Just talked to a former player from the SB years

major

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good measure of how fans feel about this team is easily determined. Take a look at the re-sale prices and activity on the NFL Ticket Exchange. It is a BUYERS market.

I am an out-of-town season ticket holder. We have had our season tickets since the Bills' inception. Although I have lived in Miami for the past 30 plus years, I have kept the tickets. I try to sell the tickets to the games I cannot go to and try to at least break even at the end of the season.

In the years that I have been able to sell tickets on the ticket exchange, this is the worst market there has ever been for sellers in my experience.

Maybe at some point people will get excited about this team. No matter what one thinks about the "process" or the new regime, the re-sale ticket market is speaking loudly and clearly about whether and to what extent people are willing to spend their own money to buy tickets to see the Bills.

As a follow up to my above post regarding the market's reflection of how fans feel about this team, there are several seats located around the 50 yard line (including my own) that have been listed on the NFL Ticket Exchange (and other sites) for $25 or less for tonight's game, and no one has bought them.

Edited by Peter

As a follow up to my above post regarding the market's reflection of how fans feel about this team, there are several seats located around the 50 yard line (including my own) that have been listed on the NFL Ticket Exchange (and other sites) for $25 or less for tonight's game, and no one has bought them.

I have loved this team for 57 years, but I wouldn't spend a nickel to see the 4th preseason game when the backups are playing.

17 years have killed what we should have..............

Patience.

People are already calling this regime a failure when they haven't played one REAL game yet. Downright laughable.

McDermott and Beane have the keys to the franchise. Let's give them a chance to not drive it into the Niagra River.

Patience.

People are already calling this regime a failure when they haven't played one REAL game yet. Downright laughable.

McDermott and Beane have the keys to the franchise. Let's give them a chance to not drive it into the Niagra River.

This.

We should embrace them nuking the whole putrid thing, IMO.

Not sure about top 5 defense and top 10 offense, but definitely a formidable group that with continuity on offense and improvement/better coachin and scheme fit on defense could've been a playoff team.

They blew everything up because apparently Whaleys work was that awful.(It really wasn't)

They blew everything up because by starting over from scratch, they give themselves 3-5 years of continued sucking ... just like they've done repeatedly over the last 17 years.

They blew everything up because by starting over from scratch, they give themselves 3-5 years of continued sucking ... just like they've done repeatedly over the last 17 years.

No, they blew it up because IT DOES NOT WORK! Where are your playoff appearances, Division Titles and Superbowls. You cannot keep putting a band aid on a bullet wound. I know your frustrated as am I but this is the ONLY way.

The Bills should have won the 1st and 4th Super Bowls.

1st they were the superior team.

4th the Cowboys were beaten and ready to lose. Aikman couldn't see straight. If Thurman doesn't fumble right after half time I think they win that game.

Did anyone see (I think it was the 4 falls series) where a couple of Cowboys players were saying that the Bills were whipping their butts but seemed nervous and tense like they were just waiting for it all to fall apart?

In any case, they had #4 right there and blew it. 13-6 lead, with the ball after the half. If it gets to 20-6 with Aikman not knowing what planet he was on I think they take the game.

Now all that aside, guys who had been superstars their entire lives and were used to being in big spots all the time saying "this team should be like us" doesn't mean much to me.

No, they blew it up because IT DOES NOT WORK! Where are your playoff appearances, Division Titles and Superbowls. You cannot keep putting a band aid on a bullet wound. I know your frustrated as am I but this is the ONLY way.

Only they haven't blown everything up.

Why can't the Bills go somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-8 this season, so that they are "in the hunt" until the last week or two?

Exciting season still and nobody is going to come make you give up your draft picks if you win 8-9 games. You get to keep them.

IF that happens I would say that is genius.

Patience.

You can give them a chance if you want, but I'm done with patience. I.AM.SICK.OF.LOSING. I'm 67 years old, so I actually remember what the "Glory Years" Bills were like. I also remember the crappy, uncompetitive teams the Bills fielded during most of the 1970s and 1980s, including the ones that went zero for the 1970s against the Miami Carp.

While the league has changed since adoption of FA, the Bills haven't changed their pattern of managing player personnel to maximize team profit since at least 2001. The kinds of moves that have been made this off-season are simply echoes of the moves made by previous regimes over the last 17 year, which suggests that OBD's "new regime" is following the same losing pattern all the loser "old regimes" followed. Names and faces have changed but the crappy 21st century Bills remain the crappy 21st century Bills ... closer to the awful 1970s Bills than the great 1990s Bills. McDermott and Jauron are apparently soul mates when it comes to offensive vision.

You can give them a chance if you want, but I'm done with patience. I.AM.SICK.OF.LOSING. I'm 67 years old, so I actually remember what the "Glory Years" Bills were like. I also remember the crappy, uncompetitive teams the Bills fielded during most of the 1970s and 1980s, including the ones that went zero for the 1970s against the Miami Carp.

While the league has changed since adoption of FA, the Bills haven't changed their pattern of managing player personnel to maximize team profit since at least 2001. The kinds of moves that have been made this off-season are simply echoes of the moves made by previous regimes over the last 17 year, which suggests that OBD's "new regime" is following the same losing pattern all the loser "old regimes" followed. Names and faces have changed but the crappy 21st century Bills remain the crappy 21st century Bills ... closer to the awful 1970s Bills than the great 1990s Bills. McDermott and Jauron are apparently soul mates when it comes to offensive vision.

if anyone here finds themselves in this sort of state at 67 years of age, please turn off the tv, and re-evaluate your life.

Not sure about top 5 defense and top 10 offense, but definitely a formidable group that with continuity on offense and improvement/better coachin and scheme fit on defense could've been a playoff team.

They blew everything up because apparently Whaleys work was that awful.(It really wasn't)

Yes, actually, it was awful. At least from a draft perspective.

Shaq Lawson - Case in point.

Just spoke in person with a former Bill from our glory days (not giving his name-sorry). He felt our coach and GM are handling this all wrong. He felt the message the coach and GM are sending to current players is that this year is a wash. He said that is a poor way to build a team (he also said that they are turning loyal fans away). He went into detail about how they should have called in each player for an interview about where they were going to get a feel if they were a fit or not. He is not sure our current regime has done this. I take his opinion seriously because he used to play.

Stop making up stories you are still living in moms basement

Just spoke in person with a former Bill from our glory days (not giving his name-sorry). He felt our coach and GM are handling this all wrong. He felt the message the coach and GM are sending to current players is that this year is a wash. He said that is a poor way to build a team (he also said that they are turning loyal fans away). He went into detail about how they should have called in each player for an interview about where they were going to get a feel if they were a fit or not. He is not sure our current regime has done this. I take his opinion seriously because he used to play.

Well...

That's all fine...Everybody has an opinion and I'm certainly not going to say an ex-player doesn't know a thing or two...

But does this guy seriously think this Bills roster was going anywhere as it was? Before the trades? And interview the players about the direction of the Franchise? Most of them won't be here anyway when the plan is complete a few years down the road...

Here's the message they are sending to this Bills fan of almost 50 years...

They have a plan...You may not like it...You may not agree with it...It may or may not work...But they have an actual plan to build a contending team down the road...In the meantime they are going to try to win...But the reality is that may not happen yet...And they know it...

They have 12 picks combined in the 1st-4th rounds in the next two NFL Drafts...One of those picks next year WILL be the next try at a Franchise QB...Take it to the bank...Those 12 players, the 2017 Draft, and a few others will be the core of this team moving forward...

They are going that route...Will it work? Who knows? But I respect it...And I'm about as skeptical of all things Bills as they come...But I'm not even close to being turned away...I think that part of his opinion is the least accurate...And I think most Bills fans understand what they are trying to do, whether they like it or not...Maybe these "turned away' fans loved that moron Marrone, or the blowhard Ryan? Maybe they thought Whaley was a genius while he was trading away Draft picks like they were the plague for the likes of Ragland and Watkins?...Why turn away now when there are actually folks with a modicum of intelligence in charge that have an actual plan to get us a freaking QB?...I mean...They won't be perfect...I get that...But at least they can see things are screwed as-is...And they realize it's going to take some serious effort and a Franchise QB to turn this thing around...

I'l wait a while to pass judgement...

Edited by KOKBILLS

if anyone here finds themselves in this sort of state at 67 years of age, please turn off the tv, and re-evaluate your life.

If you are in your 60's and have followed this team since its inception, feel free to critique his comments. I love the Bills and always support them but to be a fan all of these years... patience wears thin.

Seriously. At 46, I give about 1/10 the schit about the Bills as I did when I was 26. I figure by 56, I'll have reached Chef Jim status.