Complete the tank, McBean. Do it.

Nothing this front office has done yet is worthy of praise or applause.

And I'm getting tired of people acting like these moves are putting the Buffalo Bills on the "right" track.

Dumping players is the easy part. It takes no skill or intelligence to trade away a productive/star player for a draft pick.

Some of the biggest idiots this team has ever employed took the exact same approach. Trading away talent and vowing to build through the draft.

Actually "REBUILDING" is the hard part. Making those draft picks count. Signing the right free agents. Giving contracts to the right players. Correctly utilizing the salary cap.

I'll reserve judgement for Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott, and watch as this whole thing unfolds. But at this point, I see no reason to be optimistic for the upcoming season, or the team's future as a whole.

Guest NeckBeard

You do need to tank to draft a QB.

Not sure why everyone thinks this is necessary. I'd be ok with trading off McCoy and Tyrod at this point, but Hughes or Dareus? No way.

Maybe the refs will be on our side for once.

Can the Bills actually trade Dareus and that contract?

Too early to call for a tank. To quote the great Herm Edwards "You play...to win...the game!" We have a defense and running game that should keep us competitive in nearly every game. We get some breaks and the playoffs are not just a pipe dream.

That said, we hit the mid-season mark/trade deadline under .500 with some injuries that will be difficult to overcome, then tank the $!*# out of the rest of the season.

Keeping Shady on the team makes no sense. It's much, much more likely he falls off a cliff at 30 than it is he remains great. IMO, it makes total sense to trade Shady (and Tyrod) and throw the season away.

Keep your young, good talent like Dareus.

Here's the problem: it doesn't feel like there has been any semblance of a tank plan. Why did they bring back Lorax and sign Boldin if they didn't want to win now? Why are they trading away young talent that will be good when the Bills are ready to be good?

It just makes zero sense at this point what they're doing, unless they've suddenly had an epiphany that they aren't good. If that's the case, this season has already been horribly mismanaged.

Not sure why everyone thinks this is necessary. I'd be ok with trading off McCoy and Tyrod at this point, but Hughes or Dareus? No way.

That would be a change. I wish we played the Jets closer to the end of the season to be able to watch two teams trying to lose to each other. It'd be like two boxers trying to take a dive.

I hate tanking. I hate that people think its a good idea. I hate all the talk about tanking. Tanking sucks. Period.

Yup. It's a complete Loser mindset. It's almost like a personality disorder for some people.... they rationalize in their minds that tanking the season provides more hope for the future, while getting them through a miserable season.

In reality, it guarantees nothing, further creates a culture of losing, drives off the fanbase and makes no players want to sign here as free agents.

Yup. It's a complete Loser mindset. It's almost like a personality disorder for some people.... they rationalize in their minds that tanking the season provides more hope for the future, while getting them through a miserable season.

In reality, it guarantees nothing, further creates a culture of losing, drives off the fanbase and makes no players want to sign here as free agents.

Well said

I'm not ok with trading Hughes or Dareus either. However the closer we are to number 1 the better all our draft capital is next year. Not only in quantity but in quality of picks each round.

Is winning 4-7 games productive?

You do realize that MOST draft picks will be busts or average at best players right...MOST.

You do realize that a rebuild is about ADDING talent.

You do realize there are MORE seasons than just 2017 right?

WE ARE ALREADY ARMED TO THE TEETH with draft picks. Why not keep some talent around so that young talent has better people to play with too? Weird concept to keep talent so new talent continues to add to it BUILDING a better team which is the entire point of a REBUILD is to BUILD.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I hate tanking. I hate that people think its a good idea. I hate all the talk about tanking. Tanking sucks. Period.

This team will not be competitive in 2017. All 6-10 does is raise the price on the QB they're targeting.

Trade Shady, do this thing right and go balls out in the 2018 draft.

I'm sick and !@#$ing tired of this middling b.s.!

This team will not be competitive in 2017. All 6-10 does is raise the price on the QB they're targeting.

Trade Shady, do this thing right and go balls out in the 2018 draft.

I'm sick and !@#$ing tired of this middling b.s.!

So strip the team of ALL talent and then got out and spend all those draft picks on one player so that one player is on a crap team? #Brilliant *sarcasm*

I will assume you think Andrew Luck is a good QB. I will assume you think Drew Brees is a good QB. Ask them how having a talentless roster around them does for their playoff hopes.

I mean DREW FREAKING BREES hasn't sniffed the playoffs in 6 straight years. Or how about Philip Rivers...when was the last time he was in the playoffs? Seriously, thank god the FO isn't as dumb as all these get rid of everyone threads who are too short sighted to understand anything past the current season or how to actually build a football team.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Too early to call for a tank. To quote the great Herm Edwards "You play...to win...the game!" We have a defense and running game that should keep us competitive in nearly every game. We get some breaks and the playoffs are not just a pipe dream.

That said, we hit the mid-season mark/trade deadline under .500 with some injuries that will be difficult to overcome, then tank the $!*# out of the rest of the season.

I know where you're coming from but here's the problem:

1) Jets

2) San Francisco

3) Cleveland

4) Jacksonville

You have to be ahead of at least two of those teams in the draft order in order to ensure securing a franchise QB prospect. If you wait until mid-season it's already too late, and all the draft capital would need to be spent, if they're willing to accept the trade of picks at all. Tank.

So strip the team of ALL talent and then got out and spend all those draft picks on one player so that one player is on a crap team? #Brilliant *sarcasm*

I will assume you think Andrew Luck is a good QB. I will assume you think Drew Brees is a good QB. Ask them how having a talentless roster around them does for their playoff hopes.

I mean DREW FREAKING BREES hasn't sniffed the playoffs in 6 straight years. Or how about Philip Rivers...when was the last time he was in the playoffs? Seriously, thank god the FO isn't as dumb as all these get rid of everyone threads who are too short sighted to understand anything past the current season or how to actually build a football team.

Your logic and reasoning will fall on deaf ears....