Doug Flutie- Lead the Charge?

Another Fan

All these kids hating on Flutie clearly never watched him play. The guy was a baller and a winner.

I watched him play. Every game he played as a Bill. Loved the D, Flutie was ok. Hated the personality, he thought he was better than his play said he was. He was a QB that every game I watched him play I wanted to replace with someone better.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be the only Bills fan without strong feelings about Flutie. He was a lot like Tyrod, He had flaws in his passing game but made things happen with his feet. I don't think he gets a curse. Babe Ruth got a curse. Flutie might result in a mediocre horoscope. I'm not against him leading the charge, but I genuinely don't get the Flutie fan boys. He really was a bit above average for a while, and as defenses played him more and squatted on the out routes he was a bit below average. Should Rob have started in Nashville? Probably not, but it's like getting a Canadian coin back in your change. It's not right, but in the end it doesn't change much.

And for the record, I will go to my deathbed hopefully decades from now completely 100% certain it was a forward lateral. I saw it. I know what I saw.

To the guy who said his arm was shot when he got to the bills..

Umm obviously you didnt see him play much. Go back and watch on youtube. Flutie had a cannon. I actually forgot how strong hos arm actually was. I was a teenager then. Matter of fact he actually threw it too hard a lot of the time cause he had a chip on his shoulder and wanted to show he could sling it

Umm obviously you didnt see him play much. Go back and watch on youtube. Flutie had a cannon. I actually forgot how strong hos arm actually was. I was a teenager then. Matter of fact he actually threw it too hard a lot of the time cause he had a chip on his shoulder and wanted to show he could sling it

His intangibles were through the roof, but cannon? I never saw it.

How many playoff wins did he have? Zero sounds about right. And you can keep surfer boy out conversation cause he sucked as well.

you know, when I looked at your name just now, I couldn't help but think about this theme.

as for playoff wins, can't say I don't agree, none. but he is the last to help get them there, back to back seasons. surfer I can't keep my shoe on boy started 7 games (4-3) to fluties 25 starts (17-8) yet they started johnson at tenn and haven't seen the post season since.

Little known fact: Flutie lost the Bills playoff game he started.

maybe they thought rob could win the tenn game since he did so well in his 7 starts?

Arm strength was the last thing Flutie was known for.

you know, when I looked at your name just now, I couldn't help but think about this theme.

as for playoff wins, can't say I don't agree, none. but he is the last to help get them there, back to back seasons. surfer I can't keep my shoe on boy started 7 games (4-3) to fluties 25 starts (17-8) yet they started johnson at tenn and haven't seen the post season since.

maybe they thought rob could win the tenn game since he did so well in his 7 starts?

Why are you bringing up Rob Johnson? He sucked a$$ as well. This discussion is about how much Flutie sucks. Not how much Rob Johnson sucks.

His intangibles were through the roof, but cannon? I never saw it.

He did. Go back and watch the second game vs the jets in 98 and watch how hard he was throwing the ball. Phil simms even makes mention of it. Or some other games from that year. He had his flaws but he had a strong arm no doubt. Dude was a winner. I think he would have been even better in this time than back then

Edited by BillsSbSoon

Welcome to the board. We can use a little more comic relief... :blink:

Little known fact: Flutie lost the Bills playoff game he started.

Yep.......5 turnover game.......including him fumbling at the Dolphins goal line to lose the game.

I appreciate what Doug brought to the table.........if Wade had the cajones of Don Shula he could have played Flutie and RJ like Shula did David Woodley and Don Strock......gotten homefield and actually WON a SB because those Rams weren't very good(they nearly got shutout and beaten at home in the championship game by the Bucs, whose D was lesser than Buffalo's).

Fact check: name me the last Bills QB to lead his team to a 10 win season. That's what I thought. Your response sucked like Rob Johnson sitting in the pocket for 10 minutes.

He led the Bills to a 10 win season like Manning and Osweiler led the Broncos to the Lombardi Trophy.

He sucked. The defense was top 3. That's how we won 10 games.

There's your fact check.

He did. Go back and watch the second game vs the jets in 98 and watch how hard he was throwing the ball. Phil simms even makes mention of it. Or some other games from that year. He had his flaws but he had a strong arm no doubt. Dude was a winner. I think he would have been even better in this time than back then

Yep. Whenever I hear about the top arms in NFL history it always Elway, Marino, Kelly, Favre, and SKIN FLUTIE!!!!!

Yep.......5 turnover game.......including him fumbling at the Dolphins goal line to lose the game.

I appreciate what Doug brought to the table.........if Wade had the cajones of Don Shula he could have played Flutie and RJ like Shula did David Woodley and Don Strock......gotten homefield and actually WON a SB because those Rams weren't very good(they nearly got shutout and beaten at home in the championship game by the Bucs, whose D was lesser than Buffalo's).

Oh come on now, the rams werent very good in 99? Were some of you guys born yesterday or just have short memories. The rams were destroying teams in 99. They ran into two great defenses in the bucs and the titans but when they had to, they scored and won both games. We very well may have faced them that year if not for that joke in tennessee but to say the rams werent very good is ridiculous Edited by BillsSbSoon

Oh come on now, the rams werent very good in 99? Were some of you guys born yesterday or just have short memories. The rams were destroying teams in 99. They ran into two great defenses in the bucs and the rams but when they had to, they scored and won both games. We very well may have faced them that year if not for that joke in tennessee but to say the rams werent very good is ridiculous

Greatest show on turf. Fun team to watch. They were great. Would have won two SBs if Belicheat didnt have their gameplan in his back pocket.

Edited by Billsmovinup