is jonathan williams next? - update: now cut

ronnieroscoe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What has Jonathan Williams ever done to deserve such praise?

I'll wait..

Um, what praise are you talking about? That he has the potential to be a better runner than those other three? He looks better than Tolbert and just as good as Banyard, but is several years younger. Should be obvious.

@TCBills_Astro

Gillislee ---5.7 YPC, 47 carries

Jon Williams---5.8 YPC on 21 carries

Taiwan Jones---6.6 YPC on 11 carries

It's the Line.

#Bills

But what does that say about Shady?

Torches and pitchforks for Astro! Who's with me! :devil:

In all honesty this frickin' Dawkins dude is a TENACIOUS run blocker........some of his finishes in preseason were Peters-esque.

Aren't all draft evaluations and criticisms in hindsight?

I know you hate Whaley, but a lot of his "gems" were part of a top 5 defense. His downfall, obviously, was his undying commitment to EJ Manuel. But how many GMs find their franchise QB on purpose? He deserves criticism, but if you think for one minute that Whaley is responsible for the current state of the team, I would respectfully disagree. Terry Pegula, and his hard on for Rex Ryan, is responsible.

This team, after Whaley's drafts, trades and acquisitions, was a QB away from being a powerhouse. And that, my friend, can be said for a lot of teams.

Answer: Nothing.

What players did Whaley draft that were gems in the top 5 defense?

My only real concern is that without developmental talent in place.......Banyard is 29?........they might talk themselves into using a high pick on a RB next draft and they really need to get away from that mindset.

Not sure I understand this point, but I would have no problem drafting a RB with great potential. To me (and apparently the coaching staff) JW was not back-up material, let alone a potential starter post-McCoy.

Um, what praise are you talking about? That he has the potential to be a better runner than those other three? He looks better than Tolbert and just as good as Banyard, but is several years younger. Should be obvious.

Yet . . . it wasn't obvious to many people, including the professional coaching staff and talent evaluators. Could it be that JW does not, infact, have "the potential to be a better runner than the other three." Appears to be the case.

Aren't all draft evaluations and criticisms in hindsight?

That's the point.

I know you hate Whaley, but a lot of his "gems" were part of a top 5 defense. His downfall, obviously, was his undying commitment to EJ Manuel. But how many GMs find their franchise QB on purpose? He deserves criticism, but if you think for one minute that Whaley is responsible for the current state of the team, I would respectfully disagree. Terry Pegula, and his hard on for Rex Ryan, is responsible.

This team, after Whaley's drafts, trades and acquisitions, was a QB away from being a powerhouse. And that, my friend, can be said for a lot of teams.

I don't hate Whaley, I just don't love him either. I've just found the love affair a sizeable portion of the fanbase have with him fascinating.

And Whaley didn't have many gems on that D. That unit was in place the day he took office.

Shady. Dareus. Hughes. Those are the only true difference makers.

Ok. Did you wring your hands when Sammy was traded?

Btw- The only one of those that I expect to see on the roster two years from now is Hughes.

Edited by vincec