Tyrod in Concussion protocol (update - Cleared 9/5)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone thinks Peterman is better/more prepared than Tyrod right now.

I can only speak for myself ... but I've simply had/seen enough of Tyrod Taylor. We know what he's capable of; and more importantly what he's incapable of.

QBs don't get better at anything in their 7th year. Ever.

Where I'm coming from is ... why bother? Why put a QB out there who you KNOW stinks?

The only reason would be to give Peterman a little more preparation. But as long as TT is the starter, TT will get the 1st team reps.

So just do it. Rip it off like a bandaid and bench the proven crap QB and throw the MAYBE out on the field to see what he's made of.

This team wouldn't make the playoffs this year if they had Joe Montana in his prime. If they're not going to win enough to make the postseason, then they might as well lose enough to get a top 5 pick.

Idk about that gug. I jus saw the bill walsh WCO special on "A Football Life" Montana knew the hell out of that offense, grew up in that offense became a GOAT in that offense. Every step from the amount of steps in each drop back to the hitch up step before the throw is perfectly timed and measured. This is onekf the reasons why the Ravens were batting down passes so fast cuz they knew the timing in a 3 step drop I def think Prime Montana could take this team to the Wild Card.

Idk about that gug. I jus saw the bill walsh WCO special on "A Football Life" Montana knew the hell out of that offense, grew up in that offense became a GOAT in that offense. Every step from the amount of steps in each drop back to the hitch up step before the throw is perfectly timed and measured. This is onekf the reasons why the Ravens were batting down passes so fast cuz they knew the timing in a 3 step drop I def think Prime Montana could take this team to the Wild Card.

We need a time machine! We can work out the cap space in old timer dollars! :)

First he has to get his eyes uncrossed and remember what planet he's on. Doesn't matter who you thing should be The Guy, first concern is always his health. That concept seems to get lost as everybody takes one side or the other.

Im sure we all agree on that, the debate is who is better rite now if both at 100% health. Who gives us a better chance to win vs get the rookie snaps to see what we got there. Theres solid reasoning on both sides but anyone saying NP is better than Tyrod when you havent seen NP throw over 22yds or play more than 4 quarters with real bullets is drawf status short sighted.

We need a time machine! We can work out the cap space in old timer dollars! :)

My old pal Doc Browns got one. I know hes around here somewhere saw him on the game day thread. I know he had kids with a broad we met back in the 1800s a while ago but im sure were gonna need more plutonium for the flux capacitor to grab Montana and bring him to buffalo for the season......Im just worried when he gets here Bean might trade him for a 2nd rounder and a 3rd string CB since he didnt draft him

:lol:

This offfense wouldn't be bad if we had a guy, like, say, Sammy Watkins of the Rams.

We had him and Bob Woods last year. And the year before. Oh, yeah, and one of the best RBs in football. And our offense still couldn't score when it needed to.

The excuses ran out last year.

We had him and Bob Woods last year. And the year before. Oh, yeah, and one of the best RBs in football. And our offense still couldn't score when it needed to.

Scoring wasn't the problem. Sometimes "when you need to" means the defense sucks. That was last year.

Now we have all new problems, so I'll try to focus on the current state of possible disaster.

If you put the offense of either of the last two years, with the Schwartz defense, we likely make the playoffs one or both of the years. And we could have had that.

If you put the offense of either of the last two years, with the Schwartz defense, we likely make the playoffs one or both of the years. And we could have had that.

But Rex had a really cool truck! And the press conferences were pretty fun.....

It sucks thinking about, huh? It would have been great if that scenario had somehow worked out - Tyrod/Roman offense & Schwartz defense.

But both Rex and Schwartz have pretty massive egos when it comes to running their defenses. I really don't see much chance of that relationship lasting very long, even if somehow both of them had agreed to work together.

And if they had kept Schwartz as coordinator and hired Hue Jackson, I think the chances of Whaley signing Tyrod would have been much, much slimmer IMO, because TT would have represented actual competition to EJ. Hue Jackson was so desperate to get a head coaching job that I don't think he would have fought much with Whaley about trying to work with EJ (for at least a season anyway).

Plus, without Rex we wouldn't have had Greg Roman, his run scheme and Richie Incognito to help make it work so well.

So, who knows how things would have actually worked out.

It sucks thinking about, huh? It would have been great if that scenario had somehow worked out - Tyrod/Roman offense & Schwartz defense.

But both Rex and Schwartz have pretty massive egos when it comes to running their defenses. I really don't see much chance of that relationship lasting very long, even if somehow both of them had agreed to work together.

And if they had kept Schwartz as coordinator and hired Hue Jackson, I think the chances of Whaley signing Tyrod would have been much, much slimmer IMO, because TT would have represented actual competition to EJ. Hue Jackson was so desperate to get a head coaching job that I don't think he would have fought much with Whaley about trying to work with EJ (for at least a season anyway).

Plus, without Rex we wouldn't have had Greg Roman, his run scheme and Richie Incognito to help make it work so well.

So, who knows how things would have actually worked out.

Yep. Good post. And we maybe wouldn't have Tyrod. Whaley liked him but maybe he doesn't come here. Who knows whether Hue Jackson liked him a lot or not. There wasn't a lot of options. Tyrod and his agent could easily have looked around the league and decided the Bills gave him the best chance to play regardless of Rex. I do know the Bills were close to hiring Jackson. He was their top guy before Rex wowed Terry and Kim and Brandon, and Whaley was on board even if Jackson was his top choice.

I'm at the point now where it's year 3. We know what Tyrod is....I don't really have any interest in seeing it anymore. Peterman might end up being a pedestrian career backup....or he might not. We don't know what Peterman is. I am much more interested in finding that out, then in seeing what we already know with Tyrod. That's just my opinion.

It's also funny how Sal and everyone on WGR keep saying Tyrod shouldn't lose the job unless he does something to lose it? Not just allow Petermans play in the preseason to take it? That's not how the big boy world works unfortunately. Matt Cassel did nothing to "lose" the job in the preseason a few years ago. But Tyrod Taylor went out and won it based on his play. Now the same guy is underwhelming and looking meh...and another kid is out playing him and IMO deserves the job. Let the best guy for the offense play. This offense is a drop back and throw from the pocket...it's not hard to see which QB is better at that.

Did you watch the game last night? Or any of them, for that matter? Notice all the plays from shotgun for Peterman? Did you notice they even moved him around a bit for some passes?

The offensive play calling will be predicated on who's under center, and if you watched Peterman there were plenty of plays they gave him that're clearly more for Taylor... except Taylor's preseason snaps consisted mostly of plays under center where Peterman seems a bit more comfortable.

Hmmm... coincidence?

I think you guys have heard me say it, making plays from the pocket -- I think we've tried to force that on him and work on that, and I think he's gotten better. I think he'll be better prepared. We know he can move around, the boots, the waggles, all that stuff -- you know, the zone reads. We know he can do that and we'll definitely plan to use that in the season. But, I think in practice you've been able to see the improvement in the pocket and even some plays in the game.

That was Brandon Beane yesterday.

Shocking... it's like there's a plan here and Taylor's involved in it.

Three or four preseason games don't earn you the starting job in the NFL. Training camp does.

Sure, preseason means something. But some of you make it seem like that's all or even most of the evaluation tool coaches actually use. Too funny :doh:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

All three QBs in that camp rotated with the #1 offense and Cassel was the clear #3 from practices and Preseason games. Not even close to the same scenario. Peterman wasn't even performing better than Yates in camp and only was promoted to #2 after Yates failed so badly against MIN in the preseason opener. Nice try.

Yep.

Fickle people with short memories.

Our offense ended up 10th in the NFL in scoring with 24.9 PPG. The defense let us down badly, notably by allowing 4th quarter comebacks. If not for the defense, we would have been contenders for the playoffs.

That doesn't mean that our offense was blameless, just that they were good enough to win more games than they did.

I agree with this to great extent.

However, Shady is the difference, IMO. With the Schwartz defense and an offense with LeSean McCoy, this would have been a playoff team with ANY - and I do mean any - QB the Bills have had since Kelly retired.

The defense was not good last year.

This whole "10th in scoring," crap is just that ... crap. 10th in scoring because of garbage time. When you have the best running game in football and you're "10th in scoring," but have the worst passing game in the league - that is when your entire team sucks. Which has been the case for the past two years.

My point is that a significant part of that sucktitude has been at the QB position. Yes - the defense was bad, too. And Special Teams were not good. But that doesn't excuse having the worst passing game in the league.

It's already clear that we need another QB. That's the only point I'm trying to really make, here.

And if you'd rather keep playing with the toy that has worked like crap for two years, then you should not expect to have a lot of fun watching it do its thing for another year.

Gug, seriously, this campaign of yours has gotten very old.

Does anyone think Taylor is "Magical Franchise Man", the top-five QB who will lead us to eternal contention? No.

Does anyone who is honestly looking at facts think he's "worked like crap" the last 2 years? No. He has not been a good conventional pocket passer, but he has taken care of the ball when he's thrown, thrown above-average for the league completions, and provided a serious running threat.

And he's been fun to watch, a lot of the time.

Gug, seriously, this campaign of yours has gotten very old.

Does anyone think Taylor is "Magical Franchise Man", the top-five QB who will lead us to eternal contention? No.

Does anyone who is honestly looking at facts think he's "worked like crap" the last 2 years? No. He has not been a good conventional pocket passer, but he has taken care of the ball when he's thrown, thrown above-average for the league completions, and provided a serious running threat.

And he's been fun to watch, a lot of the time.

AMEN. WE ARE GOING TO SUCK EITHER WAY THIS YEAR. WE MIGHT AS WELL ENJOY WATCHING TT MAKE SOME PLAYS.