Old Man Reggie for the Wall

Watching old highlights, I remain convinced that because of his effectiveness, longevity, and iconic status as a Bill, Reggie McKenzie belongs on the Wall of Fame. Please remember how hard he charged every play well into the 80's, for bad teams. This guy left it on the field every down. I really believe it would mean the world to him. He was as much an icon of this team for hard work as Darryl Talley, ask Darryl Talley. When he came into the league, who did everyone on the team look to as the leader.

Watching old highlights, I remain convinced that because of his effectiveness, longevity, and iconic status as a Bill, Reggie McKenzie belongs on the Wall of Fame. Please remember how hard he charged every play well into the 80's, for bad teams. This guy left it on the field every down. I really believe it would mean the world to him. He was as much an icon of this team for hard work as Darryl Talley, ask Darryl Talley. When he came into the league, who did everyone on the team look to as the leader.

Good call. I wouldn't object to that. He helped turn The Juice loose.

Why not Reggie?

Wikpedia:

In 2002, McKenzie was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame.[11] He was also inducted into the Michigan Sports Hall of Fame in 1994.

He was inducted into the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame in 2016. [12]

On November 22, 2016, McKenzie was won the Big Ten's Ford-Kinnick Leadership Award.[13]

Edited by cba fan

He feels betrayed by the NFL.

And he tends to be very vocal about it....

But don't get me wrong, he has that right and belongs up there.

I didn't realize Reggie wasn't up there, actually. He should be, in my mind.

Edited by Augie

Thank you for all the positive responses...I really would like to gain momentum.

I have no truck with Joe D at all. I think his place on the Wall is well deserved, and he's a happy rewarded Bill.

I have always held onto the pride I felt when 'Old Man Reggie' was in his last years and would come sidling up to the line to block with amazing effectiveness for Joe Cribbs and Roland Hooks, just as he had for OJ and my hero Jim Braxton 8 or 10 years earlier.

He was a real asset to the Bills for so long...I remember how everyone looked up to him as a leader from'73 forward.

Edited by tedstrong

Heard a funny story I think from Joe D.

Bills were playing Steelers and Mean Joe Greene put his foot on the ball and asks the OL who's the bad MFer who can take this ball from me.

Reggie said to Joe D. I think he's talking to you :lol:

I would have expected him to be on the wall years ago.