I'm feeling a little optimistic!

Frez

Hey, just because we are not familiar with most of the players on our team anymore doesn't mean we won't be competitive! Jonathan Williams was fumble waiting to happen. Let's kick back and watch this team grow as the year goes on. Call me crazy but I have some faith in this front office and new young head coach. Yea, we have a chance to go 3-13 or 9-7, I get that part of it.

I'm really excited to see these young players play hard and earn their spots on this team. I do see a QB change in the near future if Tyrod does not play up to snuff.

Can't wait till Sunday! I have a feeling we will see more good from this team then bad this year.

Edited by Frez

I'm going into this season with absolutley no expectations. I will be happy if they play hard and are penalty free. That would be a huge improvement in my eyes. How many will they win? Don't know and don't really care. If they can do the simple things right, which has been a big if in Buffalo for too long. Play tough, play hard and show improvement, I will consider this year a success.

I'm going into this season with absolutley no expectations. I will be happy if they play hard and are penalty free. That would be a huge improvement in my eyes. How many will they win? Don't know and don't really care. If they can do the simple things right, which has been a big if in Buffalo for too long. Play tough, play hard and show improvement, I will consider this year a success.

No ones penalty free with the Hochule

What qualifies as a "good year" and making the playoffs or winning the SB doesn't count. It could happen but in all likely hood won't. Is building a solid O and D line enough since it starts in the trenches? What else is needed to qualify for a good year? Do they need to develop a solid base offense where you can plug and play the next man up. Does the defense have to return to the top ten form of three years ago? How much improvement is enough to keep the pessimists from claiming doom and gloom and the end of life as we know it.

And what would be a bad year? 0-16 doesn't count, neither does 8-8. They've stockpiled enough draft picks to be flexible. How do you justify being pessimistic? Are the same guys from last year doing the same things as last year? Are we privy to the plan the coaching staff is implementing?

Maybe we should let the games play out, one by one and enjoy the ride before sending in the obituary. I learned my lesson watching A&M vs UCLA last night

Edited by billsfan60

I'd love to know how all these new guys learn the schemes and playbook in 6 days.

Are you talking about the 3 waiver wire pickups and the trade for Clay?

If so, all of them are likely bottom of the roster players that may not be active for the first game and even if they are will likely play very limited snaps anyway.

Hey, just because we are not familiar with most of the players on our team anymore doesn't mean we won't be competitive! Jonathan Williams was fumble waiting to happen. Let's kick back and watch this team grow as the year goes on. Call me crazy but I have some faith in this front office and new young head coach. Yea, we have a chance to go 3-13 or 9-7, I get that part of it.

I'm really excited to see these young players play hard and earn their spots on this team. I do see a QB change in the near future if Tyrod does not play up to snuff.

Can't wait till Sunday! I have a feeling we will see more good from this team then bad this year.

i was impressed by how the team looked in the final preseason game, they resembled a well-coached team. At the very least, I don't expect to yell, "what a couple of !@#$ing idiots..."

As crazy as it sounds I believe the teams success will come down to the WR and secondary.

I believe the defense will be better. Same players playing an easier scheme. Secondary may take its lumps but if it can hold strong were good.

Offensively we still have Shady, TT and Charles Clay. O line seems to be upgraded. It's all about the WR. If we can move the chains and use K Clay to stretch the field ALA Goodwin it might not be so bad.

I gotta tell you that I haven't been this optimistic since Chuck Knox was hired. I kinda doubt we will see great success this season and I'm not holding this new regime accountable to do much this season. These guys deserve some time to straighten out the team. 2-3 years.

So far I haven't seen any of the stupidity from past years.

Jauron cutting his RT and firing his OC weeks before the season starts. Maybin...

Gailey naming Trent Edwards his starting QB to cut him outright after two games and his naming CJ Spiller his starting RB. With both, Fred and Marshawn nicked up that first game the kid couldn't run a route, find a hole or block. Fred came in with a cast on his hand and caught a pass. Gailey was clueless with his smoke and mirror passing game with 5 WR sets and only one decent WR.

Marrone naming Hackett as his OC and watching the Bills run up the middle all season while the QB flopped. Anyone else notice Bortles has turned into poop since Hackett has been their OC.

Wrex boasting he had never had so much defensive talent and will have the best defense in the league. Meanwhile, in only the second game has his defense playing off coverage against Brady who set a Bills franchise worst record for giving up 466 yards of passing. A coach who was noted for building great defenses only to alienate his best players in Buffalo by asking them to play a scheme that stunted their best skills. Great coaches put their players in the best position to succeed and this moron forces his lame, out of date scheme on players who don't fit it.

I gotta tell you that I haven't been this optimistic since Chuck Knox was hired. I kinda doubt we will see great success this season and I'm not holding this new regime accountable to do much this season. These guys deserve some time to straighten out the team. 2-3 years.

Stop✋ and pass the Opioids. You've had enough