As a die hard Bills fan what are some of the sacrifices.

I live in Maine, where every bar is a Patriots bar. There are zero other Bills fans in town. When I go out to watch a game, I sit alone in silence. There's no Genny Cream Ale on tap, and the wings are abysmal. The local bar has Sunday Ticket; there are about a dozen TVs with a variety of games on, but the Bills game is never on unless they're playing the Pats, and if they're playing the Pats I won't even go out. Actually, I only go if the Bills game is on at a different time from the Pats games, because the place is ridiculous during Brady time. It actually works out well, because the Pats are on prime time like every week. I politely ask the barkeep to turn on the Bills game, then wait a half hour for her to get around to changing the channel. Then I have to listen to all the locals waxing homoerotic about Tawm Braaaaaaaady and how wicked awesome he is. If I openly root for the Bills, I get taunted - sometimes in a legitimately threatening way. It's not a lot of fun.

I would invest in the ticket

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never turn down double pay to watch a football game.

so it would be reversed for myself as I would sacrifice a bills game for double pay, especially in this day and age with dvr, ect.

so my answer to the OP, I sacrifice nothing to watch a game. I do however set aside a few hours on sunday when the opportunity arises.

entertainment is nothing to sacrifice anything for really.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Isn't is amazing how we all struggle to watch this team break hearts?

yes. When I left the house, TT had just thrown the TD pass to clay. I really thought we were going to win. Then I'm sitting in Christmas Eve mass with the atrocity that was the ending and result of that game (and season) thinking merry !@#$ing Christmas to me. I was so disgusted that not only had the game gone the way it always goes for us but that I actually had freaking believed it was going to happen the other way for once.

Oh well - Rex might still be here if they had won, and ain't nobody got time for that!

A number of years ago I was in a loud, crowded bar and a very good looking woman that I had been talking to earlier in the night came up by me and started dancing/grinding on me, but I was so enraptured watching the highlights from the Bills last preseason game on one of the TVs that I barely noticed, and she was gone by the time they were over.

A number of years ago I was in a loud, crowded bar and a very good looking woman that I had been talking to earlier in the night came up by me and started dancing/grinding on me, but I was so enraptured watching the highlights from the Bills last preseason game on one of the TVs that I barely noticed, and she was gone by the time they were over.

I didn't realize there were bars in Cheektowaga where women are grinding on dudes on a Sunday Night? I need to get out more ;)

You gave up a shot at a good looking woman who was grinding on you so you could watch Bills preseason highlights. You "win" the sacrifice contest.

Yeah you definitely win here.

BTW, do you also own a boat parked in the Outer Harbor? Saw one named Cheektavegas when up there a couple weekends ago.

i haven't given up anything. I clear my day by getting anything needing to be done early, then i plop myself at my local tavern where they graciously give me a dedicated tv for the game and i repay them by purchasing adult beverages and food.

I worked in MA. for the last 45 years before I retired and had to listen to all those idiots from there about the cheaters.. Road the "Buffalo Bills Express" out of Albany for many years and they lost every game. I stopped going and they still lost. Bus trips out of Pittsfield MA. were just as bad. Oh how I miss the 90"s.

I worked in MA. for the last 45 years before I retired and had to listen to all those idiots from there about the cheaters.. Road the "Buffalo Bills Express" out of Albany for many years and they lost every game. I stopped going and they still lost. Bus trips out of Pittsfield MA. were just as bad. Oh how I miss the 90"s.

We hear you....

I'm still not over the PI call in the endzone at Foxborough in '98. I'm not a ref conspiracy guy, but the clear out of bounds on 4th down and then a pass interference call on a Hal Mary would leave any reasonable person to question the refs motives. We're hosting Miami in the WC game that year if it wasn't for that robbery.

I'm still not over the PI call in the endzone at Foxborough in '98. I'm not a ref conspiracy guy, but the clear out of bounds on 4th down and then a pass interference call on a Hal Mary would leave any reasonable person to question the refs motives. We're hosting Miami in the WC game that year if it wasn't for that robbery.

BBMB had a good thread with the tape to back it up.

I'm happy I had totally forgot about that one.

Watching Pete dance with joy adds to the bitterness I feel after what has since happened with him.

For your viewing pleasure.... start around... an hour and 8 minutes...

Wade was a stoic cat.

Uhm, I've made it known with any GF's I've had in the past that Sundays are for the Bills and the rest of the time I'm all yours unless the Mets are on then that's 3 hours for them..

That sounds like me. I made it clear with all GF's and spouse Bills games times is mine. Mets are on all the time on internet so I do her things unless it is playoffs.

I don't even need waivers for funerals or weddings as they don't happen on Sun, Sun night, Mon night, Thurs night. I would of course miss games for birth of my child or some unforeseen health emergency of course.

Bills take about 48 hours or so a year to watch 16 games x 3 hrs.. So yeah I think I can manage to pull myself away from other endeavors to find that meager time to at least watch the games.

BBMB had a good thread with the tape to back it up.

I'm happy I had totally forgot about that one.

Watching Pete dance with joy adds to the bitterness I feel after what has since happened with him.

For your viewing pleasure.... start around... an hour and 8 minutes...

Wade was a stoic cat.

Uggghhh. It was worse than I remember. If only they had instant replay on that 4th down.

I know what it was, I had little respect for Flutie, nor those who had a man-crush on him (and still do) so I didn't put my 100% heart and soul into those years.

Like when the Leafs went with Domi and Tucker as top idols, aiming for missing the playoffs for several years and hitting that target.

I know what it was, I had little respect for Flutie, nor those who had a man-crush on him (and still do) so I didn't put my 100% heart and soul into those years.

Like when the Leafs went with Domi and Tucker as top idols, aiming for missing the playoffs for several years and hitting that target.

I was one of the idiots who wanted them to dump Flutie and keep Johnson.