Ill present the dissenting opinion

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For 20 years I have listened to Bills front office staff and many of the fans agree, that it is hard to get a QB in today's NFL. That there is nobody there when we pick. That it is just bad luck, and it is wrong to complain. And of course we always lose because it is a QB driven game.

In 6 months this staff has added Peterman and has TWO each of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks to use next year. Maybe they don't want to be waiting to get lucky for the NEXT 20 years, and decided to do something about it.

Has there ever been a player who hasn't come back from this? This is an honest question. The players I think of immediately with this injury are Kevin Durant and Julio Jones.

You're right. Plenty of players have had the problem and subsequent surgeries and seem to do ok.

With Watkins and that particular foot, however, IMO it appears to be a chronic issue. Re-injuring it is inevitable.

I think he dinged it in practice earlier this month and the front office saw the writing on the wall.

For 20 years I have listened to Bills front office staff and many of the fans agree, that it is hard to get a QB in today's NFL. That there is nobody there when we pick. That it is just bad luck, and it is wrong to complain. And of course we always lose because it is a QB driven game.

In 6 months this staff has added Peterman and has TWO each of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks to use next year. Maybe they don't want to be waiting to get lucky for the NEXT 20 years, and decided to do something about it.

Amen!!!

I'm just going to pretend that Sammy and Darby were driving to practice today and Brandon Beane was texting while driving, didn't see where he was going and forced Sammy and Darbys car off the road. They were both injured and hospitalized and will miss the entire season but will survive. The Rams had a fantastic prospect at WR who legally changed his name to Sammy Watkins. EJ Gaines and Jordan Matthews were just cut and the Bills picked them both up on waivers. And the NFL just changed its compensatory pick formula and awarded The Bills an extra two and a three, trying to make up for a few decades of screwing us over with the refs.

Not sure what to think. I honestly don't know much about the guys we got. The hurt is the final recognition that the move to get Watkins was stupid and re-solidifies the draft picks wasted. Next up, Ragland is gone, and another wasted 2nd rounder. If these two new guys work out, we still need to sign them next year. All the draft picks are great, but they will be young and a year or two away from producing- if they are not merely more wasted picks. Moving up to get a qb next year is not only risky, but it may be hard to find a trade partner even with the picks to give as the top teams will certainly have their own qb issues.

At the end of the day, I guess we'll see. Hell it's only been 17 years since we had something to cheer about.

everyone keeps saying not a fit for the system but Watkins, finally got his health right and someone with that talent fits in any system. If they want to Tank that's fine but then don't sign Boldin, trade McCoy and Keep your players that are young, good, and will be with you for years to come. Gaines is a nickel corner, Matthews is bad enough that Philly signed Torrey Smith because they couldn't trust him. He is now one of 3 possession receivers we have ( jones, boldin, and Matthews). Hes a wr 3. Nobody to stretch the field anymore, no #1WR again. Draft picks are always a gamble so yea its great to get them but we shouldn't have traded our young talent. All we did was get worse and now need to throw dice on draft picks next year. Same ol bills had enough of this. Unfortunately they didn't do enough to make us a horrible team (look at the jets) and we still go 6-10 or 7-9 and don't pick at the top. Becoming redundant at 1 bills dr

"But this long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead. "--John Maynard Keynes

Perhaps the dumbest quote in the history of man(only rivaled by what Napolean said about steam powered ships). Keynes said that in the 1920s, his idiocy was implemented in the 1930s, we learned nothing, and it was implemented again in the 1970s, and tried again recently...and now we are all living in his "long run". He gets to be dead. We have to deal with his consequences.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Exactly. Do it right. If you're going to tank go all the way with it. Get Darnold if that's the goal.

I sat there for a couple of 2 win seasons to get us a great team with Kelly.

everyone keeps saying not a fit for the system but Watkins, finally got his health right and someone with that talent fits in any system. If they want to Tank that's fine but then don't sign Boldin, trade McCoy and Keep your players that are young, good, and will be with you for years to come. Gaines is a nickel corner, Matthews is bad enough that Philly signed Torrey Smith because they couldn't trust him. He is now one of 3 possession receivers we have ( jones, boldin, and Matthews). Hes a wr 3. Nobody to stretch the field anymore, no #1WR again. Draft picks are always a gamble so yea its great to get them but we shouldn't have traded our young talent. All we did was get worse and now need to throw dice on draft picks next year. Same ol bills had enough of this. Unfortunately they didn't do enough to make us a horrible team (look at the jets) and we still go 6-10 or 7-9 and don't pick at the top. Becoming redundant at 1 bills dr

You don't know what the medical reports are on Sammy. It was great to see him out there, but 3 straight bones to start the game seemed a bit too much.

I'm just going to pretend that Sammy and Darby were driving to practice today and Brandon Beane was texting while driving, didn't see where he was going and forced Sammy and Darbys car off the road. They were both injured and hospitalized and will miss the entire season but will survive. The Rams had a fantastic prospect at WR who legally changed his name to Sammy Watkins. EJ Gaines and Jordan Matthews were just cut and the Bills picked them both up on waivers. And the NFL just changed its compensatory pick formula and awarded The Bills an extra two and a three, trying to make up for a few decades of screwing us over with the refs.

Kleenex-small-box.jpg

I'll support the move by the Front Office albeit for a different reason.

I think they know that the foot isn't right and won't be right.

WOW! Holy crap!

Please allow me to add my 10 cents or whatever the hell it's worth these days to this board in response to a day of trades this team has likely not seen befoore. I've stood by for many years reading what my brethren (and sistren?) have to say about our beloved (and behated?) Bills. The shock of this one won't wear off for many months, me thinks. It may take years to absorb this kind of trade day for any Bills fan (I've been a die-f**king-hard Bills fan for nearly 30 years - you don't know loyalty until you love the Buffalo Bills - I will literally die being a Bills fan - it's in my f**king DNA!!!!).

IMO dbperr is probably on the mark here and I'm in at leat 80% agreement with the OP. Brandon (great name) Beane is probably extremely suspicious of that infamous foot and he darn sure has better info on it than any of us here. My gut was telling me Sammy was no better than 50/50 at best to go this season for at least 14 games, other typical unforeseen injuries not withstanding.

I LOVED the Watkins pick when it happened but we must admit his durability SUCKS. Yes, he's incredible and a game-changer the likes of which the Bills have never really had for long - when he's fully healthy. But that freakin' foot is still extremely suspect.

I honestly think this was a gamble call, no doubt, by Beane and Co. on that foot. If it's a 50/50 situation, and seriously we'd probably not pony up the funds to keep him next year and beyond without some other team pealing him away for a bit more, this was a smart move - albeit a gamble.

Clearly Sammy was gone next year given what we know now. Jordan Matthews is much more reliable and has the numbers we would have expected from Sammy - not a one-for-one replacement but not bad.

The question is who now becomes the "burner" or over-the-top threat that Sammy filled. Nobody will fill Sammy's shoes given all he could (potentially) do with his amazing talent. How do they make up for his various contributions will be key. At least maybe now some of the buffoons at BN can shut the F up about how questionable drafting Sammy was and all the "sacrifice" that was made to move up for him. I'm so friggin' tired of their crying about that. Move the F on!

This is not a Whaley & and Co. move but I think it was wise. With all these high draft picks they can get one of the top 3 rated QB's and still get my fav of the class - the closest thing to Brett Favre since, well Brett Favre - who might be named later in another post.

Those are my thoughts - Blast away everyone!

Edited by Mr Beavers

Amen again!