogan-mike-gillislee-stephon-gilmore-belichick

RR: “Let’s just say I wasn’t real happy. You know at first, here’s what happened, this is how uninformed I was at that time. I’m thinking, okay, well we get a second round pick. So I was disappointed, but I’m like, anyway we’ll get a second round pick so that’s pretty cool. No, the tender wasn’t high enough. So that’s when I left the office, was not happy. Let’s just put it that way. Then the fact that you gotta go against the guy. That was, but that’ sit. That’s what he does. He’ll make a team worse and make his own team better.

Rex and Whaley, two complete idiots. Rex was right that Wales messed up a no-brainer tender situation with Hogan. Whaley was TERRIBLE at doing anything beyond scouting - he was just a garbage GM.

But Rex's own statements in that article demonstrate what a buffoon he is, as well - he didn't even know which tender had been assigned. He was half checked-out the entire time he was in Buffalo.

Good riddance to both of those guys. Really, their incompetence was staggering.