[closed]I was late for a meeting today

I was 20 min late for a meeting today. I had no good excuse. I have an important job, save lives, make a lot of money, and am a leader in my organization. I apologized to my team. We had a very productive day.

I'm an adult and was treated like an adult.

Sending home one of the most important players on your team is not discipline, it is not leadership and it certainly is not coaching. It is a publicity stunt.

I am willing to give McDermott a grace period. But I think what he did was foolish and exactly opposite of how to coach a teammate or hold a team member accountable. In fact it is basic HR and he overreached.

What happens when an assistant coach arrives late? What happens when McDermott makes a mistake?

For those professionals in the community, what do you say? How would you expect to be treated?

I was 20 min late for a meeting today. I had no good excuse. I have an important job, save lives, make a lot of money, and am a leader in my organization. I apologized to my team. We had a very productive day.

Sending home one of the most important players on your team is not discipline, it is not leadership and it certainly is not coaching. It is a publicity stunt.

I am willing to give McDermott a grace period. But I think what he did was foolish and exactly opposite of how to coach a teammate or hold a team member accountable. In fact it is basic HR and he overreached.

What happens when an assistant coach arrives late? What happens when McDermott makes a mistake?

For those professionals in the community, what do you say? How would you expect to be treated?

Are you being paid $94 million dollars ($60m guaranteed) not to be late?

Did you race down a croded street and wreck your car putting innocent men, women, and children in harms way?

Did have 2 failed abuses of substance in whike knowing so was a violation of the terms of your employment?

Did you break a federal law by possessing a substance that is a Felony?

Did you show up late for team meetings?

Did you tell the public you were going in rehab and then procced to not go into rehab?

Did your employer sit down with you and your tesm and make it clear that he/she expects all of you at work at a certain time, but then you failed to shoe while your supervisor was waiting gor you?

Let me know when this sounds like your situation..

Dareus is a HABITUAL OFFENDER and is treated as such. You act as if these problems just started happening.

If it happens at my workplace multiple times as it has with Dareus, you get kicked out of the military, regardless of talent level or paygrade salary. Done.

It's called LIFE, and Dareus the man child needs to just go away.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

It is a given that you knew when you wrote this that it would instantly draw out the Dareus haters. However, I agree with you totally!

It is a given that you knew when you wrote this that it would instantly draw out the Dareus haters. However, I agree with you totally!

This isn't about HATERS... this is about firing a man who acts like a child and fails to live up to his contractual obligations.. I have one that works for me and he is well on his way to being booted out. That's what happens in the real world when competence is required.

Dareus is a HABITUAL OFFENDER and is treated as such. You act as if these problems just started happening.

If it happens at my workplace multiple times as it has with Dareus, you get kicked out of the military, regardless of talent level or paygrade salary. Done.

It's called LIFE, and Dareus the man child needs to just go away.

Both McD and Beane have gone way out of their way to say Dareus, like everyone, had a total clean slate when they got here. So either he wasn't a repeat offender to them or they were lying.

Just sayin.'

Were you late two times for a setup meeting the week proceeding the 20 min group meeting and have a co-worker challenge you to a fight because of it?

That never happened.

This isn't about HATERS... this is about firing a man who acts like a child and fails to live up to his contractual obligations.. I have one that works for me and he is well on his way to being booted out. That's what happens in the real world when competence is required.

He is competent at his job though. It's like firing your lead sales person because he is late. Maybe you get rid of the problem of being late and the junior sales people work slightly harder, but you sell a whole lot less stuff.

I mean is there an epidemic of players mimicking Dareus's behavior? Why are we making the Bills a worse team just to spite someone that's behavior seems to have minimal impact? Take corrective action against Dareus to try and correct the issue absolutely, but boot him out? Nonsense.

Edited by What a Tuel

As a professional when someone is 20 minutes late for a meeting with me I assume they saw no importance in the meeting and a disregard for me and my time.

He is competent at his job though. It's like firing your lead sales person because he is late. Maybe you get rid of the problem of being late and the junior sales people work slightly harder, but you sell a whole lot less stuff.

I mean is there an epidemic of players mimicking Dareus's behavior? Why are we making the Bills a worse team just to spite someone that's behavior seems to have minimal impact? Take corrective action against Dareus to try and correct the issue absolutely, but boot him out? Nonsense.

The good thing is that no matter how many times you all try to justify his behavior, he will not last and lose his job, because experienced adults are running our organization.

Do you feel the same way if it's your top employee versus just a workerbot?

So now we are splitting hairs after justifying his misconduct. That's only more proof of the poor foundation on which your whole argument rests.

The good thing is that no matter how many times you all try to justify his behavior, he will not last and lose his job, because experienced adults are running our organization.

So now we are splitting hairs after justifying his misconduct. That's only more proof of the poor foundation on which your whole argument rests.

I haven't justified his conduct. I said the punishment fit the crime a dozen times.

I thinking getting rid of one of your 2-3 top employees for it, as some suggested, would be stupid. And that star players, whether it is fair or not, or right or not, exists and exists for good reason.

So your argument is essentially "why did they disrespect him after he disrespected them?", and that since you are super duper important with a big paycheck too and got away with it, he should too?

And if Marcell is aiming to be treated like an adult, perhaps he should begin to act like one.

As a professional when someone is 20 minutes late for a meeting with me I assume they saw no importance in the meeting and a disregard for me and my time.

Exactly. They are saying with their actions "my time is more important than yours". Some people care about that stuff.

It matters whether you do what you say you are going to do.

Are you normally a good, responsible employee and this was more/less an out of the ordinary one time thing?

Or are you late often and considered a bit of a habitual offender?

And are you normally pretty attentive during these meetings or do you occasionally fall asleep during them?

(although I don't know if the report/rumors of Dareus napping are actually true)

If it was my first offense, I'd expect some leniency. But if it is something I had a bit of a history of doing, it would be understandable if my employer sent me home for the day (and I've actually seen that happen before - someone get sent home without pay (which probably didn't even happen to Dareus)).