So Boldin retired?

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll ask again, give me one example of an NFL team planning and executing a tank that worked?

The only total tear down I can think of is when Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson 1st took over the Cowboys. They turned over the entire roster and remade it into a 3 time SB winning team as we know all too well in Buffalo.

I agree. Shady gives your team a chance to win whenever he's on the field. I didn't mind the Darby and Watkins trades, but I don't want a complete tank. It's still important to present a watchable product to the fans. I really don't want to feel as if the one game I attend this season is a complete waste. McCoy makes the team watchable. I'd be more comfortable with trading TT sinceTT isn't as valuable as Shady imo.

Basically, where I'm at. I'm going up for the raiders vs Bills game with my buddy whose a die hard fan like myself as well as 3 Giants fans. They've heard our stories and wanted to experience it for themselves. I just want it to not be a complete blow out seeing as it'll make me grumpy and less fun. I'm selfish what can I say?

I saw these rumors circling around on twitter mainly by BillsFantics. I'm skeptical due to their recent slip up with stating their source claiming Maclin signed. Nothing would surprise me these days.

I would be saddened by this because shady alone is worth price of admission.

I didn't see anything like that from the Bills Fanatics twitter account. What was tweeted? Did they delete?

The only total tear down I can think of is when Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson 1st took over the Cowboys. They turned over the entire roster and remade it into a 3 time SB winning team as we know all too well in Buffalo.

Not a tank, they traded Herschel Walker.

I don't think this is really going to affect the W's or L's. Honestly, we are likely to be bad regardless of whether we have a 36 year old receiver or not.

This is just another one of those typical Buffalo Bills moments that have been so common during the drought. Have a laugh at our "bad luck" and move on

:oops:

Has the team released its season ticket number for this year? I haven't heard a thing, which means it's probably down. So I wouldn't be so sure about that.

give them up and test it

Tired of season ticket holder's complaining like they have some special right....we all spend money on the bills every year and we have had to suffer it together.

Dont like the product? give up the tickets

I know a lot of people are disappointed right now but I think we're losing track of the big picture. Anquan Boldin was signed to show the world that we, the Buffalo Bills, are not tanking. Boldin may have done the full Orton after only 10 days, but that message was heard by everyone loud and clear.

We are not tanking.

give them up and test it

Tired of season ticket holder's complaining like they have some special right....we all spend money on the bills every year and we have had to suffer it together.

Dont like the product? give up the tickets

So I take it you don't cut a STH check every February/march. And for what it's worth, I didn't complain like I have some "special right" -- whatever that means. As a guy who was cut some big checks for a long time, I am a stakeholder and I am entitled to be frustrated with the direction of the team just like anyone else.

Don't like that answer? Pay for 20 tickets a year to help the team stay local. But don't castigate me or anyone else for putting their money where their mouths are.

I feel bad for the season ticket holders.

Rumors all day that McCoy is next. Open your eyes. This is a tanking season.

I haven't seen any real credible rumors about Shady being traded. Just some guy(s) purely speculating and twitter running wild with it. Unless there's some that I've missed?

There wasn't a single leak about the Sammy and Darby trades, or anything else since Beane took over.

I'm not saying that it isn't true. But I don't think it's some foregone conclusion either, and I'm going to wait until it happens before I say this is a tanking season. Trading Sammy and Darby for a WR from the same draft class that's been just as productive on the field and a CB that had almost as good a rookie year as Darby doesn't equate to tanking in my book.

This was always a transition year, though. Brand new coaching staff from top to bottom. Brand new front office and personnel staff from top to bottom. Brand new schemes on both sides of the ball. Tons of free agents (that had nothing to do with this new regime). 53+ new players...

So I take it you don't cut a STH check every February/march. And for what it's worth, I didn't complain like I have some "special right" -- whatever that means. As a guy who was cut some big checks for a long time, I am a stakeholder and I am entitled to be frustrated with the direction of the team just like anyone else.

Don't like that answer? Pay for 20 tickets a year to help the team stay local. But don't castigate me or anyone else for putting their money where their mouths are.

So you are saying that because you spend more money you have a right to B word about it more

Newsflash...you dont. And if you didnt spend it someone else would