Trade - Car WR Clay to Bills for CB K Seymour & 7th rd pick

Reed83HOF

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone here is saying we got a 7th rounder? Everywhere I am looking says we gave one up...am I missing something?

http://m.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-trade-for-Bills-CB-Kevon-Seymour/2f1207c8-0a7c-4600-b2a3-3d43f78f799c

CHARLOTTE - The Panthers shook up their 53-man roster a couple of hours after it was set, trading for Bills cornerback Kevon Seymour.

The Bills received wide receiver Kaelin Clay and the Panthers' 2019 seventh-round pick in the exchange.

However whats funny from

http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-trade-Seymour-to-Panthers-for-WR-Clay-and-a-pick/18bcb000-0be5-4e7d-80da-d9fffc81ce5d

The Bills added to their receiving corps with a trade Saturday. Buffalo acquired WR Kaelin Clay from the Carolina Panthers in exchange for CB Kevon Seymour and a 2019 seventh-round pick

So Bills website says Seymour and a 7th

Caolina website says Clay and a 7th

Ha ha ha

Im sure it was more than the Panthers were offering but Beane said nah, I would rather piss off Bobby.

Obviously it could be a variety of picks or players that wouldn't have been graded the same by everyone -- seeing the comparison could give us some idea of priorities

the poster indicated he would have been a solid CB2 or nickel on this current defense. That's what I was curious about. He certainly did not show that he could be. Perhaps in Rex's defense? We will never know. He only played a little and the rest is history.

I understand and replied accordingly-- I'll stand by my response that we entered the offseason with a set of young talented man corners and have gutted them for scheme fits. I'm sure many fans have whiplash and are still projecting them based on their past successes, not their current fit in a scheme not everyone read every camp report about

http://m.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-trade-for-Bills-CB-Kevon-Seymour/2f1207c8-0a7c-4600-b2a3-3d43f78f799c

CHARLOTTE - The Panthers shook up their 53-man roster a couple of hours after it was set, trading for Bills cornerback Kevon Seymour.

The Bills received wide receiver Kaelin Clay and the Panthers' 2019 seventh-round pick in the exchange.

However whats funny from

http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-trade-Seymour-to-Panthers-for-WR-Clay-and-a-pick/18bcb000-0be5-4e7d-80da-d9fffc81ce5d

The Bills added to their receiving corps with a trade Saturday. Buffalo acquired WR Kaelin Clay from the Carolina Panthers in exchange for CB Kevon Seymour and a 2019 seventh-round pick

So Bills website says Seymour and a 7th

Caolina website says Clay and a 7th

Ha ha ha

@CarolinaPanthers

What's mine is yours and what's yours is mine.

-McBeane

Edited by JaCrispy

Obviously it could be a variety of picks or players that wouldn't have been graded the same by everyone -- seeing the comparison could give us some idea of priorities

I understand and replied accordingly-- I'll stand by my response that we entered the offseason with a set of young talented man corners and have gutted them for scheme fits. I'm sure many fans have whiplash and are still projecting them based on their past successes, not their current fit in a scheme not everyone read every camp report about

ok I see. He seems like a very nice guy and had an amazing backstory. I think a lot of fans like that too. Edited by YoloinOhio

ok I see. He seems like a very nice guy and had an amazing backstory. I think a lot of fans like that too.

Plus he had every measurable, a valid and easily addressable excuse for why he slipped in the draft, and that graph on giving up the fewest receptions per snap of any rookie....

I think people got too high on him, but he was more than just a feel good story too. I think he'd see a lot of snaps in many cities.

Edited by NoSaint

I am starting to give up or lose the feeling I had when this staff was hired. They have made quit a few moves but none of them addressed our biggest problem which is RT. I was not at all happy to see B.Reilly got cut because it feels like sending Hogan to NE all over again. Now they get rid of Seymour who may have been someone to save our a$$es in case of injury or at least a good nickel.....for who?.......W T F? I'm starting to get less and less hopeful for this season....and it's quickly heading toward the dismay i knew Rex would bring.... Again W T F? This is starting to smell like a good piece of meat that was in the fridge is turning bad....Please God...not again!!!!

Early in free agency Bills went after OT Andre Smith & OT Rickey Wagner - they lost and then spent a #2 on OT hawkins...soooo wtf you talking aboutt

I don't disagree with you. However, I'm skeptical of their statements that we are expecting to be a playoff contender, if you are rebuilding from the ground up, tell it like it is. Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. That's all. I'll give them a chance, i always do.

I know, you know, everyone here knows, and management knows this is not a playoff team, but do you really expect management to say the team sucks?

Does management of any team in any sport ever say that?

I'm ecstatic they're tearing it all down, considering there is very little worth keeping.

Did McBeane ever really say they expected to be a playoff contender or did they just say they going to try and compete? Because you can be a real crappy team but still try to compete...perhaps people misunderstood what they said? Does anyone have actual quotes because I honestly don't know what was said.

Did McBeane ever really say they expected to be a playoff contender or did they just say they going to try and compete? Because you can be a real crappy team but still try to compete...perhaps people misunderstood what they said? Does anyone have actual quotes because I honestly don't know what was said.

Seems pretty clear to me that McBeane want to build for the future, but are not doing so in a way that includes "tanking" this season. If they were, they would get draft picks for McCoy, Clay, Taylor, Dareus, etc.

Reading the recent Ringer interview with McDermott, though, I would say that the primary purpose of this season is to build a culture and determine who fits in with said culture. They're gonna use the season to see what they've got, basically.

While I expect them to compete hard and never throw in the towel or "race to the bottom", I also expect about a 6-10 season and an extremely interesting offseason to follow. The 2018 draft will make or break this regime, period. I fully anticipate the Bills drafting a QB in round 1. That makes this year little more than a transitional season.