750,000,000 Powerball winner doesn't have a husband

Why take the lump sum?

She lives in Mass, a new millionaires tax is expected to be passed by 2019. I think it's 9 percent.

Also heard yesterday that if you die before the payments are made you can't pass it on.

The small chance that the lottery crumbles or the government etc.

Having that amount of money I'm pretty sure you can get guaranteed returns on investments that will repay the penalty of taking the lump.

Oh yah and better strippers and cocaine.

Good for her, but I couldn't believe she showed up for the press conference chawing a piece of gum. I mean, come on.

That was the first thing I picked up on. :doh:

Why didn't she split it with her kids? If she gives them money it is taxable. After the yearly gift

Not really. She has a $5.5mil lifetime exclusion and if Pooj hooks up with her marries her that goes to $11mil

You're welcome and my bill is in the mail.

Why take the lump sum?

Because it's the smarter way to go. The annuity would likely be over her lifetime and if she gets hit by a bus tomorrow? Whoops.

Something fishy going on in M!@#$.....

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2017/08/30/Machine-that-printed-758M-Powerball-payoff-taken-out-of-service/2701504112140/

The lottery machine that printed the winning ticket for last week's record $758.8 million Powerball jackpot has been taken out of service.

That winning payoff meant that machine secured about $24.5 million in income tax revenue, not to mention all the money generated from losing tickets.

Getting rid of the machine to hide evidence of tampering?

Good for her, but I couldn't believe she showed up for the press conference chawing a piece of gum. I mean, come on.

Seriously? Have you ever stood in a line at a store behind the type of person who actually plays the lottery? I don't know this woman, but I can guarantee the screen on her cell phone is cracked.

Seriously? Have you ever stood in a line at a store behind the type of person who actually plays the lottery? I don't know this woman, but I can guarantee the screen on her cell phone is cracked.

She can afford a new one.

(But may not know better.)

This is outstanding.