Go on record regarding the trades

Thoughts on the trades  

470 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the moves today?

Shady and TT next. Please.

Might as well dump Hughes too

On the record:

I think it's the smart, prudent move. We are a 6-9 win team with the guys we traded away today. Why?

We don't have a good enough QB. And how do most teams find their franchise signal caller?

High in the 1st round. And how can you get high in the draft?

Having a lot of draft capital.

The Bills now have a ton of draft capital.

Here's to turning it into Josh Rosen.

Assuming that the Jets, Skins, Browns, 49ers, Jags, Vikings etc that pick above us and need a QB are willing to trade away their shot at a franchise guy to us

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, Coach. That would have been the best move and a better bet on realizing some payoff for the high price paid to draft SW. Surely there is another player that could have fetched a 2nd round pick on the roster to facilitate a move up if needed.

This is great if the Bills thought he was worth that money - they obviously did not think a WR with his injury history and production was worth paying either the 5th year option or a franchise tag.

Once they realize they do not want to pay that, while they try to find their franchise QB - the trade makes sense. Get something for him and help you get your QB and a WR in the next draft so they can develop together.

This moves makes it very obvious what they think of TT as an answer at QB. This is about trying to get you QB and your playmakers together and not having SW sitting there making a boatload of money while we develop someone to throw him the ball.

This is great if the Bills thought he was worth that money - they obviously did not think a WR with his injury history and production was worth paying either the 5th year option or a franchise tag.

Once they realize they do not want to pay that, while they try to find their franchise QB - the trade makes sense. Get something for him and help you get your QB and a WR in the next draft so they can develop together.

This moves makes it very obvious what they think of TT as an answer at QB. This is about trying to get you QB and your playmakers together and not having SW sitting there making a boatload of money while we develop someone to throw him the ball.

Pretty much sums it up.

After hours to cool down, I've come around to understand the moves, and lean slightly towards approving. Darby? OK.... Sammy? That's tougher but they weren't going to pay him....so get something for a one year rental.

Even that reads as "the situation was already messed up so I guess this could be making the best of it"

Before the trade the Bills projected needs in the draft were franchise QB, OT, LB and maybe S.

After the trade, their needs will be Franchise QB, outside WR, CB, OT, LB, and safety.

Another draft where OL will not be adressed thanks to other needs.

This trade is more of the same. Running to stand still.

You may be right, but they also have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds - so say that is true - they have the potential to fill everyone of those needs with someone in the first 3 rounds.

So yes they may have to draft for positions traded away, but they also got draft picks just to do that.

Seems more like running with a purpose now.

Even that reads as "the situation was already messed up so I guess this could be making the best of it"

Fair enough, but the current crowd didn't create "the situation". What else can they do but make the best of it? I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best, but that's not likely to appear for a while.

Fair enough, but the current crowd didn't create "the situation". What else can they do but make the best of it? I'll just cross my fingers and hope for the best, but that's not likely to appear for a while.

It's august-- they decided on the option and had 8 months to build a relationship, so you can't fully absolve them from tensions if said tensions existed.

That said, crossing fingers is what we have. Our 2017 squad is less talented today than yesterday.

Maybe these guys stay healthy and Sammy would've been cursed by injury here.

Maybe those picks end up being studs.

But it's a whole lot of finger crossing. We will both be watching with said fingers crossed all year though.

Hate the Sammy trade with immense passion. The Darby trade makes a lot of sense of considering we just trade Sammy for a CB that seems to be a good fit in the zone scheme. Really would've liked to get 1 or 2 players that had multiple years left on their contract at a good value. Both are free agents and may be 1 year rentals.

That being said, I understand the move considering that we have a new GM and Coach that have said they want to build through the draft. I love our scouting department and hope that they can acquire the future HoF QB that we all deserve while drafting 3-5 more starters in the first 3 rounds. That's the game plan, now we just have to execute it.

I won't be happy about trading away Sammy. It feels like the day that we traded Marshon Lynch for a Tank Carder and Chris Hairston. Hopefully we yield a better prize this time around. Time to move on though. My favorite player is gone, but the Bills are still my heart. Always will be. That will never change

Matthews is equal to Watkins? A healthy Watkins can be a star in this league. Not Matthews.

me too.

Yet Matthews has outplayed Watkins since being drafted in most stats - he has more catches each year than Watkins, more yards and more TDs.

The key is a healthy Watkins can be a star, but an injured Watkins gives you nothing.

It's august-- they decided on the option and had 8 months to build a relationship, so you can't fully absolve them from tensions if said tensions existed.

That said, crossing fingers is what we have. Our 2017 squad is less talented today than yesterday.

Maybe these guys stay healthy and Sammy would've been cursed by injury here.

Maybe those picks end up being studs.

But it's a whole lot of finger crossing. We will both be watching with said fingers crossed all year though.

I'm not absolving anyone of anything. I think I'm just giving them room to prove themselves....or the rope to hang themselves. Time will tell.

Yet Matthews has outplayed Watkins since being drafted in most stats - he has more catches each year than Watkins, more yards and more TDs.

The key is a healthy Watkins can be a star, but an injured Watkins gives you nothing.

No he has not at all on a per game basis:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MattJo00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatkSa00.htm

Football doesn't work that way. When he's out, he contributes NOTHING.

You don't get to look at a game he had two years ago and apply it to this year.

I take no insult. But you're the one fluffing the no voters as if they're some pantheon. Get a grip.

There are posters on this site whose opinions I respect more than others, and many of them voted no. I'm not "fluffing" them (I'm sorry, but another childish observation), I was responding to someone who referred to them as "IDIOTS." I did so, not to defend the posters whom I respect, but to point out the idiocy, posted without a shred of irony, of making such a claim.

I would also like to see a return to civility on this site, but that's really an afterthought.