McCoy is getting trolled hard over Kaepernick comments

For the most part, I believe in the pc culture. I don't think it's okay for people to make racist, sexist, or other hateful remarks. Certainly they're allowable under law and should be. But that doesn't mean they need to be allowed by society's unspoken rules of decency.

But sometimes I think we're too pc as a society. Shady offered a balanced, reasonable criticism of a fellow player. But I guess Kap is off-limits because of his political stance. It's nonsense.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most part, I believe in the pc culture. I don't think it's okay for people to make racist, sexist, or other hateful remarks. Certainly they're allowable under law and should be. But that doesn't mean they need to be allowed by society's unspoken rules of decency.

But sometimes I think we're too pc as a society. Shady offered a balanced, reasonable criticism of a fellow player. But I guess Kap is off-limits because of his political stance. It's nonsense.

Kap is off limits because he isn't good enough to bring along the baggage.

It's not a right to play in the NFL... ITS A PRIVILEGE

Kap is off limits because he isn't good enough to bring along the baggage.

It's not a right to play in the NFL... ITS A PRIVILEGE

that is likely the case, if he was an all star - he could obstruct justice in a murder case and nobody would care.

My stance is that it's a shame that his protest is considered 'baggage'. I think it's a legitimate protest and it's being done in a dignified manner. Peaceful protesting is better than violence. I have a lot of respect for Kaep. I hope things work out well for him. He's trying to improve things, I don't know how some people can't understand this.

Michael Bennett is a good example I think. He's always been outspoken and is involved in the protest. If he started it and was a FA he would have signed a contract day one of FA. He would have been worth the extra media attention. If a team isn't set on starting Kaep that is a lot of attention that they may prefer to avoid.

that is likely the case, if he was an all star - he could obstruct justice in a murder case and nobody would care.

My stance is that it's a shame that his protest is considered 'baggage'. I think it's a legitimate protest and it's being done in a dignified manner. Peaceful protesting is better than violence. I have a lot of respect for Kaep. I hope things work out well for him. He's trying to improve things, I don't know how some people can't understand this.

Agreed on all counts.

If a person of a different ethnicity were to say the same thing that is exactly how they would be labeled. Kyle Williams probably feels the same way but can't say so. I don't know if people are really that sensitive or if the media just loves blowing things out of proportion

I think it's both. We have a everyone wins a trophy culture and the media has always been a **** stirrer.

How about the Mods close this, it has turned into just another excuse for the trolls on the board to sneak in their politics,

Get over yourself. People are allowed to express their views you know, whether you like or agree with those views. How about you just skip over this thread if it bothers you so much.

I think it's both. We have a everyone wins a trophy culture and the media has always been a **** stirrer.

this is not true, I wish people would think before they say this. My kids finished last in hockey last season and didn't get squat. It's a very false statement, it's just said to give people something that fits their narrative in which to be angry about something.

The pc culture thing is off base in the extreme. I have had to send three granddaughters off to college this fall...and had the "PC" discussion with all three. Tried to innoculate them from what the campus folks are mostly selling. They all see it.....the only one who has college under her belt (2 years) says that certain profs do sell the line in their classes, and those who disagree in class are punished grade wise. Smart folks keep their mouth shut in those classes. However, this PC driven activity does not occur in technically based classes (math and sciences) as their really isn't any relevance to the PC notions. Sending kids off to college, better warn them to think themselves, don't buy a left wing doctrine until you think it through. As for Shady........man has his own view, and I mostly agree....but I think the $ part of the discussion is also a significant problem.....Kap wants big money, and backups don't make what he was making in SF...or anywhere near it. Would not surprise me if Kap were to sit out a year, and get a shot at a reduced salary level (like vet minimum with incentives) with somebody next year. Its late now for Kap to sign and be of much use during the upcoming season....need time to learn a new O.

Get over yourself. People are allowed to express their views you know, whether you like or agree with those views. How about you just skip over this thread if it bothers you so much.

Agreed. Often sports and politics crossover, it's relevant to discuss this in a sports blog, and it really doesn't hurt anyone.

this is not true, I wish people would think before they say this. My kids finished last in hockey last season and didn't get squat. It's a very false statement, it's just said to give people something that fits their narrative in which to be angry about something.

I disagree, I've coached little league baseball for the last 13 years. EVERYONE, who participates gets a trophy. The team that won the championship got just a little bit bigger trophy. It happens in a lot of other sports as well. Pee Wee football, soccer.

I disagree, I've coached little league baseball for the last 13 years. EVERYONE, who participates gets a trophy. The team that won the championship got just a little bit bigger trophy. It happens in a lot of other sports as well. Pee Wee football, soccer.

My kids got medals in hockey until Mites. Now only the winners do. I umped girls softball and only recall the top 2 teams getting awards, but this was a while ago. And I didn't mind my kids getting a medal for Mite hockey, these 7-8 year olds worked their butts off for about 9 months and learned quite a bit. Hockey isn't easy. Getting a medal hasn't made them aholes. If I didn't hang them on the wall, they'd be under the bed , lost or just forgotten about. They don't walk around school acting special because they have a medal. People have a strange reaction to trophy's and i've never seen evidence of someone acting like a prima donna because of a tee ball trophy.

Yes, that is the recent trend....its not good imho...because life is full of wins and losses, and everybody needs to learn to process both. win graciously, and how to pick yourself up and try again when you don't.

I mean, overall I agree with what Shady had to say about why Kaepernick doesn't have a team anymore.

I must say though I was shocked by how brutal and blunt he was being. It seems Kaep has quite the race charged following right now and they've got their focus on McCoy.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some more drama come from this.

If you speak the truth in this country now you face ridicule...a large

portion of people can't deal with the truth and would prefer lies,

it's easier for them to cope.

The racist comments being thrown at McCoy on his Instagram are disgusting.

Maybe he'll join our "white supremacist club" since he's no longer black. And Jim Brown, too

The racist comments being thrown at McCoy on his Instagram are disgusting.

BLM movement is hating on shady hard.

You def getting injured this season. Just based on ya trash ass spirit.

That's like the only one I could post here lol.