Complete the tank, McBean. Do it.

I'm not a guy that wants the team to tank on purpose but I'd be ok with it honestly. I can't see this team winning more than 4 to 6 games so what's the point.

Stockpile draft picks. Fight for first overall. Gm better know what he is doing in the draft though.

Like many others have said...The Colts tanked for Luck...that has not worked out well for them...No guarantees getting a QB makes you a great team

Why? How are they appreciably worse than they were last year. Gilmore and Darby were inconsistent. Watkins barely played. Plus, the removal of the Ryan Bros might be a plus.

I'm not saying they might not be awful whatever they do (it's quite possible), but to say there is "virtually no chance they'll be good or even decent this season" feels way hyperbolic. There's still our running game and the defense is looking really good so far and still has a ton of talent.

It just feels like any of the last few seasons where there's a large segment of the board saying there's no way we'll do better than 5-11 and we wind up somewhere around .500.

every year this happens. it wouldn't shock me at all if the bills still hover around that 7 win mark.

Like many others have said...The Colts tanked for Luck...that has not worked out well for them...No guarantees getting a QB makes you a great team

it doesn't. there's a lot to being a good team, but good qb are extremely difficult to find, and this year the bills are in the best position to do it. this team has to take a shot.

Is winning 4-7 games productive?

why trade away your wr 1, db 1, rb 1? to have to go ahead and draft all of those positions next year, and have a crap shoot at drafting a QB? and hope that in two years all of those drafts work out, while trying to back fill more holes with the 2019 and 2020 draft, hoping all of those picks will work out too? it's not sustainable, but your feelings have been hurt by them dumping everyone and this is your coping mechanism to burn the whole thing down without a plan.

How many playoff games with him?

Yeah.

None for 3 years. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a Luck. But they are few and far between, and there's no guarantee that Darnauld will be Luck, and just getting a QB does not promise that, and a high pick could turn out to be Griffin or Bortles. Rodgers was a late 1st round pick and the Packers built up the rest of their team, so even if he's hurt they still have a shot.

This is the rare year I'm not against picking a QB in the first round (especially if we keep both picks), and I like Tyrod. However, waiting for the mythical "franchise QB" might as well be waiting for Godot. It's fools' gold. McCoy still looks dominant, and sometimes running backs last well past their supposed freshness date. Why don't we root for the best season this year with the knowledge that we already have six, and possibly seven, picks on the first two days of the draft next year. And root against the Chiefs and Rams :).

None for 3 years. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a Luck. But they are few and far between, and there's no guarantee that Darnauld will be Luck, and just getting a QB does not promise that, and a high pick could turn out to be Griffin or Bortles. Rodgers was a late 1st round pick and the Packers built up the rest of their team, so even if he's hurt they still have a shot.

This is the rare year I'm not against picking a QB in the first round (especially if we keep both picks), and I like Tyrod. However, waiting for the mythical "franchise QB" might as well be waiting for Godot. It's fools' gold. McCoy still looks dominant, and sometimes running backs last well past their supposed freshness date. Why don't we root for the best season this year with the knowledge that we already have six, and possibly seven, picks on the first two days of the draft next year. And root against the Chiefs and Rams :).

i'm not in the trade shady to tank camp, but i am in the trade shady for good value (other positions, picks) camp. RBs are really a dime a dozen and even when we had the league's best rushing attack last year, we only won 7 games. it's a passing league. use shady to get a WR or a DB.

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

I'm not a guy that wants the team to tank on purpose but I'd be ok with it honestly. I can't see this team winning more than 4 to 6 games so what's the point.

Stockpile draft picks. Fight for first overall. Gm better know what he is doing in the draft though.

I don't get that mentality at all. This team still has McCoy, Glenn, Incognito, Wood (who metrics and peers say is much better than most here think), Miller (ok, if they play Ducasse, I'll lose a bit of faith), Matthews, Dareus, K. Williams, Hughes, Lorax, Shaq, Hyde. All our rookies are looking solid in camp and pre-season (hard to tell with Dawkins). Plus, we have a new coach.

Sorry to keep going off on this, it's just the relentless negativity is exhausting. I get that it's been 17 years, yet I still manage to get excited for the season. I just don't see how this is a particularly bad team. To me, it feels like a hard-to-gauge team who could get mewed up by the schedule, or catch lightning in a bottle like many teams before them.

How many people predicted the Dolphins to win 1-3 games last season? There's a few teams like that every season (and i don't even see this as a particularly bad team, just somewhere in the middle).

Tanking is probably the best option.

We have/had some potential, but its obvious the team is looking to build something new long term.

What we have now...can keep us around 500....but is that whats best for us?

Having 6 picks next year in the first 3 rounds. The earlier that pick the better. Nom sayin.

i'm not in the trade shady to tank camp, but i am in the trade shady for good value (other positions, picks) camp. RBs are really a dime a dozen and even when we had the league's best rushing attack last year, we only won 7 games. it's a passing league. use shady to get a WR or a DB.

You really feel like Shady is a dime-a-dozen?!?!

Also, I'll never get this "it's a passing league, so we need to pass" logic. That it's a passing league means you need to have a good pass rush and disruptive front 4 or 5 (check) and a solid secondary (less so, but we'll see). However, an argument can be made that having a ground game is the smart move in the current NFL. Modern defenses are built towards stopping the passing game in such a league, plus it keeps their D on the field and yours off it.

You could further argue we only won 7 games because we had a porous, sloppy defense and a coach, who while (hopefully) well-meaning, forgot how to use things as basic as times out and challenges (we may have lost two games b/c he didn't call a time out fast enough against a yippy kicker, and he didn't "realize" you could challenge a call that would have changed the dynamic of another game). New Orleans only won 7 games the last three years with Brees throwing for around 5000 yards and 30-plus touchdowns. Should they trade him?

Finally, in all my years as mostly a lurker, yours is one of my favorite screennames ever, fwiw :)

I am sorry but I am against this going out of business/trade everyone narrative. If we trade Hughes away, we'll get a 2 round pick at best from a team that we'll just make stronger and McCoy maybe a 3rd...are we going to replace that talent level in the 2nd or 3rd? I know what a lot of people are thinking, "but McCoy will be out of his prime by the time the QB we draft is in his prime..." But here is the thing, having a good running back is part of the development of the QB. Keep everyone, tanking also makes us even less attractive to free agents, then we end up paying more than the competition and losing out of high priority free agents.

No, they are not

I don't get that mentality at all. This team still has McCoy, Glenn, Incognito, Wood (who metrics and peers say is much better than most here think), Miller (ok, if they play Ducasse, I'll lose a bit of faith), Matthews, Dareus, K. Williams, Hughes, Lorax, Shaq, Hyde. All our rookies are looking solid in camp and pre-season (hard to tell with Dawkins). Plus, we have a new coach.

Sorry to keep going off on this, it's just the relentless negativity is exhausting. I get that it's been 17 years, yet I still manage to get excited for the season. I just don't see how this is a particularly bad team. To me, it feels like a hard-to-gauge team who could get mewed up by the schedule, or catch lightning in a bottle like many teams before them.

How many people predicted the Dolphins to win 1-3 games last season? There's a few teams like that every season (and i don't even see this as a particularly bad team, just somewhere in the middle).

It more has to do with our schedule. No one is respecting the passing game this year unless the Bills prove it has to be protected against. I don't have a lot of faith in that. That makes it easier to stop the run. We face some high powered offenses this year.

In two other threads I've asked for an example of a calculated complete tank that worked. Two examples have been given, the Colts suck for Luck, which as I stated earlier doesn't happen without the injury to Payton. The only other moves they made were to cut some aging over paid players. The other example is the Cowboys trading Herschel Walker. Aikman and Irvin were already on the roster, they didn't trade them. They also knew they had already forfeited their first round pick by taking Steve Walsh in supplemental draft. By the time they made the trade they had already lost five in a row. I don't believe either of these are planned tanks.

Is trading away young, good talented players to get to 4 wins productive?

Hell no. It's an extremely dumb concept some fans want because they think all you need is a good QB to win.

You can be good AND draft a QB you know? It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Not unless you play your later round draft pick QB

Which many on here think is a bad idea

Edited by Buffalo Boy