Super Bowl LII: Patriots or the field?

Patriots or the field?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to bet on the Super Bowl winner, would you take the Pats or the field?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this weird feeling we will see another Pats vs Giants SB :thumbdown:

I would actually like this because it seems that's the only time the Pats lose...that being said I will take the Pats over the field...it's just too easy for them to win the division, get a first round bye, and home field throughout the playoffs...once they have that, it seems like it is a foregone conclusion.

Edited by JaCrispy

I would actually like this because it seems that's the only time the Pats lose...that being said I will take the Pats over the field...it's just too easy for them to win the division, get a first round bye, and home field throughout the playoffs...once they have that, it seems like it is a foregone conclusion.

If half of my family was not Giants fans I wouldn't mind it as much, but, they are and I don't care to see Eli raise another Lombardi trophy.

I think I'm going Pats. They are that much better than everyone. No weaknesses. :angry:

That's where I'm at. They are a lock for a bye and almost certainly a lock for homefield. They basically have to win 2 home games in which they will be a one score favorite and a neutral site game with the same spread. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Even if the "in the know" has the Pats at 30% to win 52 (which is absurdly high), that means they think it's 70% someone else wins it.

Always take the field.

This. Just a matter of odds. What happens if Brady gets hurt week 1? What happens if one of the games they lose is in the playoffs? Too much can happen. Having said that if I put money on 1 team no doubt the Pats, and I think they will win it again, wouldn't put my money on it though if a even bet

I hate to say it but I had to take the Pats. I don't think there's any team as talented as them from top to bottom in the league right now. Alot can happen so it's not a gurantee but as much as it pains me to say this they are probably my favorite to win the SB going into this season *submits post, slowly steps away from computer, starts praying for a Tom Brady acl injury*

I think other teams can match or exceed in talent at certain positions but what the Pats have is not only experienced, talent-rich starters but absurd depth. It's a long season and every team has injuries, fatigue - they will be least affected by this because they have so much depth. I think I also read that they have like the 3rd easiest schedule. Because of course they do.

The only injury I think really impacts them is Brady - but that's why this assumes he's healthy for the duration. Jimmy G could likely win a few if he's out but if he were out for the season I wouldn't think Jimmy wins the SB.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think other teams can match or exceed in talent at certain positions but what the Pats have is not only experienced, talent-rich starters but absurd depth. It's a long season and every team has injuries, fatigue - they will be least affected by this because they have so much depth.

It's a little like the Warriors or the field last year. On the outside it feels like the smart money is on the field. A lot can go wrong. The thing is that there isn't another team close to them at the moment. Of course they can lose but they will be the favorite in every game that they play potentially.