Boldin said he came here to win a championship.

Cherrybone

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the reply of the eagles game again today and specifically was looking at Anquan. Anyone else notice how slow he looked out there????? Looked sluggish and old. Doesn't look like the same player.

At least in the first quarter he looked like he was stumbling out of his breaks and not running crisp routes

So not only has father time appeared to catch up with Boldin, but so has dementia.

Wow, a player says nice things about our team and we mock him and tear him apart. I know it's been a rough 17 years (been a fan through both the championships and this drought), and a weird week between the trades and the ugly pre-season game, but this may not be as bad a team as we are saying. I understand negativity with this team, but maybe we can be a bit less toxic in our negativity.

Wow, a player says nice things about our team and we mock him and tear him apart. I know it's been a rough 17 years (been a fan through both the championships and this drought), and a weird week between the trades and the ugly pre-season game, but this may not be as bad a team as we are saying. I understand negativity with this team, but maybe we can be a bit less toxic in our negativity.

I think it was just an unfunny joke he was making.

Unfortunately, veterans privilege. No OTA's to get in shape, hardly any training camp. He's out of shape.

this isn't the 1960s when players used TCs to get into shape, NFL today is year round staying in shape, no excuse for him not to be in shape.

I would love to know if the Bills just interviewed him or actually worked him out running routes. If they didn't that goes on Beane big time.

Has really good hands. That's value. He's quick off the line and has seen enough NFL defenses to understand coverages and quickly locate a soft spot.

Cant get separation in todays NFL good hands don't mean anything and he certainly looked anything but quick off the line yesterday.

The guy has only been playing real football again for a week-and-a-half. He's still learning the offense and QB and he was probably playing out of his true position at this point in his career (due to Matthews being hurt).

Give him some time fellas. Fans can be so impatient whether it be with rookies developing, players learning a new offense, etc. Of course the game made us nervous about the starting offense, but with new coaches, new system, and so many new players, there was no way they were coming out of the gate explosively. This offense will be a work-in-progress and will take some time to come together. I just hope that it is early in the season and that the defense can carry us until then.

Totally agree. It was his first game back, as pre-season one at that. I'd be saving myself, too. No need to wear yourself out before regular season starts. We'll be fine with him.

Look, man...i've always had a ton of respect for Boldin as a player...super tough and as sure handed as it gets...a modern day Hines Ward.

His statement though was ridiculous, and he looks like he's done. The Lions let him walk after last season, so that should tell you something.

I was just having a bit of fun with what he said.

Happy he's one of your favorite wide receivers. He's an asset, but the OP is right, and this is not a championship team.

Fail to see how this is trolling, other than the fact that you don't like what he said.

What else do you expect Boldin to say?

Reflecting, OP just has a poor delivery of jokes and was not trolling.

Yes. Very much so. He will be a very relible target over the middle from the slot. He is not suited to play outside anymore. Thursday showed that. He is a great downfeild blocker and will help the passing game. He isnt going to light the world on fire for us but he will get 3 to 5 catches a game and make some clutch plays and contested catches.

Edited by Mat68

I'm sure he already has in ways.

Yes. Very much so. He will be a very relible target over the middle from the slot. He is not suited to play outside anymore. Thursday showed that. He is a great downfeild blocker and will help the passing game. He isnt going to light the world on fire for us but he will get 3 to 5 catches a game and make some clutch plays and contested catches.

this^^^

Depends what your expectations are. If you want 35 catches and 5 TD then yes. He had a better chance of producing with Watkins on the outside. But we don't have any idea,what the offense is going to look like. They are not going to show their hand even in the third preseason game.

I'm sure he already has in ways.

this^^^

....ditto 'Fig.........guy still has something left....let defenses deny it and make my day.......lad has has some undeniable physicality and wasn't signed as a wall plaque......him at 36 and considered "old" versus me at 64 is the ultimate "piss me off"....wish I could remember 36 ... :thumbsup: