Where do you think or D will rank this year and why

Over under d rankings  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What place do you think this D will place

• Top 10
    • Top 20
    • Bottom 3rd

Where do you think this defense will rank this year and why?

I know this is pure speculation but it has been interesting to see how good the defense has looked in pre season. I think they will be in the top 10. I think they will keep us in most of the games while giving a us a chance to win if the O can score.

I think our front 4 will be in the top 5 unites for sacks and qb pressures. I think our LB's will surprise some teams and I think Bills fans will be happy with what we've got. The most surprising group I think is going to be the secondary. I believe we will be in top 10 in takways and points allowed. We may give up some plays in the secondary but I think we will tighten down in the red zone.

D will be better because the main scheme fits the front line better, but may suffer because they're arguably worse in the secondary. So maybe a wash? Who knows but the progress of the defense is probably one of the best stories of the season this year.

On paper, with good talent well matched to the scheme, I'd say the D is Top 10 for sure.

But the offense is going to be very bad. Multiple 3-and-out offensive drives per game are going to keep the D winded and less effective, and possibly lead to injuries.

On paper, with good talent well matched to the scheme, I'd say the D is Top 10 for sure.

But the offense is going to be very bad. Multiple 3-and-out offensive drives per game are going to keep the D winded and less effective, and possibly lead to injuries.

We may be overhyping the bad-ness of the offense based on pre-season games -- and only the passing side of it. Even in the meh-to-brutal games, the run game was biting off chunks of yardage. They may very well be bad. Or they might grind out a lot of long drives (as they are designed to do) and keep the defense rested.

And, yes, they had more 3-and-outs than they should have last year, but they also were top ten in points scored.

Given we play most of the elite quarterbacks this year, have a completely new secondary that needs to adjust to the scheme, have an offense that may have a lot of three and outs, and have major questions at linebacker, I put them in the bottom third. I am somewhat excited to see us back in the 4-3 with the d-line so maybe they do better than expected.