Are you going to sing the same tune if...

Alphadawg7

As long as we get a franchise QB with all of these draft picks then I'll be perfectly fine if Sammy has a great career in LA

Drafting franchise QBs when you have a lot of picks is easy. A few years ago a lot of people on this site thought Matt Barkley was the nex coming.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A rare talent who played all of 5/8ths of a season over two years, and would have cost us enormous money in FA with ZERO assurances about his ability to stay healthy.

No offense, man, but I relish the day when I can pull this post up after Watkins has an 85 catch / 1400 yard / 12 td season. If he remains healthy ( and he is healthy now), that's easily in range.

Matthews isnt a scrub, but on a Eagles team that needs weapons for its young QB, they were ready to move on from him and went out and got a trully injury prone WR to lean on in Alshon.

Watkins, excellent route runner. Matthews inconsistent route runner.

Watkins, excellent hands. Matthews, mediocre hands.

Add in Watkins is faster, more elusive, and a better deep threat...and its really a big difference.

And...everything I heard about him for Eagles fans was that he wasn't all that popular in the locker room and another reason they wanted to move on from him. I don't know if thats true, but 2 of my good friends are die hard Eagles fans and they were thrilled he was traded.

If you can just wrap your mind around the fact that Watkins is the better receiver....but that Mathews is still a starting caliber WR......but we also got a draft pick out of the deal.

Alpha....I relally think this had less to do with Sammy's injuries and more to do with they didnt think they were gonna be able to resign him....Bean eluded to as much today at his press conference (more then once)

I LOVE Sammy Watkins....and I hate that he is not here, but what if Beane is right....if he didnt want to resign then his value is never going to be higher then it is right now

If that is the case, it makes more sense to a degree. I havent seen the press conference yet, so thanks for the info.

But, my thread was also not about the trade...it was a question to those who love this trade. Are they going to stand by that statement if Sammy goes on to be the Pro Bowl WR he is capable of, or are they going to turn on the FO later if it turns out to be a bad trade.

No offense, man, but I relish the day when I can pull this post up after Watkins has an 85 catch / 1400 yard / 12 td season. If he remains healthy ( and he is healthy now), that's easily in range.

And he very well may do it this year.

If that is the case, it makes more sense to a degree. I havent seen the press conference yet, so thanks for the info.

But, my thread was also not about the trade...it was a question to those who love this trade. Are they going to stand by that statement if Sammy goes on to be the Pro Bowl WR he is capable of, or are they going to turn on the FO later if it turns out to be a bad trade.

And he very well may do it this year.

He uses the word "signability"....he uses it more then once

Why is everyone throwing around $20 million like that was some sort of realistic number. He probably would have been a lot closer to 10. For all the pissingand moaning that goes on around Buffalo for being a farm team for the rest of the league, I don't know how you let this slide. We just developed a top WR for another team to build a dynasty around.

I really like the new regime, but like you, I hate this trade.

One saving grace is that I live in LA at the beach just down the road from the new stadium. And the Rams were my team as a young boy, so kind of become my 2nd team here so at least I get to cheer and root for him on the my next favorite team.

That being said, how pissed off is Robert Woods right now? He went there to compete to potentially be a #1 and at the very least #2...suddenly today, he is #3 on depth chart fighting Austin for the #2 spot. He is actually in a worse spot than he was in Buffalo with Sammy because we had no one like Austin here.

Why do you like this new regime? Nothing they have done makes me have confidence they know what they're doing. I understand no games played yet but I don't like the trades. Someone needs to explain why Darby doesn't fit this "scheme". If you're a good man to man corner, how difficult is it to play zone? Plus we're not gonna play zone all game, correct?

Why is everyone throwing around $20 million like that was some sort of realistic number. He probably would have been a lot closer to 10. For all the pissingand moaning that goes on around Buffalo for being a farm team for the rest of the league, I don't know how you let this slide. We just developed a top WR for another team to build a dynasty around.

You dont build dynasties around WR.

See: johnson, calvin.

It's not going to be any different than seeing Marshawn Lynch and Jason Peters finish All Pro, Hall of Fame careers on other teams, while the Bills spent years and tons of draft capital chasing their replacements. It sucks. The Watkins trade will have echoes for years to come, as the Bills spend high picks trying to find a WR with his skills and he puts up monster numbers on another team.

A few things here. On some level, if you're a fan, then you have no choice than to celebrate it because it's done and over.

I look at it from a betting man's perspective. Based on the last 3 years, would you bet on him being healthy and finishing with a pro-bowl season or a sub-par season because of injury or Tyrod's play?

If it's the latter, you get absolutely no value from him and maybe keep him on a "prove it deal".

So, if you get a 2nd rounder in advance of that more likely scenario, it's a big win.

If he breaks out like you think he could, then yes it sucks. It's all a gamble and you just need to have faith in the regime changes or you will be miserable for at least the next 3 years

Wouldn't want to miss out on the next Ragland or CJ Koundijo with that second round Rams pick.

I love how all you whiners are making the assumption this guy is going to remain healthy.

I love how all you snowflakes think we are going to draft the next Payton Manning with all those draft picks.

I love how all you whiners are making the assumption this guy is going to remain healthy.

One ankle roll away from a season ending injury.

The great thing about all of our analysis threads is that everyone is entitled to an opinion and everyone is right to defend their opinion until the future unfolds.

Alpha and others make great points and articulate them well -- I just don't agree with them...

Edited by JoeF

We're going to take a SHOT for a change.

You may be satisfied with eternal 8-8, but I'm kinda tired of it.

Buffalo mentality.

I have no problem on taking a shot. But not by trading your best player for someone who is half as good and a second round pick!!!

I don't like the trade. But unlike many here I also realize Ian not privy to a lot of background data that could have influenced the decision. As Beane said there were many factors that entered into this decision. Maybe they had evidence his foot was still questionable. Maybe the agent told them he wasn't resigning no matter what, such as what happened years ago withLynch.

If you look strictly at talent level we gave up a guy that is potentially an elite guy. Hard to see that happen. But these things rarely happen in a vacuum.

I have no problem on taking a shot. But not by trading your best player for someone who is half as good and a second round pick!!!

And my opinion is Sammy is great player who has proven time and again he is fragile. There is always something wrong with him,

Again, the biggest mistake from Beane and McD was not exercising the option if this trade was being contemplated--but noone was going to pony up a #1 for Sammy given his case history even with the second year. The Bills could have gotten a better player than EJ Gaines (yuck) but we got what will likely be another top 10 second rounder to go with the one they will "win" on the field this fall. There are 4 top 40 picks in this teams future. That gets you the number one draft pick with maybe a top 40 pick to spare if you want it without mortgaging the future.

Sammy was talented but even you, Alpha and others have to admit just a little that you were worried about when the next injury was going to occur. If you don't your arguments are as unrealistic as you claim those that support the trades are...

Edited by JoeF