Share some music thread

Pine Barrens Mafia

God I miss the 90's.  For a brief, shining moment, there was too much creative, ***** fantastic, music flooding the airwaves for corporate entities to catch up, commodify and rip off.   Apparently these tiny windows of actual celebration of us not being terrible creatures who need our creativity monetized and destroyed only happen once every 30 years.  But they do exist.   Keep the Faith

11 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Happy New Year's you beautiful bastards.  Here's to a solid, and maybe occasionally fantastic 2023 for us all

Elvis is in my wife.  The cats come to the door to greet her... I say: "Elvis is entering the building." When she leaves, I announce: "Elvis has left the building!"

This can spin-off to an all Elvis channel/thread... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

An underrated band - The Zombies. In their best moments, they came close to match the Beatles. As a drawback, their songs do not show a great deal of variety. My favorite Zombies song...

Here is their second album (#243 in Rolling Stone's 2020 list of 500 best albums). To me, their hit "Times of the Season" is actually one of the least interesting tracks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/31/2022 at 8:37 AM, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Leon!~!~!!! welcome back with a BANG hermano. Peace and a hearty Go Bills to you brother!

This visual scared me . The beginning was suspenseful and dark Im like WHUT IS GOING ON HERE. for real 

I knew  about this aint no party this aint no disco And now I am aware  This aint no picnic  either.

Cinci you are TOAST roday we Aint fooling around. Today is the most serious of football business about to go down y'all.

are you ready leon?  anybody?

GO BILLS!~!~!!!

When Rolling Stone just published their newest edition of "200 Greatest Singers of All Time", many felt that Celine Dion was snubbed. I am not among them. However, if you include Ozzy and Glenn Danzig, you should also have this guy on your list... My two favorite songs, both from the album "Swordfishtrombones":

Edited by DrW
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was in a serious funk over the Damar situation. Didn't care about anything much but refreshing Twitter and TBD for updates. I had no interest in football. I needed to get out of the funk. 

I asked Alexa to play Rush. This broke me out of my funk.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/4/2023 at 2:18 PM, Draconator said:

I was in a serious funk over the Damar situation. Didn't care about anything much but refreshing Twitter and TBD for updates. I had no interest in football. I needed to get out of the funk. 

I asked Alexa to play Rush. This broke me out of my funk.

gracias hermano. This was a very fun visual and auditory trip for me. I am a RUSH novice.

• Like (+1) 2

Recently, they played one of their songs on our student-run radio station. I had never heard of "The Good, the Bad, and the Queen" before, but I always liked Damon Albarn (Blur, Gorillaz). Well, they are a kind of supergroup with Albarn, Paul Simonon (The Clash), Simon Tong (The Verve), and Tony Allen (Fela Kuti's afrobeat). The concert recorded here is beautiful. If you do not have the patience to listen to the whole concert, just try the first and the last track. Enjoy!

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, muppy said:

gracias hermano. This was a very fun visual and auditory trip for me. I am a RUSH novice.

Oh. Well you have a ways to go to achiever full Krieger status. I see a deep early track and a later effort. How about the hit single that should have been but wasn't?

With regard to the above Zombies post... has there ever been a cooler song than Care Of Cell 44?

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

A close friend saw Lukather (well after Toto) years ago and said he was 'evil' - in a good way of course. 

Brains are inexplicable at times. Your comment about 'evil in a good way' reminded me of this long forgotten Stevie Nicks demo:

haha. I jest. this is really just the original Atlanta Rhythm Section album track played at 45.

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

Brains are inexplicable at times. Your comment about 'evil in a good way' reminded me of this long forgotten Stevie Nicks demo:

haha. I jest. this is really just the original Atlanta Rhythm Section album track played at 45.

That's a new one on me - hurt my brain a little.  

12 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

met a Cuban today (a person, not a cigar) and it reminded me of this:

anecdotal fact. my son gave his father the vinyl of this band just now at Christmas. I want to hear it poolside 🙂

HOLY CRAP this got my blood pumping this morning. HA! Good Morning 2bd:-) inspired by the lyrical thread

I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone
I crashed my car into the bridge, I watched, I let it burn
I threw your **** into a bag and pushed it down the stairs
I crashed my car into the bridge

I don't care, I love it
I don't care

I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone
I crashed my car into the bridge, I watched, I let it burn
I threw your ****  into a bag and pushed it down the stairs
I crashed my car into the bridge

I don't care, I love it
I don't care

You're on a different road, I'm in the milky way
You want me down on earth, but I am up in space
You're so damn hard to please, we gotta kill this switch
You're from the 70's, but I'm a 90's B word

I love it
I love it

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, muppy said:

anecdotal fact. my son gave his father the vinyl of this band just now at Christmas. I want to hear it poolside 🙂

the story is that Ry Cooder (the ponytailed white guy) went down to Cuba and assembled some of their best musical talent, many of whom hadn't played publicly in years, and recorded this album.  When you listen, you'll hear some electric guitar that seems out of place.  That's Cooder. It's a great summer album or anytime album.  They later went on tour.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

the story is that Ry Cooder (the ponytailed white guy) went down to Cuba and assembled some of their best musical talent, many of whom hadn't played publicly in years, and recorded this album.  When you listen, you'll hear some electric guitar that seems out of place.  That's Cooder. It's a great summer album or anytime album.  They later went on tour.

this is a very fun cool summer vibe sound for me too Salud  🙂 I was not aware of the backstory at all.  My son it seems like every year gifts his dad an album for Christmas , He knows our taste runs the gamut 🙂 

1 minute ago, muppy said:

this is a very fun cool summer vibe sound for me too Salud  🙂 I was not aware of the backstory at all.  My son it seems like every year gifts his dad an album for Christmas , He knows our taste runs the gamut 🙂 

I was in a lunch line yesterday and engaged these 4 little boys...asked their name.  They didn't answer and the woman with them said they didn't speak English yet. Turns out she was their Cuban nanny!

• Thank you (+1) 1