Aguaya waived by Bucs

boyst

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel for the guy. Insane amount of pressure put on him by the organisation, to the point where every miss was magnified tenfold.

I was pretty vehemently not a believer in the hype but I hope he catches on elsewhere. He's a good kid and he can still be NFL calibre if he can get his mind right.

If you can kick the ball in college what is it that stops you from doing it in the pros. I must be missing some fine points of the pro kicking game.

I think a lot had to do with the pressure put on him, kicking is all about your mindset

Claim his ass off waivers, waive Hauhska(sp) , one more towards our comp pick

yep. I've heard of him!

I feel for the guy. Insane amount of pressure put on him by the organisation, to the point where every miss was magnified tenfold.

I was pretty vehemently not a believer in the hype but I hope he catches on elsewhere. He's a good kid and he can still be NFL calibre if he can get his mind right.

kickers never do well the first time.

I think a lot had to do with the pressure put on him, kicking is all about your mindset

I get it but presumably there is pressure, sometimes lots of it in big college conferences. If the guy just can't deal with the mental aspect then he's not going to make it. How does one reliably project whether a college kicker will have the necessary psychological makeup. Does the difficulty in assessing this account for the fact that kickers, no matter how good in college, are typically late round or undrafted guys?

And to think they traded up to take a kicker in the 2nd.

.....hindsight is a beautiful thing....not like he had lousy collegiate credentials.....the world was laughing when Al Davis took Janokowski in the 1st.....think that's turned out ok (cough).....

..........Aguaya played college football at Florida State University, where he was the most accurate kicker in Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) history and third in NCAA history.[1] He was drafted in the second round of the 2016 NFL Draft...........