Bills failed to claim TE Oshaughnessy

MAJBobby

I've read the article twice. It doesn't say that at all. I even went and looked on about another 10 links and no where does it state the team is required/forced to sign him. It doesn't state they are NOT required, but doesn't state they are required either. All of the links are stated in language that assumes the team wants the player, so the team "gets him"

But you didn't misinterpret it the same way Bobby did.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

more than the other guy they did get, guessing they both must be blocking te

That's not true the TE they just picked up MyCole Pruitt was the top tight end in D1 football in 2014. Number one in catches, receiving yards, and TDs. Also if I'm not mistaking I believe he's a 2 time All American. Edited by Bronxbomber21

That's not true the TE they just picked up MyCole Pruitt was the top tight end in D1 football in 2014. Number one in catches, receiving yards, and TDs. Also if I'm not mistaking I believe he's a 2 time All American.

At a lower level of competition. I can keep track of the letters, but he played at what used to be division 1A. He's got good hands and he's a decent blocker. His build is described as a little squat. He's 6'2" but has a good weight for a blocking TE.

How do you know the second tight end they claimed didn't have a condition?

Because that is not the process. You put a claim in for the player or your dont.

But you didn't misinterpret it the same way Bobby did.

I am amazed how many Bills fans do not understand the NFL rules. Must be to many times through a table

Because that is not the process. You put a claim in for the player or your dont.

I am amazed how many Bills fans do not understand the NFL rules. Must be to many times through a table

You said something unproven then provided a link that didn't address your point in any way. So a couple people called you out on it.

You said something unproven then provided a link that didn't address your point in any way. So a couple people called you out on it.

Proof claimed two TEs.

Awarded one not awarded one.

Then signed one to PS. So yes i said thomas and O'Leary might not be as secure as people think.

And then said learn the NFL rules.

So they tried to claim TWO TEs.

You think they would roll with 5TEs on the roster. Maybe

Once a club waives a player, the 31 other clubs either file a claim to obtain him or they waive their chance to do so (thus the origin of the term waiver).

http://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-players/nfl-waiver-system-overview/

But i get it there are a group of posters that have hard-ons for my posts

Edited by MAJBobby

Proof claimed two TEs.

Then signed one to PS. So yes i said thomas and O'Leary might not be as secure as people think.

You are still whiffing on Dog's original point.

Claimed two

Because there was absolutely no possibility of another team claiming one of them before the Bills were at the top of the priority list?

Putting in claims for 2 tight ends does not mean they actually wanted 2 tight ends.

Because there was absolutely no possibility of another team claiming one of them before the Bills were at the top of the priority list?

Putting in claims for 2 tight ends does not mean they actually wanted 2 tight ends.

It means they were willing to roll those dice and yes i know if they were awarded two they could have cut one right away the next day Edited by MAJBobby

Proof claimed two TEs.

But you don't know when they made the claims or if they made one then pulled it or whether something else happened and you don't know the full rules either. And I don't think they would roll with five at all. Keep digging.

But you don't know when they made the claims or if they made one then pulled it or whether something else happened and you don't know the full rules either. And I don't think they would roll with five at all. Keep digging.

You know all waiver claims are announced at the deadline right.

But hey keep trying i just posted the rules. Read them. Learn them it helps you understand NFL football a little bit.

You know all waiver claims are announced at the deadline right.

But hey keep trying i just posted the rules. Read them. Learn them it helps you understand NFL football a little bit.

I'll bet you any amount of money a team can put in a waiver claim and then pull it before the player is awarded.

I've read the article twice. It doesn't say that at all. I even went and looked on about another 10 links and no where does it state the team is required/forced to sign him. It doesn't state they are NOT required, but doesn't state they are required either. All of the links are stated in language that assumes the team wants the player, so the team "gets him"

It's not signing him so much as assuming the contract. That said, when cutting to get back to 53, unless there's a rule I'm unaware of you can just cut that guy. I've never seen it IMMEDIATELY done but pretty darn quickly

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/04/six-teams-put-in-waiver-claims-on-james-oshaughnessy/amp/

Hmmm interesting that they had a couple claims on TEs. Was awarded one. Didnt get this one.

So guess Thomas and O'Leary may not be that secure going forward.

Clay really cant do anything with him due to contract.

Yeah i am actually mildly surprised Thomas made it this far.

He played OK in preseason but these guys do not appear interested in saving any roster spots for developmental players.

29 year old LeSean McCoy is the "Baby" of the RB room. :lol:

Holysh*t this team is old.