Bills Practice Squad Updates

After Holmes makes a couple All Pro plays on special teams, you'll feel differently.

i need to trust the process..

:worthy:

I would love to see Jordan Johnson on the PS. I assume that would have happened by now if it was going to.

naw things are not settled yet by any means.

but he may not make a roster. Cool to see him score though !!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I believe that is incorrect...if another team poaches your PS player, you get no compensation...he's gone, BUT must be on his new team's active 53.....so it is like a promotion....

In a lot of ways the Practice Squad is a league-wide thing. You have your pick of every PS player in the NFL.

In a lot of ways the Practice Squad is a league-wide thing. You have your pick of every PS player in the NFL.

....agreed....but if your PS guy is poached, you get no compensation and what would you be matching anyway?....he goes to the poacher's active 53 and thus he's been promoted.....you have zero recourse...

...I believe that is incorrect...if another team poaches your PS player, you get no compensation...he's gone, BUT must be on his new team's active 53.....so it is like a promotion....

That's not what we were talking about. You get no compensaction, true. No one said you did. The question was if someone tries to sign one of your players do you get a chance to match that offer and keep him, and the answer to that is yes. The other team offers a contract. The player can sign it or get a better offer from the team he had been on. whichever of the two teams the player chooses, it's his choice, he has to be put on the 53 man roster. Thems the rules.

Edited by Kelly the Dog