This is how epically bad we are.

Ahhhh, that's where you're wrong. Now I see. You're putting the hottest before three carriage or somethibg like that.

If I bring a HC/GM in, I want THEIR vision and not the other way around.

No i get it. I want to know their vision, but if their vision involves getting rid of the young talent, id probably consider other visions.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. We gave up a 2015 1st round pick and 2015 4th round pick to move up and get Watkins. He is gone 3yrs later and missed like 30% of his games.

2. Cyrus was our 2nd round pick in 2014. He is an abomination.

3. Our first pick in 2015 was 2nd round pick Darby. He is gone 2 years later.

4. Our 2nd pick in 2015, 3rd rounder John Miller, is barely a starter and may get beat out by Ducasse, who is horrible.

5. Our 3rd pick in 2015, 5th rounder Karlos Williams isn't even in the NFL anymore.

So to recap: We missed on our 2014 1st round pick; we gave up our 2015 1st round pick; we missed on our 2014 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 3rd round pick.

The 2014-2015 draft classes have set this team back at least 5 years. A blind monkey could have thrown darts at the draft board and had more success.

There's no debating that prior to this year things have been a debacle.

But you have two choices:

1) you can be saddle the new FO/Coaching Staff/Players with things that have happened in the past even though they may have had no part in it and could hold back the potential.

2) recognize that Rome wasn't built in a day and to get where you want to be it's going to take time and likely be a painful process, but at least you empowered the people you hired and brought in so there's total accountability and no excuses.

I choose 2. Amazes me how many people are obsessed with 1.

Its comes down to this unshakeable optimism that things cannot possibly get worse which is especially confusing since these past three years are the high water mark in the new millennium. Not only can things get worse but they have been worse for much of the last 20 years.

Its the same story every time a new coach/GM comes in.

Yeah bottoming out usually just leads to a tougher environment to build a team in and subsequently more bottoming out.

Bills fans haven't endured 5 or 6 years of 2-5 win teams........it can definitely get worse.

What McDermott has done since his arrival doesn't add up...........keep tons of veterans and trade away young talent.

Yeah bottoming out usually just leads to a tougher environment to build a team in and subsequently more bottoming out.

Bills fans haven't endured 5 or 6 years of 2-5 win teams........it can definitely get worse.

What McDermott has done since his arrival doesn't add up...........keep tons of veterans and trade away young talent.

I think he wants to keep the older vets that are leaders and can teach the young guy we bring in the next few years...I feel the younger guys we are getting rid of is due to wrong scheme fit, attitude, or injury history...make no mistake, if this team could trade Marcell Dareus, I'm sure they would in a heartbeat...he is not a McD kinda player either.

Edited by JaCrispy

Yup.

It doesn't ever have to be a full blow up. Loads of teams have not bottomed out and still rebuilt. I've never seen a team dump young talent, like McBeane has.

I think he wants to keep the older vets that are leaders and can teach the young guy we bring in the next few years...I feel the younger guys we are getting rid of is due to wrong scheme fit, attitude, or injury history...make no mistake, if this team could trade Marcell Dareus, I'm sure they would in a heartbeat...he is not a McD kinda player either.

....Fat Albert II is dead weight until 2019.....and he knows it........

You summed it up BADOL ... Trusting the process is a whole lot of blind faith... in zero track record. Whose to say that all of these young players are a " mess"? And you're right about the 4-5 year rebuild. With this purge of spent draft capital ( that likely contained some useful talent) McBeane team are betting on themselves ... Big.... Thinking they could produce a major winner in 3 years is now looking like they would have to reproduce some of the best drafting stretches in NFL history... '90s Cowboys, late '80s- early '90s Bills , current Seahawks etc. I don't like those odds

Comes down to ownership, unfortunately.

An owner that knows what he's doing wouldn't be in this situation.......but unfortunately TPegs is in way over his head wrt NFL football.

A good owner functions like an editor.......there are times when less is more and things like less Ryans hired and less trading of young talent.......less change in general.....need to be.

I don't know what kinda' coach Anthony Lynn is going to be but if TPegs had just hired him I suspect we are thinking 10-11 wins right now.

Maybe that would be short term gains and McDermott is the next Belichick but it sure feels like a lotta' hole digging from McD and Beane to this point.

Comes down to ownership, unfortunately.

An owner that knows what he's doing wouldn't be in this situation.......but unfortunately TPegs is in way over his head wrt NFL football.

A good owner functions like an editor.......there are times when less is more and things like less Ryans hired and less trading of young talent.......less change in general.....need to be.

I don't know what kinda' coach Anthony Lynn is going to be but if TPegs had just hired him I suspect we are thinking 10-11 wins right now.

Maybe that would be short term gains and McDermott is the next Belichick but it sure feels like a lotta' hole digging from McD and Beane to this point.

This is how I feel about it. Lynn shouldve been named HC just like Schwartz shouldve been made HC years ago. We're constantly chasing our tail.

That being said im not giving up on MCD. He may still be a good choice but this may take a while. I felt that we were so close to being a 10-6 wild card team. I just want playoffs at this point. One time.

This is how I feel about it. Lynn shouldve been named HC just like Schwartz shouldve been made HC years ago. We're constantly chasing our tail.

That being said im not giving up on MCD. He may still be a good choice but this may take a while. I felt that we were so close to being a 10-6 wild card team. I just want playoffs at this point. One time.

This team wasn't close to being that good and certainly not close to winning a super bowl. How many good teams have the Bills beat recently. Maybe 1? Green Bay a couple years ago. Other than that it's a wasteland of beating bad and mediocre teams and getting killed by the good teams.

What makes you think Lynn or Schwartz are better than McDermott?

I think all this speculation about McDermott is WAY WAY to premature.

If it takes a while......it won't happen.

It's one thing to survive a couple .500 seasons but once a coach gets the stank of losing on him he becomes a loser in the eyes of his players and that is almost irreversible nowadays.

So a vote of confidence from the owner is actually the easiest thing to get and carries no weight with modern pro athletes.

The players know that there is no excuse for being terrible in a league where turnarounds can be made so quickly.

Another thing: what does a 2019 4th round pick do for us exactly. Fine, lets say Ragland still was not recovered from his injury. He doesnt have to start day 1. If anything he would be depth at an already weak position. The guy was the starting ILB for an elite Alabama defense. We cant use that talent at any point in the next 2yrs? His salary cap hit was minor.

Another thing: what does a 2019 4th round pick do for us exactly. Fine, lets say Ragland still was not recovered from his injury. He doesnt have to start day 1. If anything he would be depth at an already weak position. The guy was the starting ILB for an elite Alabama defense. We cant use that talent at any point in the next 2yrs? His salary cap hit was minor.

We need a proven 3rd stringer. Can't afford to waste a roster spot on someone who may pan out where there are proven players available who already haven't panned out.

1. We gave up a 2015 1st round pick and 2015 4th round pick to move up and get Watkins. He is gone 3yrs later and missed like 30% of his games.

2. Cyrus was our 2nd round pick in 2014. He is an abomination.

3. Our first pick in 2015 was 2nd round pick Darby. He is gone 2 years later.

4. Our 2nd pick in 2015, 3rd rounder John Miller, is barely a starter and may get beat out by Ducasse, who is horrible.

5. Our 3rd pick in 2015, 5th rounder Karlos Williams isn't even in the NFL anymore.

Like I've said 100 times I cannot believe Whaley lasted here as long as he did. For the last 3 years I was saying fire Whaley. He won't even be hired as a scout he was so bad.