Beane & McD Press Conferences

I mean honestly, while Sammy may be the hands down better player -- Matthews has the better stats over the same years in totality. Which means that Sammy hasn't been living up to our best expectations for the past 3 years.... maybe he will blossom into that guy, who knows, but getting matthews to replace him isn't terrible.

Name for me the most recent superstar wide receiver with a ring. Go ahead, I'll wait.

And don't tell me demarius (8 yds)

Edit- because I agree with your post

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's say you're a farmer. You have a cow you know is sick and probably never going to produce milk like she used to. You can't afford to replace her, but you realize she's got maybe one year of udder function left before you have to put her down. Then, to your surprise, your neighbor brings you a steer you can slaughter, a bag of money, and takes your cow off your hands. it wasn't what you expected, but now you're in shape to buy two more cows. and, since growing your herd is your goal wouldn't you take that deal?

OMG - I want some of what you are smoking!

The problem I have with all this its not just Sammy, its the only WR Taylor had chemistry with yet I just listened to the new OC Dennison commenting recently on the need for Taylor to throw with anticipation.

To me this move undermines the Taylor/Dennison O...

You're gonna change your tune my man. In whole the transaction is sound.

They are still a mediocre team now but with a wheel barrow of draft picks and a solid defense.

12-4 in 2018

More like

3-13 in 2017

7-9 in 2018

Pegula moves the team to San Diego in 2019

They better have a good story. Explain their vision clearly. Otherwise, I'm done.

Done as stop posting or done supporting and will bash them like others since it is more fun than supporting?

This reminds me of a bunch of children holding their breath saying they will hold it until they die.

"We are blue collar and like hard workers. Hard work beats talent. This is a group I'm proud to take to Dairy Queen."

How will you fit that on your bumper sticker?

Teams are successful with older players. This isn't some foreign concept. Brady is &&@!? 40. These are excuses. Coaches wanting to bail on players that "aren't their guys" is a way to buy yourself more years.

They have 5 year contract so that makes little sense.

Yes, it is a plan.

Those of us who realize that TT is NOT the answer understand that the aging vets and oft-injured "Stars" aren't taking us to the promised land. We realize that these guys realize the same thing and we're HAPPY about it.

It's a PLAN. After years of rudderless band-aids, some of us are happy to see an actual direction.

This is where I am. Followed this team since 1963. The last 17 years of quick fixes and rudderless leadership took a toll. This feels right. It feels like a real foundation for the future.

Holy... folks there is something called a franchise tag. Stop with the sammy would have walked at the end of the year.

We thought so with Byrd who made it clear he was not going to play under it.

Suspect that front office saw enough of Sammy and his agent to see how that route would go.

This is where I am. Followed this team since 1963. The last 17 years of quick fixes and rudderless leadership took a toll. This feels right. It feels like a real foundation for the future.

Sammy is 24. He could have been a foundation, especially for a young qb.

He could also be the anchor contract that we complain about for years. The Sammy trade was never gonna sit right. It was just toxic from the beginning. Nothing to do with talent or character just the cost and to add on that all the guys behind him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk