Bills' Roster Cuts to the 53 Man Limit

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your point is hurt by adding the highlighted nonsense.

If Reilly isn't active then why would the WR kept instead of him be dressed?

Jones

Matthews

Holmes

Tate

Those are your 4 active WR every game...........and Tate is a terrible WR.

Taylor was deathly afraid of throwing to Tate after some easy throws thumped off of his hard hands last season........ so basically that's 3 guys left who can run a route and catch a pass.

And of those 3, Jones and Matthews are best as slot guys so slot-only Philly Brown would be pointless to activate.

Reilly or not they need another wide-out that can track the ball and make plays downfield and Reilly was the closest thing they had to that beyond the first 3 WR.

I agree on Tate who really also isn't anything special as a kick returner. Matthews is a "body catcher" type and Jones hasn't looked all that good either. So why isn't Reilly on the squad? I haven't a clue.

Jones

Matthews

Holmes

Tate

Taylor was deathly afraid of throwing to Tate after some easy throws thumped off of his hard hands last season........ so basically that's 3 guys left who can run a route and catch a pass.

And of those 3, Jones and Matthews are best as slot guys so slot-only Philly Brown would be pointless to activate.

Reilly or not they need another wide-out that can track the ball and make plays downfield and Reilly was the closest thing they had to that beyond the first 3 WR.

Tate sucks and he is at best a mediocre return guy. Cutting Reilly and picking up Clay is a !@#$ing joke! These guys are starting to really scare me.

I cannot believe what a big deal is being made over this receiver. This is basically just a running team. Did anyone watch the Texans with Dennison? They ran and threw to Arian Foster until the guy couldn't even walk anymore, on top of using two tight ends constantly. And this many people are on here crying over some kid who looked ok against a bunch of backups? We didn't just cut a future all pro did we? Receivers in this offense will be lucky to see 12 targets in a game. Not a receiver, the whole group.

This coordinator does not design plays for the receivers very much. You're gonna see a ton of Clay O'Leary and shady all year long. Basically all his plays to receivers are just to keep the defense honest. There's a million moves going on I can't believe so much focus went to this guy. He'll be on the practice squad before you know it. Then you can freak out why he's not playing every week and we have scrubs out there.

Tate sucks and he is at best a mediocre return guy. Cutting Reilly and picking up Clay is a !@#$ing joke! These guys are starting to really scare me.

Second in the AFC and fith in the nfl in punt yards....that doesn't scream mediocre to me

The main problem was/is the inability to obtain a franchise quarterback, or even a good solid qb. Talent will always come and go...look at the Patriots it's not a genius front office like some think, they can release players, trade players, not resign some because they have no fear of it biting them in the ass because as long as they have Tom Brady they will be competing for the league crown

That goes without saying.......should have been taking QB's every year until they got one.

Even during the Jauron era QB was very critical........but the need for HOF quality at the position got wratcheted up AFTER Jauron......when the league started disallowing contact with QB's and WR's(over the middle) in 2011.

Prior to that the heavily concussed Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger were a couple hits from early retirement and no way Brady, Brees and Manning would have lasted until 40.

The next season QB's had 7 of the top 25 individual passing yardage seasons in NFL history.

That increased, league-mandated QB longevity threw competitive balance off significantly.......teams with good QB's no longer come back to the pack the way they once did.

Jones

Matthews

Holmes

Tate

i almost added this, he will be activated because he is a good ST player. That's what helped him stick with Carolina.

Btw, I won't be surprised if they add another WR in the next 24 hours...in addition to whathisname from. The panthers...

Edited by TPS

PER PFT

"Clay had a solid preseason, and his speed will give him a chance to help a Bills offense that lacks downfield weapons."

FWIW

Also come in handy in the punting game. He can drop the ball at the 1 yardline for the opposing team instead of needing to kick it.

I cannot believe what a big deal is being made over this receiver. This is basically just a running team. Did anyone watch the Texans with Dennison? They ran and threw to Arian Foster until the guy couldn't even walk anymore, on top of using two tight ends constantly. And this many people are on here crying over some kid who looked ok against a bunch of backups? We didn't just cut a future all pro did we? Receivers in this offense will be lucky to see 12 targets in a game. Not a receiver, the whole group.

This coordinator does not design plays for the receivers very much. You're gonna see a ton of Clay O'Leary and shady all year long. Basically all his plays to receivers are just to keep the defense honest. There's a million moves going on I can't believe so much focus went to this guy. He'll be on the practice squad before you know it. Then you can freak out why he's not playing every week and we have scrubs out there.

exactly.