What if the Ravens (etc) called about Tyrod?

If the Bills FO can't see Tyrod as the long term solution at QB, would they trade him before the 17 season? From everything we have seen to this point, it's clear the Bills have a plan. It seems as if that plan is to gain as much draft capital as possible. Should a team (like Baltimore) come calling for Tyrod, it could have a multi pronged effect on the Bills plan coming to life.

-Obviously the Bills would get something back from that team. Hopefully at least another 2nd rounder. You could probably even get a pick and a player. Maybe a guy that can help long term.

-The Bills would also gain a chance to evaluate the QB they drafted this past April. You can assume Peterman would be a step down from Tyrod, but what if by some crazy turn of fate...he wasn't? At some point, law of averages is going to allow us to get lucky and hit on a guy. No Tyrod means we get a better look at the future.

-Lastly, if the worst case scenario occurred and Peterman shows nothing and the Bills are terrible...at least you avoid the inbetween 6 or 7 win season that hurts our draft position. This is not the goal I would have in mind, but I suppose it's a nicely built in safety valve.

If the Bills feel like Peternan can be close to a lateral move and if they could get fair value, I would probably entertain the idea of moving Tyrod. If the Bills feel like the gap is so great, that the change would sink their season before it starts..then I would rather hold out. I'm not saying this situation would even have the opportunity to occur. It's strictly hypothetical at this point, but looking at the Ravens, Broncos and maybe even Colts current situation. You never know. Obviously if we were okay dealing Sammy, anything can happen. Go Bills.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills FO can't see Tyrod as the long term solution at QB, would they trade him before the 17 season? From everything we have seen to this point, it's clear the Bills have a plan. It seems as if that plan is to gain as much draft capital as possible. Should a team (like Baltimore) come calling for Tyrod, it could have a multi pronged effect on the Bills plan coming to life.

-Obviously the Bills would get something back from that team. Hopefully at least another 2nd rounder. You could probably even get a pick and a player. Maybe a guy that can help long term.

-The Bills would also gain a chance to evaluate the QB they drafted this past April. You can assume Peterman would be a step down from Tyrod, but what if by some crazy turn of fate...he wasn't? At some point, law of averages is going to allow us to get lucky and hit on a guy. No Tyrod means we get a better look at the future.

-Lastly, if the worst case scenario occurred and Peterman shows nothing and the Bills are terrible...at least you avoid the inbetween 6 or 7 win season that hurts our draft position. This is not the goal I would have in mind, but I suppose it's a nicely built in safety valve.

If the Bills feel like Peternan can be close to a lateral move and if they could get fair value, I would probably entertain the idea of moving Tyrod. If the Bills feel like the gap is so great, that the change would sink their season before it starts..then I would rather hold out. I'm not saying this situation would even have the opportunity to occur. It's strictly hypothetical at this point, but looking at the Ravens, Broncos and maybe even Colts current situation. You never know. Obviously if we were okay dealing Sammy, anything can happen. Go Bills.

If the offer was sweet enough, I have little doubt this staff would hesitate in trading Tyrod. It appears they are long term thinkers more so than short term thinkers.

If a team was desperate enough to try and save their season, they are going to overpay. Just like the Vikings last year

I don't see TT going anywhere right now, but I could see a desperation scenario near the deadline.

If it's value in return, you do it.

3rd round pick would be enough for me to make the trade. I don't see anything more then that unless we have two teams fighting to get him.

I think it would be a good move to start Peterman and see what he can do. If he does real bad it helps our draft if he does ok it helps to know he might be good enough to start 2018 while our 1st round pick sits first few games. Eitherway we get a draft pick now for Tyrod something we won't get next season by waiting especially if he has a bad season. Load up for next seasons draft and see what Peterman has, Tyrod is done here why waste this season on him when there is no chance for playoffs.

Any trades should be on the table at this point. This season is going to be "more of the same" or "worse than usual" it is looking like. Beane and McDermott want their own guys, their own identity. It would only make sense to listen to all offers. We gave away, maybe, our best player for little...I am a Tyrod supporter, but the writing is on the wall. I am pretty certain, barring some miraculous start by Tyrod, or the team as a whole, Peterman is going to be the starter before the season is over. I am certain we wouldn't get more than a 3rd, possibly a 4th for Tyrod.

Edited by Buftex

I don't know why but the moving Peterman to the #2, just made me pic this scenario. Maybe they are easing us into a point where the Bills tell us he's good enough to start.

I don't see that happening but crazier things have before?

putting him ahead of yates was a no brainier and not saying much, yates flat out sucks.

They are very conservative with their draft picks.

They originally drafted him in the 4th and didn't bother to resign him.

That said I think the Bills would be lucky to get a 6th.

Besides that if Krap is supposedly better than TT why not just sign him and save your picks?

A Starting QB is worth two 2nds Minimum. And TT will get you a 1st and more or you do not move him

If Flacco is out I think they go with Kaep for 1 year no need to give up a 2nd rd pick.

Joe Flacco won't play in preseason, but expected to start Week 1

https://sports.yahoo.com/joe-flacco-wont-play-preseason-expected-start-week-1-204016111.html

For one nobody wants Kaep baggage and I doubt any team will ever sign him. For two Tyrod is a fan favorite in Baltimore so returning is a plus. For 3 his contract is very cap friendly for them. I would think it's a win win for Baltimore to make the trade happen.

I would think a 3rd round pick would work for both sides.

Edited by xRUSHx