Boom or Bust draft picks 2017

My choice is Christian McCaffrey. He could be a larger tackle breaking and even more versatile version of Wes Welker. Or he could be a worse version of Josh Reed - another RB convert to WR who was overrated, never broke a single tackle, and dropped more important passes than he caught.

Mike Williams, WR.

A big, slower WR who physically dominated CB's in college but won't be able to do the same in the pros. Now he's dealing with a back injury that sounds ominous. He might keep the Mike Williams name curse in tact.

Nah. McCaffrey will be a stud.

David Njoku is a boom or bust pick. He's just raw enough that he could flop but he's so talented that he could be an absolute monster.

Jay_Fixit's Guaranteed bust (since I'm always right) is Pat Mahomes.

He's still a running back bro

And gonna be pretty dang good probably... unless he's converted to WR and I wasn't aware?

Thanx for the reminder. I guess my bias is showing as I don't see him making it as a RB and that his best shot in the NFL will be at slot WR.

Nah. McCaffrey will be a stud.

David Njoku is a boom or bust pick. He's just raw enough that he could flop but he's so talented that he could be an absolute monster.

Jay_Fixit's Guaranteed bust (since I'm always right) is Pat Mahomes.

Good choice. You are spot on. He probably gets by on athleticism alone for year one and two.

Peppers definitely fits in this category. Bags and bags of physical talent but I still don't know what his position is.

I think Mahomes is a huge project. His ceiling is potentially sky high but his footwork is about the worst of any college Quarterback I've ever watched in any detail. His back foot has a mind of its own.

The other one I would throw in is OJ Howard. So much hype, so little college production. "Alabama didn't use him enough" is a lazy excuse in my mind. I think there is a LOT of projecting going on there. I was guilty of it too... because even I had a first round grade on him, though a much lower one than most, but at the moment we simply don't know whether he can do it or not.

OJ Howard is a good one. Yeah, Alabama didn't feel like the getting the ball to a top 20 NFL prospect because of scheme, what?

Garrett Bolles - very limited playing experience and raw, but plays nasty and is super light on his feet. Great talent & potential.

Sounds like he has already locked down the starting LT job in Denver.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

McCaffrey looks gooood please god dont let him ever end up on the Pats.

the biggest bust will be Trubisky. the Bears gave up way too much to move up 1 spot. they were competing with themselves, not sure why they had to move up 1 spot. a rookie GM took them for a ride on that one

OJ Howard is a good one. Yeah, Alabama didn't feel like the getting the ball to a top 20 NFL prospect because of scheme, what?

Garrett Bolles - very limited playing experience and raw, but plays nasty and is super light on his feet. Great talent & potential.

Sounds like he has already locked down the starting LT job in Denver.

Alabama has garbage qbs and can just dominate without throwing the ball. I think Howard is as safe as any prospect in this draft.

Peppers and Mahomes are really good ones. I was slow to the Mahomes train but then I was all aboard. He is in a great situation (basically the opposite of how the Bills develop qbs) & it will be hard to watch if he turns into a stud.

McCaffrey looks gooood please god dont let him ever end up on the Pats.

the biggest bust will be Trubisky. the Bears gave up way too much to move up 1 spot. they were competing with themselves, not sure why they had to move up 1 spot. a rookie GM took them for a ride on that one

way early but Trubisky looked really good tonight