National Anthem (Cameron Jefferson)

bmur66

You didn't link any study in the post I've been responding to.

Please re-link, if you don't mind, so I don't have to go back through the thread searching for it.

Also, before I dig into that study, which I will, can you tell me if it accounts for any of the issues I described about the other study?

There were a bunch of different articles and links. This was in one of the links I posted but it is just the abstract to the study.

https://ideas.repec.org/a/aea/aecrev/v94y2004i4p991-1013.html

This was another...

http://www.ehbonline.org/article/S1090-5138(15)00079-3/abstract

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with what Jerry Jones said. You have every right to protest, but while you are representing my team, you WILL stand for the national anthem!!!! If the Bills find that they are OK with a player disrespecting the country, than they lose me as a fan.

Hats off to Jerry Jones!!! (I can't believe that I am saying that, but totally agree with his position......)

Jerry Jones who regularly signs druggies, wife beaters, & pays hookers. But damn it, he's a true Patriot!

There were a bunch of different articles and links. This was in one of the links I posted but it is just the abstract to the study.

https://ideas.repec.org/a/aea/aecrev/v94y2004i4p991-1013.html

This was another...

http://www.ehbonline.org/article/S1090-5138(15)00079-3/abstract

/facepalm

Your first link is the study I linked the original content of, direct from the source.

You second is a broken link which leads nowhere.

Jerry Jones who regularly signs druggies, wife beaters, & pays hookers. But damn it, he's a true Patriot!

I kinda hate that there is now something I have to respect him for. As was well posted earlier, the First Amendment does not apply in the workplace. You do your job and play by the rules we make.

So published studies in scientific journals and from the University of Chicago are not good enough for you? And all I did was click on the first two entries in a list of numerous ones.

yes, they're not good enough for me

And try looking better for this type of stuff. There is a lot of crappy reading to make your head hurt on it. CRT, for example....uh maze zing lee stoop ud

/facepalm

Your first link is the study I linked the original content of, direct from the source.

My bad. When I saw yours was from a link with Duke.edu I thought it was different and didn't read through. The welcome onewas working. There seems to be a bunch of different articles on the topic.

/facepalm

Again, do you deny this is real on any level? Or do you just want to argue the studies and the links?

yes, they're not good enough for me

And try looking better for this type of stuff. There is a lot of crappy reading to make your head hurt on it. CRT, for example....uh maze zing lee stoop ud

Scientific studies with real researchers from solid academia doing actual work with real numbers from documented cases are not good, versus Boyst62 random opinion with no research and no academia and no work and no numbers and no documents. Got it.

If Jerry Jones tried to discipline a player for refusing to stand for the anthem, the NFLPA would get it overturned in a millisecond.

Scientific studies with real researchers from solid academia doing actual work with real numbers from documented cases are not good, versus Boyst62 random opinion with no research and no academia and no work and no numbers and no documents. Got it.

This is why I stopped going to PPP. It is the exact cast of characters you are arguing with now, claiming over and over that scientific studies are wrong without providing any of their own evidence. That's not how science works. You're talking to a brick wall.

If Jerry Jones tried to discipline a player for refusing to stand for the anthem, the NFLPA would get it overturned in a millisecond.

As it always does, it will come down to what's in writing. What does the CBA and his contract allow? But that's not helping Kaepernick right now, is it?

As it always does, it will come down to what's in writing. What does the CBA and his contract allow? But that's not helping Kaepernick right now, is it?

I'm pretty confident that refusing to stand for the anthem does not run afoul of the personal conduct policy or constitute other misconduct justifying discipline under the CBA. But you're right, none of that is much help to Kaep right now. No arbitrator can order a team to sign him.

Serious question: do you really think there is nothing to this?

When the study in question notes in it's own weaknesses that they have no idea if the employers ever saw the names on the resumes in an employment environment where automated processes have replaced human review, amongst other critiques? In a study that attempts to link name preference to racism at the expense of all other reasons for the discrepancy, and doesn't account for unusual "white" names, or ethnic "white" names in the process? Yes, I have my strong doubts. Edited by TakeYouToTasker