Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams for CB Gaines, 2nd rd pick

Roundybout

Stop the "traded the best player on the team" stuff.

The best player, when he is in the mood to play, is Dareus.

Sammy has 1 foot, was not coming back, and this is a 6 win team this year anyway...

They are not accruing draft picks to use them as draft picks. They are going to use them as currency to get as high a draft pick as possible next year so we can finally get a QB. Without one, none of the discussion really matters.

Let's hope they hit on whoever they take.

Personally I don't think that the locker room cancer theory is likely either. I'm still not going to say it's completely impossible. It's more likely that the coaching staff didn't see eye to eye with Sammy. There is a great deal of politics and interpersonal communication in play at every workplace. Anything is possible. Injuries and economics are more likely reasons for this trade imo.

When I said cancer in the locker room; not seeing eye to eye with the coaches was implied there. If they didn't want to pay him; they should have traded him before the 5th year option was declined. Or they could have simply exercised and dealt him...

When I said cancer in the locker room; not seeing eye to eye with the coaches was implied there. If they didn't want to pay him; they should have traded him before the 5th year option was declined. Or they could have simply exercised and dealt him...

Maybe they tried, and couldn't find an offer they wanted until now.

Sammy has 1 foot, was not coming back, and this is a 6 win team this year anyway...

They are not accruing draft picks to use them as draft picks. They are going to use them as currency to get as high a draft pick as possible next year so we can finally get a QB. Without one, none of the discussion really matters.

100% agreed

I'd say Sammy is the best when healthy, and Dareus the best when fit, eligible and "interested". Either way, it's a sad statement about your two best players.

Amen on hitting on the right QB!

My thoughts exactly. Sammy is nothing more than a marketing tool on the Bills. It allows some fans to feel like we have a "superstar". This philosophy hasn't worked for the last 17 years. Lets not burn down the gates of Rome because we are trying something new.

One of our bigger members and a family member posted about something they caught on to last night from a team official. That a parasite was dividing the locker room and that he wasn't going to be on the team long. I guess Sammy was that one

One of our bigger members and a family member posted about something they caught on to last night from a team official. That a parasite was dividing the locker room and that he wasn't going to be on the team long. I guess Sammy was that one

Are you calling someone fat?

No telling what's happening behind the curtain. That's one reason I like to let things play out. We don't have all the facts but are often quick to judge.

Maybe they tried, and couldn't find an offer they wanted until now.

I doubt that was the case (not you personally), at any point in the offseason he could have been dealt for a 2nd rounder. I find it to be more plausible that there was another reason we declined his option and we were hoping it would serve as a wake up call - it didn't. IMO to blame it on $$$ when we have the space next year, an owner who is not RW and has plenty of $$$$ to spread around isn't enough to justify selling so low. It wasn't like when we dumped Lynch for a 4th because he ran some chick over and stole $20...

Darby I can buy (see Josh Norman); Sammy - more to it than meets the eyes

bigger members? Ha, At least something gave me a laugh today. It took me a moment to figure out what you really meant since I'm tired. I have Sammy fatigue. Btw I completely trust that source from some things I've heard as well.

bigger members? Ha, At least something gave me a laugh today. It took me a moment to figure out what you really meant since I'm tired. I have Sammy fatigue. Btw I completely trust that source from some things I've heard as well.

Do you think he was more of a diva than say, Odell Beckam?

Do you think he was more of a diva than say, Odell Beckam?

I think if had the early success and NYC spotlight of Beckham he could have been at that level, minus the Josh Norman fights. I wouldn't be shocked by behind the scenes drama with Sammy in the least. He wants to be a star. Buffalo was a downgrade from the spotlight that shined on him with college football. He said all the right things about being here, but I'll never be convinced that he wanted to be here.