GDT: Preseason Game 3 - Bills vs. Ravens at 7 PM ET

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch: Sean McDermott Postgame Press Conference (7:39)

The Bills head coach talks about the loss to the Ravens, the injury to Tyrod Taylor, and the decision to not play Marcell Dareus.

Top 3 things we learned from Bills-Ravens

top-3-8-26-story.jpg

The offense had an unexpected injury, but Charles Clay could be in store for a career season, Peterman steps in and the run defense looks ready to be top 10 unit.

FWIW, I watched the first half of the Rams game.....in 2 quarters of action, Sammy had 0 catches and 0 targets.

Robert Woods had 2 catches

Goff threw an interception and had a sack/fumble returned for a TD.

This means nothing except that maybe Goff isn't a good QB. I know what Sammy was able to do here in the second half of 2015 season. He may not even stay in LA. Perhaps their OC isn't smart enough to get him targets either, but it's preseason so who knows.

From what it looks like they are forcing their scheme on these players. Tyrod doesn't fit this boring, timing offense IMO.

And I've beaten the Watkins horse enough, but I'll do it again. Awful trade.

Watkins is still a decoy for the Rams. One target no catches last night.

people still acting like Watkins will be a 1st ballot HoFer. Guy couldnt stay on the field, and didnt have a QB that can use him correctly. Final year of his rookie contract, with an injury issue that often repeats itself in WRs. Really surprised the FO moved on from him? If, he mbe, had one solid full season of work, 2yrs removed from his lingering injury, and Tyrod showed any kind of improvement, Watkins would still be here.

Not gonna shell out for a FA WR with Watkins' history. So the FO gets what it can for him. Seems logical.

Way this preseason has gone, would be lucky to hit .500 even with Watkins, then what? Another mid first round draft pick with no playoffs? Heard this song before, and it sucks. We cant get free agents to come here, so we gotta build through the draft. end of story. Now we have draft capital, instead of reaching and being caught in draft hell, like the last 10 years.

Find the QB, give him 3 years to learn, Brady retires, then mbe we're relevant again.

people still acting like Watkins will be a 1st ballot HoFer. Guy couldnt stay on the field, and didnt have a QB that can use him correctly. Final year of his rookie contract, with an injury issue that often repeats itself in WRs. Really surprised the FO moved on from him? If, he mbe, had one solid full season of work, 2yrs removed from his lingering injury, and Tyrod showed any kind of improvement, Watkins would still be here.

Not gonna shell out for a FA WR with Watkins' history. So the FO gets what it can for him. Seems logical.

Way this preseason has gone, would be lucky to hit .500 even with Watkins, then what? Another mid first round draft pick with no playoffs? Heard this song before, and it sucks. We cant get free agents to come here, so we gotta build through the draft. end of story. Now we have draft capital, instead of reaching and being caught in draft hell, like the last 10 years.

Find the QB, give him 3 years to learn, Brady retires, then mbe we're relevant again.

great, looking forward to another 3-4 years of no playoffs

great, looking forward to another 3-4 years of no playoffs

hey, im not looking forward to it either, but we dont have the most important player on the field on this roster right now. QB. Besides, Brady plays for 2-3 more years, we arent making the playoffs anyways.

hey, im not looking forward to it either, but we dont have the most important player on the field on this roster right now. QB. Besides, Brady plays for 2-3 more years, we arent making the playoffs anyways.

I get the QB thing but you need more than just a QB to win in this league...you tear down this roster and it will take years to rebuild. So the Bills don't make the playoffs because of Brady?

This is by and large the most negative group of fans I've encountered since joining. Stop. It's preseason. Who gives a crap how they looked today? I think this is the best defense we've had in a long time, and I believe our offense will be fine come opening day.

I appreciate how much everybody seems to care about this team, but complaining about how great Sammy Watkins was going to be (he's just tearing it up in LA) and Schwartz's defense....serves no purpose. It's like looking at an old yearbook and talking about how much better life would be had you ended up with a different spouse. We're married to the Bills, and we're committed for good and bad, mostly bad, but it's a lifelong sentence.

It's 7 a.m. in St. Louis, and the sun is out. My kid has a baseball game at 10:45, and I hope he has a big game. It's his birthday too. Life is good.

LeSean McCoy: "Learn From Our Mistakes" (1:15)

RB LeSean McCoy talks about the injury to Tyrod Taylor, Nathan Peterman's play and more.

Peterman: "We've Gotta Do Better As An Offense" (2:47)
QB Nathan Peterman talks about his play versus the Ravens, his rapport with Zay Jones and Charles Clay, costly penalties and more.

Preston Brown: "Got A Lot to Improve On" (1:22)

Bills Linebacker Preston Brown addressed the media following the 13-9 loss in Baltimore topics include; 1st team defense not allowing a touchdown, on field communication, and flying around the football.

Lorenzo Alexander: "More Turnovers" (3:33)
Bills Linebacker Lorenzo Alexander spoke to the media after the 13-9 loss in Baltimore topics include; forcing turnovers, 1st team defense not allowing a touchdown, and Center Eric Wood signing a contract extension.

Watch: Bills Fall to Ravens; Taylor Injured (2:27)
Buffalo's Tyrod Taylor was knocked out of the game in the first quarter, and despite a good defensive effort, the offense couldn't get much going, in a 13-9 loss to the Ravens.

Bills Today: Battle continues at right cornerback

bills-today-8-27-story.jpg

The right cornerback competition may go down to the wire, Zay Jones' workload could be heavier than we anticipate and why this offensive scheme could fit LeSean McCoy perfectly.

Cardale Jones - what did Whaley see in this guy? Doesn't even look ready to play for Ohio State, which may be why he didn't after that one fluke run.

Cardale Jones? Huh?

Batted Balls............what was the differential ?

6 to nothing?

Maybe because Baltimore game plans for that, and we don't....?

Hardpaws likes to win even in PS

Their D has allowed very few points.

Repost from another thread:

Last night was the first time I saw them play at length. This team will be lucky to win five games. The defense looks better (it could not look worse than Rex's) but the offense will score 8-10 points less per game than last year. Their scheme change on offense has turned a great running team into a trash fire.

I lay it at the feet of the Pegulas. Hiring Rex Ryan was just about the worst thing they could possibly have done when they took over. I don't have any faith in their hand-chosen coach and GM. This team was on the brink of making a leap forward when Marone quit. If they had let Whaley keep Schwartz and his scheme, hire Hue Jackson or one of the other offense-minded head coaching candidates who were willing to work with Schwartz and his crew, this team would have been in the playoffs the last two seasons.

Instead they are trading away or otherwise losing their best players and headed for a top-ten draft pick.

Because Schwartz wanted to be a HC instead of DC and the Bills saw how he did in Detroit..........

Schwartz didn't want to work for Rex, so he took a year off before going to the Eagles.........

Rex forced Schwartz out the door. Rex was insisting they use his system and he would call the shots. It was impossible for Schwartz to work under him in that situation--Rex wanted to change the defense.